West Indies A tour of India, 2013

Chandan

Why do you keep going off topic? Just show me the posts and stop spamming
im the spammer?? :haha: how am i going off-topic? the above posts show that Pujara has scored enough in South Africa, which makes your post saying that he has been found out completely illogical and idiotic, but i dont blame you. this is how all your posts. trying to troll and miserably failing each time. :cantstop:
im the spammer?? :haha: how am i going off-topic? the above posts show that Pujara has scored enough in South Africa, which makes your post saying that he has been found out completely illogical and idiotic, but i dont blame you. this is how all your posts. trying to troll and miserably failing each time. :cantstop:
Nothing has been posted that has shown that Pujara has done well in South Africa. Pujara has failed miserably. Wake up and smell the coffee. :yousuck:
Nothing has been posted that has shown that Pujara has done well in South Africa. Pujara has failed miserably. Wake up and smell the coffee. :yousuck:
Yes it has. For you to not acknowledge it shows your lack of reflex for India's premier test bat. Stick that coffee where the sun don't shine. Maybe it'll give you the kick in the pants you rightly deserve :beee:

Test 2 Day Three http://goo.gl/QnpecP West Indies A edge ahead after day of attrition Wisden India staff | Shimoga | 4 October 2013 000_Del357249-e1354619519531-512x335.jpg Abhishek Nayar attributed his effectiveness to having played different formats coming into this game. © AFP In a game desperately lacking context, the match as a contest virtually ended on the morning of the third day’s play when India A added the 66 runs they needed to their overnight 191 for 3 and avoided the follow-on. From there on, it was a matter of coasting through the overs, as a lifeless pitch ensured that the match would end in a draw barring a major collapse from one of the two teams. For the record, India A reached 359 in their first dig, conceding a lead of 47, and West Indies A motored to 28 for no loss at stumps. If victory was denied to both teams, even personal glory eluded VA Jagadeesh, who looked most compact on the second day, but fell 14 short of a century, bowled by Miguel Cummins. Mohammad Kaif put a price on his wicket, working the singles and twos, but eventually he tried to force the pace and fell, ballooning an attempted pull off the military medium pace of Assad Fudadin. That Kaif, a busy and industrious batsmen, consumed 88 balls to score 26 runs, against an attack that was without Fidel Edwards, who did not pick up the ball after a five-over burst on the second day, told you all you needed to know about the pitch. Abhishek Nayar, who has scores of 102*, 57, 91, 75*, 12 and 89 across formats this season, was the most fluent of the lot, making his runs at better than a run a ball in an innings where no one else in the other top order could notch up a strike-rate of even 45, save Virender Sehwag, who limped along at 53. Nayar, who hit nine fours and two sixes in his knock of 89, attributed his effectiveness to having played different formats coming into this game. “I’ve played a few one-day games before coming here,” he said at the end of the day’s play. “This year I’ve adopted a more aggressive approach compared to last year. I got a lot of runs in the first-class season last year, but this year I wanted to be a bit more positive in my approach and intent. I’ve tried to back my instincts and play my shots, having worked hard on my skills in the lead-up to the season. I am trying to play to a “see the ball, hit the ball” philosophy and I was lucky that I was middling the ball well here. I’ve just gone back to my basic instincts.” Nayar conceded that a pitch with a bit more life in it might be better for the game overall. “It’s a pitch that is difficult to score runs on even though there’s not much happening for the bowlers,” he said. “It’s a slow pitch. Sometimes having more sporting pitches could give results. In four-day games, even in the Ranji Trophy, you don’t always get results. If two teams bat well, it gets difficult to get a result in a four-day game. For that to happen generally, one team bats really badly or one bowls brilliantly. Both teams have batted reasonably so we’re in a situation where we’re looking at a draw. If it had been a five-day game, there would have been a result.” When asked exactly why all types of cricketers – fast bowlers, spinners and batsmen, were blunted by the pitch, Nayar was precise. “It’s a slow pitch,” he said. “The ball gets old pretty fast. You have to really force the ball than time it through the gaps. You can’t expect to just drive a ball and expect it to beat the field, it’s a bit more of a power game. You have to really hit it hard to get the soft or old ball through the infield. It’s difficult for the bowlers to get wickets, but it’s also difficult to score runs, in that you can’t go out all guns blazing and expect to get runs. Sometimes you have to grind it out. It’s hard for the bowler, but it’s not easy for batsmen either, especially if the fields are defensive.” And West Indies certainly set defensive fields, partly because of the absence of Edwards. Fudadin, who had only 20 first-class wickets in his career before this game, bowled as many as 14.1 overs, and was difficult to get away. Uday Kaul was the epitome of patience, taking over from Kaif. He wore the bowlers down, and as wickets fell, shielded the tail, taking the strike and scoring when the rare opportunity presented itself. Kaul made 64 off 172 balls, and was unbeaten as the India A innings ended on 359. All eyes then turned to Zaheer Khan and he delivered a repeat performance of his opening spell in the first innings, racking up figures of 5-2-6-0. The road back to international cricket may be a long one for Zaheer, but, at least, he will have plenty of time to get some overs under the belt on the final day when West Indies A resume on 28 for 0, an overall lead of 75. ---------------------------------------------- Test 2 Day Four http://goo.gl/nyRfkY Match ends in draw after Brathwaite ton Wisden India staff | Shimoga | 5 October 2013 brathwaite-405x270.jpg Kraigg Brathwaite starred for West Indies A in their second innings with an unbeaten 104. © WICB Media In a match that was always set to be about three individuals – Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir – trying to work their way back into the national team, a fourth, Kirk Edwards, celebrated a return to his senior team, despite doing little of note in an affair that ended in a tame draw. On a final day dotted by breaks for rain, West Indies A reached 223 for 3, before India A had to settle for the draw when Cheteshwar Pujara, the India A captain, and Edwards, shook hands to signal the outcome a little before 3.30 pm. On a pitch that had eased out completely, there was no chance of either team forcing the pace on a dull final day. Bhargav Bhatt, who had career-best figures of 7 for 113 in the first innings, added two to his tally and Zaheer once again gave his shoulder a decent workout, peppering the batsmen with short stuff in the course of innings figures that read 13-4-27-1. Zaheer picked up the wicket of Kieran Powell, who was softened up with bouncers of varying heights that struck the batsman on the body before being suckered into playing a half-hearted stroke to the full delivery. For West Indies A, Kraigg Brathwaite – the “special cricketer” who would “go on to play 100 Tests for West Indies”, as described by Edwards – was the star of the second innings. He compiled a patient unbeaten 104 in 12 minutes short of six hours at the crease. When Brathwaite wanted to, he did attack, especially against the left-arm spin of Bhatt, but, for the best part, he was prepared to simply make the most of the match situation and accumulate runs. “I’d have to say that we got something out of the game. Guys being able to get a few scores,” said Edwards soon after play was called off. “Also being able to dismiss India A for the score we did, on a good batting track is a good indication of our team being patient. You don’t always get things easy so it’s a good learning experience.” Edwards refused to criticise the playing surface. “It’s all part of your job. If you play enough games, you will come across tracks like these,” he said. “And then you see tracks like the one we got down in Mysore. It’s all part of the package. As a cricketer you have got to be up for anything any time.” When asked about this match being primarily about the Big Three in the India A team, Edwards could not suppress a smile. “My plan is to put everybody under pressure. Doesn’t matter who the guy is,” he explained. “Sehwag is a special guy, I have played against him in Test matches before, I know what he is capable of, but having said that, when it is a cricket game, it is just bat and ball for me. When he comes out to bat, he has to show me what he is made of, or I eat him.” Edwards, who has been in and out of the West Indian Test team, and last played in May 2012 against England, clearly believes he is hard done by when it comes to getting his due. “This question has been coming up to me for quite a while. It feels good to be back to international cricket, but having said that I am in the squad and not in the eleven,” said Edwards. “I am not guaranteed to play. But it is a step closer to where I want to be so I am grateful.” Edwards realised that making it to the squad was only half the battle won. “I can’t say I was confident of making the team because I have seen worse things happen to me over the last couple of years. I never count my chickens before they are hatched,” he said. “I was frustrated at the beginning (when left out) but you have to face the reality. Instead of thinking about things not happening for you, it is best to think about what is happening for you.” When asked if he felt for some of his teammates who have done well in India but not been picked in the Test side, Edwards’ answer betrayed his bitterness at not being consistently picked in the team. “Sorry, my heart is a bit cold about feeling bad for people because it is just cricket. Sometimes the guys who really don’t have to do much and they get picked. Then there are guys who really have to work hard and get picked. I have observed that over a period of time,” said Edwards. “I have no feelings for people who – I don’t want to say I don’t have feelings for them – but whoever is hard done needs to suck it up and go and work extra hard and get back instead of sitting around and moping about the situation.” When asked pointedly about whether he thought the West Indies selectors had been unfair to him, Edwards said a lot without saying anything. “I reserve my thoughts on that matter,” he said, hardly the happy words of a man who had just been recalled into the mix. The only other question that Edwards did not answer in a forthright manner was pertaining to his namesake, Fidel Edwards, who bowled one five-over spell, including nine no-balls and took no further part in the action. “He was having some problem so I told to myself if I could preserve him and work around the situation …” said Edwards, who would not specify what the problem was. “I’m not in a position to discuss that at the moment. So probably you will hear about it over the next couple of days.”

The pace attack is doing their job pretty nicely. Two for Nayar and one for Pandey, Zaheer and Kulkarni. Zaheer keeping things very tight as usual. This is a promising sign. You cannot keep things too tight if you are not bowling at least quite well. Nayar is certainly someone who will benefit from a season abroad (unsure if this is feasible) because he will get a chance to bowl more outside the subcontinent and it will be tested if he is a bully of the subcontinental batting conditions.