You Know You Grew Up in India in the 90s When…

ganeshran

Humse+Hai+Muqabla.jpg Remember when this movie came out.....Saw the dubbed from Tamil version in Telugu when I visited Andhra for summer vacations....By the time school started and i came back to Bombay,My classmates were already humming the tunes and suddenly there were 3-4 copies of the song and A.R.Rehman craze had caught on

The first "foreign" movie I saw was "Baby's Day Out" in our school theatre. They showed Jurassic Park to the big boys and girls. My sister used to have titanic cd and she never gives it to me. Then finally in when she moved to college, she gave to me. Finally I figured out :biggrin:

Speaking of Jurassic Park, I guess that movie is the first one to show the photorealistic cgi. The most memorable scene is when they show the brachiosaur for the first time. The build up scene is also aweosme. Sam Neil looks around, suddenly a disbelief in his face. Astonished, he throws off his glasses, stands up then grabs the lady and turns her hear and she gives the same reaction. Man, right there, it's is a completely convincing dinosaur. Mixed with a perfect background score and the dinosaur singing like a whale. Then Hammod says "welcome to Jurrassic Park". We were as astounded as the actors as if we saw a real dinosaur. A scene I could never forget in my life time. Speilberg is a God that time :hail: :hail: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJlmYh27MHg]Jurassic Park (1/10) Movie CLIP - Welcome to Jurassic Park (1993) HD - YouTube[/ame] Another scene is the T Rex's entry. It's roar scared the crap out of audience. The moment when the t rex breaks the car's top, and the children screaming, the entire threatre was scared shitless and started screaming. 90's is the time when the hollywood movies started to blow our minds, and made indian movies as mundane ones. :haha:

The first "foreign" movie I saw was "Baby's Day Out" in our school theatre. They showed Jurassic Park to the big boys and girls. My sister used to have titanic cd and she never gives it to me. Then finally in when she moved to college, she gave to me. Finally I figured out :biggrin:
Lol I remember having Baby's day out. But my first English movie was Dunston Checks in aka EK BANDAR HOTEL KE ANDAR :hysterical:

Lol I remember having Baby's day out. But my first English movie was Dunston Checks in aka EK BANDAR HOTEL KE ANDAR :hysterical:
Yaaaa.. that orangutan movie is also famous. :nice: We used to recreate the gorilla scene from babys day out in PT periods. fav scene for almost everyone. :haha: hay wait!! does those PT periods and those mundane drum drill exercises even exist in today's schools?? I used to be in school band playing trumpet :hehe: then only after 5th, proper sports coachings start. many kids now a days arent even playing on sundays.

Thanks for the link man :icflove: I had been trying hard to remember that Russian children's magazine that I used to read back then. Misha, it is! I still remember the smell of that book. imgp1890.jpg
No probs :two_thumbs_up: He has missed certain things that have been posted here :dance: