Sachin Tendulkar ,and Professor CNR Rao awarded Bharat Ratna-PMO

once again I ask - how exactly would Congress get any mileage out of this? Everyone agrees that he deserves it and sooner or later he most certainly would have got it so I don't see any scenario in which Cong would gain anything or be able to play politics on this one.
Shuklaji already singing praises of Madamji on how it was her idea to make Sachin an MP, you can see where it will go. Yes, won't gain any mileage as people are totally pissed at Cong party but they'll try their best of credit hogging.
Shuklaji already singing praises of Madamji on how it was her idea to make Sachin an MP' date=' you can see where it will go. Yes, won't gain any mileage as people are totally pissed at Cong party but they'll try their best of credit hogging.[/quote'] They can neither take credit for Sachin getting Bharat Ratna nor for ISRO MARS mission.

Whether it is a political move or leaving aside the debate on if Sachin is the greatest batsman of modern times.....it is very clear to a very critical fan like me that he is the symbol of modern India, has provided entertainment to billions of fans over two decades. I cannot think of another person who is a greater jewel of India than him. So he thoroughly deserves the award. I wished he has retired after the WC on a trie high, but the water is under the bridge and I am glad he has hung up his boots with honor now. Farewell Maestro!!!! Enjoy your life now...

Sachin Tendulkar ,and Professor CNR Rao awarded Bharat Ratna-PMO

The Bharat ratna does not necessarily mean you were the best in your field. It is given to people who has contributed to India and Indian people more. Due to Info age Sachin has reached more houses/families than Dhyanchand. He united Indians who are generally divided based on others factors.Sachin has touched more Indians/motivated more Indians to perform at high levels (including me). Thus Sachin deserves Bharat Ratna more than Dhyan Chand. Clearly his contribution to India is higher than Dhyan Chand. Another example is Pt. Ravi Shankar. He was not the best Sitar player of his time, let alone be the best classical musician of his time. But for Ravi Shankar, Indian classical music would not have reached the west/western audience. Thus he won the Bharat Ratna and Vilayat Khan/ Bade Ghulam Ali did not.
Yes. It is so much apparent and objective that Tendulkar contributors more than Dhyan Chand. Tendulkar thoroughly deserves the ward but so does Dhyan Chand. I'm waiting for the Internet 4.0 hologram generation who will try to prove Rohit > Sachin by IPL records on ICF and then it will be fun to read the "Info Age" argument.
Hana, Yes. It is so much apparent and objective that Tendulkar contributors more than Dhyan Chand. Tendulkar thoroughly deserves the ward but so does Dhyan .Chand. I'm waiting for the Internet 4.0 hologram generation who will try to prove Rohit > Sachin by IPL records on ICF and then it will be fun to read the "Info Age" argument.
Michael Jordan is a bigger sportstar and icon than Michael Phelps. Becham despite winning jack **** at international level might get knighted before some of the famous British olympians. That's the way it works