Jump to content

We still don't have a head coach


Recommended Posts

While BCCI is busy posting Jay Shah pictures more than Kohli or Rohit, another tale of mismanagement went under the radar. They left Marine Drive in a mess without taking the permission of residents/authorities. 

 

 

Happy for the cup but now back to business. When it was known that Dravid will leave after the tournament, why didn't they start the process earlier? And in case they have finalized the coach, why are they delaying the announcement? If we go by the past, they will declare the news using third party sources and not a formal presd conference. Which they do in case of injury, captaincy change, etc. 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Players gets abused for minor mistakes even though each of them tries his best to win every match for India. With better luck, we should have won two more tournaments in last decade. If someone is not doing its job, it the BCCI babus. 

Edited by Chakdephatte
Link to comment

Coaching at this level is overrated, we won the 2007 WT20 with Lal Singh Rajput who wasn't a coach IIRC. We almost won with him at the helm in Oz as well, test series, later that year.

Link to comment
16 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

While BCCI is busy posting Jay Shah pictures more than Kohli or Rohit, another tale of mismanagement went under the radar. They left Marine Drive in a mess without taking the permission of residents/authorities. 

 

 

Happy for the cup but now back to business. When it was known that Dravid will leave after the tournament, why didn't they start the process earlier? And in case they have finalized the coach, why are they delaying the announcement? If we go by the past, they will declare the news using third party sources and not a formal presd conference. Which they do in case of injury, captaincy change, etc. 

Eternal problem in India.

Mumbai is already overcrowded, celebrations are fine but taking out a roadshow blocking the roads for hours isn't right IMO, wc to be corrected.

 

Should have booked a convention hall rather.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Month break between SL series and BD one 

Yep.   Figured it out later.  Good in a way.  Our team plays far more cricket than any other team.  Hopefully, a new coach gets officially appointed during that gap of 1 month. (Or maybe little earlier).  

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Yep.   Figured it out later.  Good in a way.  Our team plays far more cricket than any other team.  Hopefully, a new coach gets officially appointed during that gap of 1 month. (Or maybe little earlier).  

Chota Shah said new coach will go to SL... Let's see

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Something tells me that may be talks with Gambhir have not finalised.

Gambhir wanted probably more authority and control and after the WC win Rohit and senior players with selector Agarkar have got more leverage.

Edited by Number
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

I am getting the same feeling.

 

May end up with Laxman or even Rathour as coach.

VVS is certainity

All this ,I'm not ready,is nautanki on his part

He's is Dravid's lightest version

Meanwhile Gambhir shot a farewell video at Eden Gardens only to get ditched for super bright VVS/Rathoureewou

Edited by Suhaan
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Number said:

Something tells me that may be talks with Gambhir have not finalised.

Gambhir wanted probably more authority and control and after the WC win Rohit and senior players with selector Agarkar have got more leverage.

Yeah I think so too. Now that Rohit is confirmed for CT, you can't leave Kohli or Jadeja out either.

 

GG would want a cleanout and start afresh with 2027 in mind .

 

That's not possible now.  They'll need an interim coach. 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah I think so too. Now that Rohit is confirmed for CT, you can't leave Kohli or Jadeja out either.

 

GG would want a cleanout and start afresh with 2027 in mind .

 

That's not possible now.  They'll need an interim coach. 

Bhaiya har upcoming ICC event ke liye rasta saaf kar rahe hain

In fact I feel this retirement is just gimmick,there is every chance they will reappear for home T20 WC in 2026,then obviously "no time left for big CWC,egggsperience is must"churan to be served

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Bhaiya har upcoming ICC event ke liye rasta saaf kar rahe hain

In fact I feel this retirement is just gimmick,there is every chance they will reappear for home T20 WC in 2026,then obviously "no time left for big CWC,egggsperience is must"churan to be served

That's my fear too.   If we don't get enough matches into the younger lot, they won't be ready either.

 

And then they'll say youngsters are not ready so we have to back Kohli and Jadeja .

 

Most coaches are pliable but GG is a bit different. Won't take shi* from even Jay Shah or anyone else . 

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yeah I think so too. Now that Rohit is confirmed for CT, you can't leave Kohli or Jadeja out either.

 

GG would want a cleanout and start afresh with 2027 in mind .

 

That's not possible now.  They'll need an interim coach. 

New Batting bowling and fielding coach loading as well

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...