'Mature' Vijay eager for overseas success

rkt.india

This is such a noob team. Every guy has to fire. Tendulkar and Viru made centuries in 2001 tests yet India went on to lose. This is the problem in SA. In SA compiling gigantic first innings is pretty much impossible for a team like India. So India has to bat second. Even if you do well in the first innings they can always hurt you in the 2nd innings. You cannot outbat (which is our strength) in SA because of this.

This is such a noob team. Every guy has to fire. Tendulkar and Viru made centuries in 2001 tests yet India went on to lose. This is the problem in SA. In SA compiling gigantic first innings is pretty much impossible for a team like India. So India has to bat second. Even if you do well in the first innings they can always hurt you in the 2nd innings. You cannot outbat (which is our strength) in SA because of this.
if we where to win , we need to outbowl them . My worry is if we allow Kallis back in form .

Daymn, so many people just have given up on Vijay. He will be batting under immense pressure. Especially if there is an earlier failure in first innings, his 2nd outing will be a really tough one. I hope he does good and answer all his critics. With whatever little chance he has gotten to serve as Indian opener in the absence of Sehwag/Gambhir, he hasn't that bad to be getting such treatment. He isn't my favorite, but surely deserves better support from Indian fans.

Vijay's aim should be to bat out 60 balls. That is all. Realistically the new ball is the key in SA. It was the same during the A tour India has recently. Wickets fell in clusters around the new ball. So we need fundamentally openers who can dent the new ball for the batsman following to cash in. I think the openers in SA face the toughest job. I think if vijay and dhavan average 40 plus with the bat or maybe even 35 plus over 4 innings its fair to say we have found long term stable openers.

They took out Virendar sehwag by employing a third man straight away and bowled a wide one. He fell for it. Both Vilander and Steyn will be a handful even in slightly helpful conditions. M Vijay can leave 30 balls perfectly and get out in 31st ball. So he has to focus on getting to other end as often as possible.

In SA, key is fast bowling. If we can dismiss them at reasonable totals that is 250-300 then we can compete. IF they score big, we will lose badly. On those pitches, if they score big, its bowling failure and not batting failure if we do not score big.
In SA' date=' key is fast bowling[/color']. If we can dismiss them at reasonable totals that is 250-300 then we can compete. IF they score big, we will lose badly. On those pitches, if they score big, its bowling failure and not batting failure if we do not score big.
oh-really-now.gif

Vijay's strong point is he can leave a lot of balls earlier on in the innings... Now the important thing is if he can survive the opening burst, he will have to ensure that he just doesn't throws it away. He has to convert each time he gets a start. His biggest threat in the tour as will be for the other batters too will be vilander... Steyn will be a threat but he is a known threat for the Indians... Philander on the other hand is someone whom they will play for the first time. As I have said before too, if India play philander well, we will do good as far as batting is concerned.