Let's talk about the DRS

champ

I doubt that. Anything to back that up?

I feel we see less howlers from umpires these days.

Check the number of howlers vs India in Australia in last tour.And one ODI and another howler.

ECB and CA are hell bent on DRS.Remember its English and Aussie companies which make the stuff used in DRS.There is huge pressure from them on these boards to make ICC fund DRS.BCCI is blocking it.

BCCI's #1 issue with DRS is, as usual, $$$.  India has so many stadiums, it would cost a LOT to get the technology installed at all of them. And on top of that, the DRS system comes with strings attached - it is vendor specific so BCCI doesn't have much leeway in negotiating.  IIRC, in early discussions of DRS, BCCI was pushing for a different implementation, and was not so stridently against it.

Irony is, as it turns out, DRS does have some serious flaws in it, so BCCI's dollar-driven stand actually has some sort of leg to stand on now.  

Then why doesn't BCCI agree to DRS on foreign tours?

Taking out lovely turners from IND to AUS 

Drop in pitch

Give me the power i ll show you how its done

ADI has a really good point there

So other countries are wearing bangles? why would they allow it.If BCCI and its fans think they can win only on spinning pitches, why play these tournaments just keep playing IPL.

Even USA with all their might and clout in basketball relearned to play with Olympic rules to win gold medals.Power is about getting your opinion heard and BCCI has plenty of it,DRS is prime example.

Because they would then have no reason not to use it on home tours.  In any event, the funding question is secondary at this point.  The 'umpire's call' farce needs to be addressed to improve DRS...

This is the lamest excuse ever. DRS can easily adress howlers but lets point to umpires call. So you are ok taking 100% umpire calls (which is match without DRS) but not ok taking 10% of the referred decisions as umpires call

This is the lamest excuse ever. DRS can easily adress howlers but lets point to umpires call. So you are ok taking 100% umpire calls (which is match without DRS) but not ok taking 10% of the referred decisions as umpires call

Calm down, dont get your panties all twisted up.  OK, let me clarify so you understand.  I'm not talking about my personal preference regarding DRS.  I was referring to the BCCI's position on the matter.  Personally, I would want BCCI to accept DRS in its current form, because, flawed as it is, it would help our team's chances of winning.  I would also want BCCI to push for changes on the implementation side.  But as much as you and I can debate what we want, BCCI's official position is pretty much set in stone at the moment, and is not going to shift unless changes in the DRS give it a fig-leaf to re-visit its stance.  

People who complain about umpire call are those who just don't understand DRS.Umpire's call works fine.

Without Umpire's call we will face fiascos like the 08-09 Srl tour .

If BCCI doesn't want Hawkeye prediction there is nothing wrong with that.They could simply implement other features of DRS like Snicko RTS and simple replays to eliminate howlers.

But the morons at BCCI just completely refuse entire DRS becoz they don't understand some aspect of it .

Buch of idiots. The amount of matches it has cost us in last few years is beyond ridiculous.

How many matches overseas we have to be screwed before the idiots at BCCI realize the importance of DRS .

We would have won both the 1st and 3rd ODI if we had DRS.

Even the test series in SA and Australia could have changed completely if we had DRS .

Yet the idiot BCCI president comes up the the same old pathetic excuse DRS is not 100% .

What a surprise when the BCCI president can't even operate computer, he struggles to understand the importance of DRS :facepalm:

Seriously these guys are killing Indian cricket .

And then Dhoni comes up with ridiculous conspiracy theories .Why not accept DRS instead if u feel umpires are against u ? How on earth is having DRS worse that losing every series away from home ?

God know how frustrating this is to be an Indian fan with these idiots in charge