Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

On 6/21/2019 at 9:45 PM, Cricketics said:

Yes, it works well. I am glad you are seeing the results.

I screwed up my Ankle and did not want to make it worse so was giving running some rest, while I continued walking on decent incline and sometimes on standard elevation. It works pretty well, still the simplest hack of staying in shape. 

too much walking.. 10-15kms a day

now got  knee pain :(( 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I did keto n lost 15kgs in 3months 

Many do this, but they end up gaining back. To make sure you don't get the weight back, you must stick to few workouts weekly so that your buddy doesn't get used to just kept. Practically, its not probable to do Keto diet all your life, so higher chance of gaining weight back. If you can add some workout to your weekly routine, not a lot, but just a bit, then it balances and will make sure that you can maintain the weight. Don't do too much workout too, you don't want your body to get used too too much workout also, as that is also not possible to maintain all your life. 

18 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Many do this, but they end up gaining back. To make sure you don't get the weight back, you must stick to few workouts weekly so that your buddy doesn't get used to just kept. Practically, its not probable to do Keto diet all your life, so higher chance of gaining weight back. If you can add some workout to your weekly routine, not a lot, but just a bit, then it balances and will make sure that you can maintain the weight. Don't do too much workout too, you don't want your body to get used too too much workout also, as that is also not possible to maintain all your life. 

Actually i didnt gain any weight back....the only weight u gain is water weight. If u knw how to control it u can

I kept one cheat day .......Still had protein n veggies like i use to and just add grains . I still avoid wheat n rice as much as i can.

I knw ppl who have been on keto for ever now ......

I wud soon go back on keto as it made me feel most energetic ever 

7 minutes ago, mishra said:

How young are you? You shouldn’t have one unless overweight 

Not overweight :mad:

Usually I pay one month , will goto gym for 3/4 days and get bored ..

Decided to walk in the nearby park .. I overdid I think ..

First got palm pain and it vanished within the first week ..

I increased from 20 rounds to 30 in 3/4 weeks .. from 9/10 to 14kms

Best way to lose weight is by actually playing a sport. I hate going to the gym. Feel like it’s a chore but ask me to play any sport like tennis,cricket, badminton or even Table tennis and Golf ( the driving range not 18 round golf) can do that the entire day.

love playing outdoor games. Not good at soccer though but love playing the other sports mentioned above.

Started playing tennis again recently in the last 2 months .finally found someone at my level. My level being Not a total railu katta but not a semi-pro type too.

Look forward to it every evening.

Also  how reliable are these fitness trackers? I walk 2 miles don’t feel a thing and I meet my goal.

I play 2 hours of tennis or racquetball/ squash and exhaust myself and sweat   Profusely but barely reach my targets.

I am talking about Apple Watch series 2

Edited by maniac

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Best way to lose weight is by actually playing a sport. I hate going to the gym. Feel like it’s a chore but ask me to play any sport like tennis,cricket, badminton or even Table tennis and Golf ( the driving range not 18 round golf) can do that the entire day.

love playing outdoor games. Not good at soccer though but love playing the other sports mentioned above.

Started playing tennis again recently in the last 2 months .finally found someone at my level. My level being Not a total railu katta but not a semi-pro type too.

Look forward to it every evening.

No, the best way is to diet and do some weight lifting.

You cannot out train a bad diet. I know someone who runs 5 miles a day but is still fat.

8 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

No, the best way is to diet and do some weight lifting.

You cannot out train a bad diet. I know someone who runs 5 miles a day but is still fat.

Fitness is not about having 6 packs and looking like a model. 100% agree on the good diet part. however when it comes to physical activity, I enjoy playing sports than working out in the gym or running which I personally find boring.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Fitness is not about having 6 packs and looking like a model. 100% agree on the good diet part. however when it comes to physical activity, I enjoy playing sports than working out in the gym or running which I personally find boring.

Yes fitness is very different than looks.

This guy is fitter than any Bollywood or Hollywood actor and the bodybuilder looking boxer he defeated.

Ruiz-Joshua19-1.thumb.jpg.130c7e36430159bd83f9c992d4271a1e.jpg

7 hours ago, velu said:

Not overweight :mad:

Usually I pay one month , will goto gym for 3/4 days and get bored ..

Decided to walk in the nearby park .. I overdid I think ..

First got palm pain and it vanished within the first week ..

I increased from 20 rounds to 30 in 3/4 weeks .. from 9/10 to 14kms

Just remember. 100 mtr muscular sprinter can not run a marathon without injury.

Ideal distance and relative ideal speed is individual to your own fitness and Body

16 hours ago, Cricketics said:

it is the diet that matters.  Work out matters max 20%. 80% is right diet.  or either you do workout 5 hours a day to burn 1000 calories daily without doing diet.

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

it is the diet that matters.  Work out matters max 20%. 80% is right diet.  or either you do workout 5 hours a day to burn 1000 calories daily without doing diet.

Yes, but people sometimes can not continue crazy diet all their life. Most people who lose lot of weight like 10-15 kgs or 15-20 pounds always. mention. how they stopped eating their favorite thing for a month or two etc. Now. you have to be realistic and say that you won't starve yourself from eating your favorite stuff all your life. If you can add a bit of workout to your routine and still eat once or twice a week the food you like, your body is "good to go" and will maintain weight. Then you won't have to go through the thing of "watching" what you eat even at parties etc. People end up watching their diet too much even on big occasions because of that and it spoils their real fun in life.