Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

I never got this incline thing. Do you really think you burn so many calories? I think because most people on incline ones hold the handle in front they are not actually loosing as per reading

Simple logic, you are climbing up, and will lose more calories automatically and will sweat more. Try inlicne while walking and not running. That is what I do. And do not just put incline on 2. Start with 4 or something. It's not major adjustment since you are walking and not running. You will feel you are sweating more. Also you might not need to hold the handle at incline of 3-4. But beyond that you will.

I was doing at 12 last week, now 14 this week.  Another one from last week. IMG_1221.JPG

^ Oh! few years back my knees started hurting. Since then I do not rely on anything which can potentially impact my joints to loose calorie. I changed my fitness regime. Infact i have become fitter, If needed, I run faster for 5Km saturday run. But doesn't test it. Also, this season, I am bowling bouncers at will in net.:yess:

1 hour ago, mishra said:

^ Oh! few years back my knees started hurting. Since then I do not rely on anything which can potentially impact my joints to loose calorie. I changed my fitness regime. Infact i have become fitter, If needed, I run faster for 5Km saturday run. But doesn't test it. Also, this season, I am bowling bouncers at will in net.:yess:

Ya, same here. Resting knees is extremely importang then if you feel any pain.  That's the only way out. Switch to some light weights when you feel knee pain as only way to last longer is to have them rest. That is why it is important for basketball and tennis players to rest a lot to last long. Now you can even say that for fast bowlers. 

I am adopting new strategy nowadays . If you stick to diet it works. Go for bigger weights..compound strength training involving lots of muscles. Squat and  Dead lift no.1 They stimulate your muscles so much that spikes your  testosterone.  I skipped cardio completely for a while. It works .

Try these HIIT exercise involving Dumbbell.. Last one is freaking hard

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-muscle/6-best-dumbbell-exercises-for-hiit

My two cents:

1. Eat and eat well - Kidney beans, chick peas, chicken, salmon, oats etc
  2. Do your compound exercises and do them well - Squats, deadlifts, bench press
  3. Work your entire body as opposed to the muscles you see in the mirror
  4. Build core strength.
  5. Mix up your weights and strength training with cardio
  6. Get into rock climbing. 

This was taken in South America recently. Went hiking around South America before going to Nepal and hiking to the base of Mount Everest.

Nobody cares whether you have a flat stomach or rock hard abs. They care about whether you have the strength or stamina to make it to the next checkpoint in time. 

If your fitness isn't up to par, you become a major, major liability.

DSC02840.jpgimage hosting

My two cents:

1. Eat and eat well - Kidney beans, chick peas, chicken, salmon, oats etc
  2. Do your compound exercises and do them well - Squats, deadlifts, bench press
  3. Work your entire body as opposed to the muscles you see in the mirror
  4. Build core strength.
  5. Mix up your weights and strength training with cardio
  6. Get into rock climbing. 
This was taken in South America recently. Went hiking around South America before going to Nepal and hiking to the base of Mount Everest.

Nobody cares whether you have a flat stomach or rock hard abs. They care about whether you have the strength or stamina to make it to the next checkpoint in time. 

If your fitness isn't up to par, you become a major, major liability.

DSC02840.jpgimage hosting

International man of mystery..you should do the Dos Equis commercial brah

Good to see the thread back. Fitness and strength are very important for me as I love playing cricket and play both 50 overs and 25 overs club cricket games on summer weekends. I am an outright pacer and usually open the bowling and sometimes end up bowling close to 15 overs in one day. I realize that I need to be on my fittest to maintain my summer weekend hobby. Which I why I have been regular to gym for last 6-7 years. I used to be really bulky before but now I am not lifting superheavy as I loose pace when I get big. I feel I am at my peak of my health now. My fitness has really helped my batting as well and I scored 5 50s and 1 hundred in last two years.

xuFJzN.jpg

Edited by rahulrulezz

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:

Went to the gym today after a long time.To make matters worse, it was a wet icy day..sigh

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow impressive, I usually chicken out on icy days...If you did it on an icy day, kudos..that's a sign that you are going to be super dedicated 

For me, the following are important:

• High levels of stamina - For spending times at high altitudes (5.5 Kilometers and above) where the Oxygen is a fraction of where it is at sea level
  • Strong legs - For hiking, trekking, vertical climbing
  • Strong core strength - Self explanatory really
  • Strong stabilization muscles - Keeping balance over uneven terrain
  • Strong back muscles - For all climbing movements
  • Strong grip strength

This is the stuff I am into:

number-1-co-gai-viet-o-nepal.jpg

Edited by EnterTheVoid

This is what I do to prepare:

• Long distance riding on my pushbike - 100 kilometer return trips
  • Mountaineering courses - How to use crampons, fixed rope etc
  • Rock climbing courses - A lot of the rope work in rock climbing transfers over to mountaineering
  • Compound movements - Squat, dead lift, bench press, pull ups, dips etc

Squats and deadlifts aren't dangerous. Squats and deadlifts with bad form are.

Good morning squats and stripper dead lifts. Its snap city the whole way.

did a few sets of deadlift yesterday, starting with 55 kg 10 reps then 75 kg 8 reps, 90 kg 5 reps, ending with 120 kg of four single reps and that too after I had done 12 sets of back workout 4 different exercises and 20 plus minutes of treadmill including slow walking at 6 kph + walking at 5-6 kph on incline of 15 then jogging at 9 kph then faster running at 12 and then intensely fast running at 15 KPH. All done for 20 plus minutes. I kept changing the speeds and duration. Slow-faster-fast-intense in this sequence. Shortest duration was for 15 kph fast running.  My highest deadlift till now is 140 kg. I love deadlift. It is one of the best exercise and always likes to lift heavy.

Edited by rkt.india

42 Farhrenheit here today. Chilly and slightly windy but we are going to keep our promise and play our first practice game of the soon. 

It is a twenty20. Will bowl just about 2-4 overs today but looking forward to the first game of the season and just being out there on the cricket field and just fielding the  ball.