Varun Aaron injured again

Here we are talking about release' date=' not who is who?[/quote'] So that doesnt mean that every bowler who has a release similar to brett lee is gonna generate similar speeds, here we are talking about a bowler who is coming out of an injury and talking about a change in action, which "historically" hasn't augured well for india.
So that doesnt mean that every bowler who has a release similar to brett lee is gonna generate similar speeds' date=' here we are talking about a bowler who is coming out of an injury and talking about a change in action, which "historically" hasn't augured well for india.[/quote'] No. Vinay Kumar wont start bowling 145K. A genuine pacer will always bowl quick. Regarding Aaron, he was hardly dependent on his action and runup to generate pace. It comes natural to him. Brett Lee also had a different action at the age of 21 and he suffered a spine rupture and then he changed his action only after that. He was quick even before his injury and after change in his action too. and this is not the first time he is re-modelling his action. He from side on to changed it front on and still kept his pace intact. It is more mental thing like in case of Munaf.
No. Vinay Kumar wont start bowling 145K. A genuine pacer will always bowl quick. Regarding Aaron, he was hardly dependent on his action and runup to generate pace. It comes natural to him. Brett Lee also had a different action at the age of 21 and he suffered a spine rupture and then he changed his action only after that. He was quick even before his injury and after change in his action too. and this is not the first time he is re-modelling his action. He from side on to changed it front on and still kept his pace intact. It is more mental thing like in case of Munaf.
Well i certainly hope that a change in action doesnt change the reading of speed guns for him.
Aaron trains at MRF Pace Foundation Varun Aaron is back training for a fresh season at the MRF Pace Foundation. The 23-year-old India paceman is attempting to make a comeback from a worrying back injury. Aaron, who was present during the practice session at the Pace Foundation here on Monday, said to The Hindu, “I plan to play active cricket from September. I think I will make a complete recovery from the injury.” The 23-year-old paceman was operated on lumbar vertebrae (L5) in London in February. To reduce the chance of another fitness concern, the Jharkhand fast bowler said, “I want to switch from a front-on action to a semi-open release that will put less strain on my back.” Aaron has played a lone Test and four ODIs for India. He caught the eye for the speed he could generate. Keywords: Varun Aaron, MRF Pace Foundation
Normally a change from open chested to semi open adds more pace to your bowling, lets hope he gets better, faster and especially works on his runup and follow thru, also he needs to build on his core strength.

Back on track, Varun Aaron resumes training

For the past 13 months, Varun Aaron has been unable to do the one thing he loves more than anything else: clutch a ball in his hand, steam in and ping it in at over 140kph. But since Monday, the pacer says that a little bit of cheer has been restored to his life. "Since this week I have started bowling. I hadn't touched a ball for six months and a couple of days ago when I bowled for a little while in the nets, even though off a shortened run-up, it was a very encouraging sign for me personally," he says. Aaron has been sidelined since December 2011 with a stress fracture in his lower back. Consequently, the pacer, who has three wickets from one Test and six wickets from four ODI appearances, missed out on India's tour to Australia. He played eight games for Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2012 but the injury flared up again and since then, he has done little more than go under a surgeon's knife and go through an extensive rehabilitation program. In March, Aaron underwent surgery on the L5 disc in his lower back and was given a six-month recovery window. Before and after the surgery, Aaron says that his extended stint on the sidelines was quite a challenging experience. "Over the past year, there have been periods of frustration. I understand that I had no control over the injury once it happened, but the wait definitely plays on your mind," he says. A fast bowler who can consistently bowl in the 140s is considered something of a premium commodity in Indian cricket, but there are quite a few examples of bowlers who bowled at high pace losing their speed after suffering injuries and enduring lengthy rehab programmes. Aaron says that the idea of him losing a few kph of pace is something he has not even considered. "Right now, my back is in great shape. My body is feeling good and I am absolutely confident that I am going to bowl at high speed. Self belief after this injury is key. I am still confident about doing well at the highest level," he says. A decent showing from the fast men played an important role in India's recent Champions Trophy success. Considering the form of the current crop of India's pacers, isn't it difficult for Aaron to force his way back into the reckoning? "I am really happy that guys like Umesh (Yadav) and Bhuvneshwar (Kumar) are doing well. But if I just think about how well everyone's doing, then I don't think I will be able to play much cricket. I am confident that with a fit body, I can force my way back in," he says.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/back-on-track-varun-aaron-resumes-training/1133780/2