The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

Lol at people whining like girls because somebody said he can't eat veggie food or he likes non - veg much more than veg food :hysterical: Grow up girls. These are personal opinions. Be happy with your ghass phuss. Stop using veg and spices in your non veg :haha::hysterical:. Now some serious matter. Veggies are the people who have done grave sins in their past lives. That is why they are being punished by God in this life by not able to eat the best food ever known to mankind.:yay::yay:
Looks like one of the bones got stuck in your brain

Lets stick to topic. More food options for vegeterians ( I am not repeating options I mentioned earlier in this thread) Manakeesh from Arabic food is delicious Euthiopean food is heaven for Vegeterians.. Its mostly vegeterian.. Nandoes burgers Perogies
you dont need Einstein's mind to figure out non-vegetarians can eat vegetarian food also :hmmm: :hysterical:

However' date=' Flax seed and Walnuts are not considered supplements. Yes we don't eat them normally in a regular diet, but flax seed can be added to cereals and walnuts ofc can be had just like that.[/quote'] But, DM is right in some ways. The fatty acids in whole flax seed are not easily bioavailable. However, if ground up prior to eating, it seems to improve bioavailability. Fish oil supplements seem to be the best. But for vegetarians, there is little choice but to go with flax, walnuts or avocadoes (glad I like them all!). Another factor to consider is the omega-6:omega-3 fatty acid ratio. Both types of FA are essential, but in moderation and at the right ratios. Western diets have ~ 15:1; this is linked to increase in CVD and cancer risk. Mediterranean diets have more like 1:1, seems to lower CVD and cancer risk. Red meats tend to have high omega 6/omega 3 ratios, most frying vegetable oils also have high ratios of omega6/omega 3 FAs. Again, fish oils seem to have the best ratios.

you dont need Einstein's mind to figure out non-vegetarians can eat vegetarian food also :hmmm: :hysterical:
abe Thakur ke Ram Lal... dimag sandaas main **** kar aya kya :--D... Read the OP on the first page.. Idea of the thread is to share vegeterian food options.. but this thread is now a mess with Veg vs Non-veg crap...I am sharing the veggie food options that both non-veg and veg ppl can enjoy..

I have heard that cod liver (fish) oil is another substance which is required but not found appropriately in vegetarian diets. Is that accurate?
Don't make a mistake of turning to cod-liver oil primarily as a Omega-3 Supplement. Cod-liver oil has extremely high levels of Vitamin-A. It is healthy (and safe) to take 15-30 ML of normal fish oil, for Omega-3 supplementation, whereas equivalent amounts of cod-liver oil can cause access of vitamin-A (going by the amount it contains). Anyway it won't be cost effective either.
Try flax seed and walnuts
From whatever I have read, quality of omega-3 fatty acids (in terms of bio-availability) isn't at the same levels as fish oils. (Also, for flax-seed oil heating / long exposures to light kills the effectiveness in terms of Omega-3 availability). Flax seed oil is definitely tastier than fish oil. Walnuts are great source of Omega-3.