Anti Virat Kohli Club

How sad that I was not on this forum when this thread full of clairvoyance was started. :hatsoff:

To all those geniuses  who could see the future but have not been posting recently, please be assured some of us ICFers have been proudly carrying the legacy forward for the last 2 years.  We promise no let up. The movement will carry on with added fervor

This coming Eng tour will tell us which direction Kohli's career is gonna take.  If he repeats or somewhat does close to what he did in 2018..  Then he'll probably end as a greatest batsman of his era.  Also if he does that India will win the series. 

Otherwise he will limp towards a 2023 WC swansong with awful form. 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This coming Eng tour will tell us which direction Kohli's career is gonna take.  If he repeats or somewhat does close to what he did in 2018..  Then he'll probably end as a greatest batsman of his era.  Also if he does that India will win the series. 

Otherwise he will limp towards a 2023 WC swansong with awful form. 

yep do or die. too bad corona hit india at the worst possible time. india were in peak form vs australia. 

veerat himself played well in adelaide. Somehow team overall underperforms when he is kaptaan though. Cant deny the fact that he used to be a great player ofcourse. 

20 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Also if he does that India will win the series.

Nope, that's mostly if not totally dependent on his captaincy & of course the toss! Tactics+captaincy+luck >>>> anything Brat can pull off his arse, remember even SS in God mode couldn't win the last Ashes himself & he wasn't even the captain - pretty sure Brat can come nowhere close to what SS did in England 2019 :no:

Edited by R!TTER
15 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Nope, that's mostly if not totally dependent on his captaincy & of course the toss! Tactics+captaincy+luck >>>> anything Brat can pull off his arse, remember even SS in God mode couldn't win the last Ashes himself & he wasn't even the captain - pretty sure Brat can come nowhere close to what SS did in England 2019 :no:

Steve Smith didn't win his team the series because others(batsman) failed to step up, that's got nothing to do with captaincy. 

You guys make everything sound complicated, baaki players kuch nahi karenge to kya ghanta jeetoge series. 

Kl Rahul, shikher Dhawan failed, Rahane yet again failed, Pandya ek 50 ke alava batting mai kuch kar nahi paaye, Kohli was literally carrying the team on his shoulders, if you can't appreciate that effort then there's something wrong in the way you watch cricket. 

1 hour ago, R!TTER said:

Well prior to that England tour we witnessed SA tour where every single one of them failed barring Kohli.  Here at least we won a series in Aus without him with several batters stepping up when needed including Pant & vs Eng at home when Pant & Sundar Rohit made bulk of the runs.  So batting is in slight better shape than in 2018 & bowling has more experience.  Jaddu has come along nicely as a batsman which Pandya wasn't & gives us a extra left handed option.  Shardul & Ashwin are handy in lower order. 

If Rohit Gill & Mayank do even slightly better than Vijay Dhawan & Rahul then we can make a difference. 

However England is also stronger than what it was in 2018..  So we need all the luck as well.  If Broad & Anderson both play together then I'd say England should repeat 2018 but I hope they do not.  

17 hours ago, Jay said:

yep do or die. too bad corona hit india at the worst possible time. india were in peak form vs australia. 

veerat himself played well in adelaide. Somehow team overall underperforms when he is kaptaan though. Cant deny the fact that he used to be a great player ofcourse. 

Ipl getting hit due to Corona did helped though And we will arrive earlier for WTC & will be better prepared for England this time.  Now IPl will be right before WT20 which is not ideal as I'd have preferred a T20 series. 

But if we win WTC & Eng tour I won't complain even if we lose T20 World cup.  Series win in England would top everything & a ICC trophy as well in one tour. 

37 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ipl getting hit due to Corona did helped though And we will arrive earlier for WTC & will be better prepared for England this time.  Now IPl will be right before WT20 which is not ideal as I'd have preferred a T20 series. 

But if we win WTC & Eng tour I won't complain even if we lose T20 World cup.  Series win in England would top everything & a ICC trophy as well in one tour. 

Yep. Don't care about T20 WC tbh.if we win then great. If not we'll who cares. Defo need to win WTC though.