Thank god we didn't tour Pakistan - Dhoni

So again I ask the question: How can you say Dhoni is un informed or doesn't know about the security situation in Pakistan?
Because it is not as cut and dry as you are trying to make out to be. This is a big enough thing for an entire article to be composed, but since I dont have much time today I will try to put my point of view right here. Today's incidence is a glaring example of what is defined in International polity as "Zero Sum game". There are no winners on this one but only losers. a) Pakistan can now claim that it has problems of non-state actors and countries will actually listen to it. I mean how can home grown terrorist do this to their own country?? Of course terrorists are capable of doing anything but the point will be heard. b) India will make the case of "look we told you so". However its International criticism will grow weaker due to point a) mentioned above. Countries, specially Western world, would look at Pakistan as a nation without a leader and would basically salvage their interest(read support Army) since its only the Army that can claim some sort of order. c) Players who have refused to travel Pakistan would be in a no-win situation. Much as they wanted to avoid this situation no-one wants his fellow peers to be shot at or maimed or worse. d) The sight of gun totting kids with a rucksack is very much remindful of Security Experts idea of "new form of terrorism" on the anvil. Gone are the days of planting a bomb. Now these folks grab an AK-47, load a dozen or so extra magazines with a few grenades and now RPG. This is a scenario that no country is in position to deal with. Not Pakistan nor India. With the Security measures in place India will need to be lucky all the time but these folks need to be lucky just once to change the scenario forever. In summation its a Zero Sum game. There are no winners on this one, atleast none that I can see. xxx
In other words if English player think India unsafe then they should not travel. Thanks for making my point. And probably it is a good idea for you to look up how US State Department rates India in terms of Security(for its travelling citizens). It is no different for England or Australia as well.
In other words? LOL.That very phrase is based on making assumptions. Your logic has gone for a toss because you are trying desperately (and valiantly I might add) to defend your very very feeble point. Your 'in other words' extrapolation will only have merit if India was sending terrorists to UK and killing people there. Let me spell it out for you because you are (deliberately?) slow today. Dhoni is relieved in light of what happened to SL because had India gone, it may well have been much worse. Why? Because, Pakistan has a history of sending terrorists to India to target and kill Indians. Hence, Dhoni was very relieved and said so.
Your logic has gone for a toss because you are trying desperately (and valiantly I might add) to defend your very very feeble point. Your 'in other words' extrapolation will only have merit if India was sending terrorists to UK and killing people there. Let me spell it out for you because you are (deliberately?) slow today. Dhoni is relieved in light of what happened to SL because had India gone, it may well have been much worse. Why? Because, Pakistan has a history of sending terrorists to India to target and kill Indians. Hence, Dhoni was very relieved and said so.
You see how wrong your analogy is?? Dont worry zingoism does that to people. India sending terrorists to England has nothing to do here. All that is required for India to be deemed a "dangerous place" by English(or Aussies whatever) is for English Security officials to suggest they can not guarantee their players would be 100% safe in India. They would bother little if the attackers are Naxals or LeT or LTTE. Which was my point about this whole home grown vs imported terrorists. Hope that helps now. xxx
Because it is not as cut and dry as you are trying to make out to be. This is a big enough thing for an entire article to be composed, but since I dont have much time today I will try to put my point of view right here.. . . . . In summation its a Zero Sum game. There are no winners on this one, atleast none that I can see.
I'm not making it out to be anything mate. You're the one that said Dhoni should remain quiet because he doesn't know the situation. Remember this post of yours:
Yes you (Dhoni) should keep quiet if you: a) Have not much idea on whats going on.
So the long post you just made has nothing to do with you're original assertion that Dhoni should be quiet because he doesn't have much idea of what's going on. Again, you're distorting and distracting the direct issue at hand here. The fact is you singled out MSD out of ALL the people that have been making comments and saying that not only he should remain quiet, but he doesn't have much of an idea of what's going on. I know from reading articles, interviews and so on during the Asia Cup of how the Indian team was briefed by the BCCI and local security officials on the situation constantly but here you are making bizarre claims that Dhoni doesn't have much of an idea of what's going on? Not to mention that only weeks ago the PCB sent the BCCI a detailed security plan for the propsed Indian tour that certainly Dhoni would have seen as the captain along with Kirsten etc. Probably a similar, if not same plan that was eventually sent to Sri Lanka. And you're saying the Dhoni doesn't have much of an idea of what's going on there? Sorry man, like I said, it appears that you're the one who's mis informed.
Today's incidence is a glaring example of what is defined in International polity as "Zero Sum game". There are no winners on this one but only losers.
A zero sum game is where the sum total of gains and losses is zero...I think you may have your definition slightly awry on this one. Do correct me if I am wrong. You seem to begin with the conclusion of "there are only losers" and then profer scenario's whereby it is fulfilled. Wouldn't it be preferable to begin with the argument and then arrive at a conclusion?
It works exactly that way. Pakistan is the origin of these terrorists and India is the victim. The two simply cannot be equated. However many times it's stated' date=' it's still not enough. We are incredibly incredibly lucky to have cancelled our tour and Dhoni is expressing himself in a state of immense relief, which is completely normal and also the right thing to do. It's akin to that guy the other day stating on TV how lucky he was to have missed his flight, which later crashed and all aboard died.[/quote'] you are missing the point of lurker, the more unstable pakistan becomes , the more dangerous it becomes to India, what did Indian police , govt and army do to prevent 26/11 nothing and to top it off what action has it taken so far to show yes we can control our country and keep our people safe. Indian govt has done nothing to indicate that it has secured its borders so no terrorists can enter India, nor it has shown that it has balls to fight pakistan ala US, it happened in lahore , it could very happen in any Indian city unless our useless govt does something about it. We are playing we told you so game today , but I dont think it eliminates the threat of such Attacks in India in future.India might be the victim but it needs to show its people and others that it can raise to challenge and crush these bastards from border.
You see how wrong your analogy is?? Dont worry zingoism does that to people. India sending terrorists to England has nothing to do here. All that is required for India to be deemed a "dangerous place" by English(or Aussies whatever) is for English Security officials to suggest they can not guarantee their players would be 100% safe in India. They would bother little if the attackers are Naxals or LeT or LTTE. Which was my point about this whole home grown vs imported terrorists. Hope that helps now.
What's zingoism? What you are saying has no bearing and is very unrelated to the point I am making which is that Dhoni's statements are on the money given Pak's export of terrorism to India and he's correct in expressing relief. Your extrapolation of bringing England in is irrelevant because India doesn't export terrorism to England.
Yes you should keep quiet if you: a) Have not much idea on whats going on.
Very weill said - now only if you walk to talk - that'd be great :winky: @OP - Dhoni very aptly put the emotion out. It wasn't a 'told-you-so' emotion. But a 'thank-god-we-didn't-tour' momemnt.

Kudos to Pakistan.... They have worked very hard to earn this staus on to them.... Gosh I strongly feel for some innocent people of Pakistan......And as for Dhoni... I only support this guy 30-40% of the time. But here he is spot on......I would comment very strongly on the situation if I were him.

Pakistanis are already down and an Indian no less (anyone but an Indian !) has seemingly gone and stuck the knife in and kick em while they're down - so yeh, poor show by Dhoni, that's if you're a Pakistani. I think that sums this thread up !

Pakistanis are already down and an Indian no less (anyone but an Indian !) has seemingly gone and stuck the knife in and kick em while they're down - so yeh' date=' poor show by Dhoni, that's if you're a Pakistani. I think that sums this thread up ![/quote'] So? Who cares if they're down. They should have been down and out long ago. In anycase I wonder if you will speak of restraint the way you do if one of the cricketers was your brother in law.
So the long post you just made has nothing to do with you're original assertion that Dhoni should be quiet because he doesn't have much idea of what's going on.
I beleive I have clearly suggested what is the situation at hand and how Dhoni's comments wont do anything to help the situation. Read my first post, it started with a "Bad timing" comment. Anyway I beleive we are both steadfast on our ideas on this thing, lets agree to disagree.