Was Agarkar more tailunted than Akram?

True...A few people think that Wasim was more talented and TBH he had his few moments too ( I always think Wasim is like Joginder Sharma in LOI - both had their moments in greatest stage) but Agarkar was in a different league altogether....Agarkar also never used bottle caps or fixed matches...nor was he spotted smoking marijuana...so on an ethical scale, there is no comparison anyways.... Agarkar >>>>>Wasim IMO in LOI...
so if he didn't fix matches his stats would be even better?
Not to mention Agarkar managed to out-stat Akram even though he was a good 6 inch shorter. Wickets per inch Agarkar beats Akram pants down.
100 at Lords, single handed match winning 6fer at Adelaide. Wasim was a decent bowler no doubt, but Agarkar was in different league.
I'd say they are about the same. Although most batsmen think that Agarkar had more talent than Wasim, at least some others feel that Wasim was better. This is one of those great debates in cricket in the last 25 years. Similar to Tendulkar or Lara? Richie Benaud's commentary to Tony Greig? Coke or Pepsi? People are always going to be divided over this.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
Wasim all eager to pick up bowling tips ( especially reverse swinging yorkers) from an ever cheerful and helpful Agarkar. Wasim knew that all other bowlers were competing for only the 'NEXT' best slot and wearing it on his shirt to remind himself. Pc0210800.jpg
Indians are too nice. They have bigger hearts than Pakistanis. I don't see the need for Agarkar to teach Akram any bowling tricks whatsoever. Yet, he does, even though he knows that Pakistan is the enemy, and one day, Pakistani fast bowlers might use those tricks against India. Can you imagine the uproar in Pakistan if a Pakistani bowler was teaching Indians how to bowl?
Agarkar was useless in tests the true test of a bowler.
More than useless in tests, I would say he was unfortunate in tests. His test numbers don't justify his once in a generation talent. But what he did do in tests was create a lot of pressure- in the sense that just by knowing that Agarkar was in the opposition lineup, batsmen came into the game very intimidated. In this way, Ajit made bowlers look a lot better than they were. Just through the psychological pressure and fear he created.