BCCI to review away performances | Can Duncan Fletcher be sacked?

Dennis Lillie trained Johnson I think
my bad, yes. Lillee trained him initially but he left MRF in 2012 , I thought mcgrath trained him before comeback. lillee is still coming here as an advisor, not as a coach. “It’s simple. It’s all due to Dennis Lillee,” said TA Sekar, former India pacer who has worked with Lillee at the MRF Pace Foundation. “Johnson worked with Lillee in the last six months after his surgery, right from his action to everything else. Unlike many other coaches, Lillee can not only identify problems, but also find solutions to them and fine-tune bowlers. And the results are for all to see.” http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-after-a-period-of-dry-spell-resurgent-mitchell-johnson-set-pace-for-aussie-whitewash-single-handedly-1946510 We have hell of options right here in india, but all we r getting is trundlers.
Don't think anyone hates him for changes he wanted to bring about in Indian cricket He could've handled the Ganguly matter professionally but he got personal.
it is players I am taking about like Bhajji and Sehwag who spewed venom against him later. Email which he sent was supposed to be for BCCI people if some one leaked it how is it his fault. He was the first coach to go with five batsmen and five bowlers knowing fully well how weak Indian bowling was, but batting superstars let him down spectacularly and Dhobi as usual let him down. He cared about team first and he was not going to be anybody's yes man.May be he could have been more diplomatic but he was doing what he thought was right for the team and to most part he was right.
it is players I am taking about like Bhajji and Sehwag who spewed venom against him later. Email which he sent was supposed to be for BCCI people if some one leaked it how is it his fault. He was the first coach to go with five batsmen and five bowlers knowing fully well how weak Indian bowling was, but batting superstars let him down spectacularly and Dhobi as usual let him down. He cared about team first and he was not going to be anybody's yes man.May be he could have been more diplomatic but he was doing what he thought was right for the team and to most part he was right.
The way he executed his plans that's where he got in trouble his ideas were fine he wanted youngsters in the squad.
The way he executed his plans that's where he got in trouble his ideas were fine he wanted youngsters in the squad.
He got into trouble for only one reason , players were lazy asses with big egos who were happy even when they were stinking up matches against harder teams but taking kudos for beating useless teams like Zim and acted high and mighty. mob mentality of Indian public who never think about team but care more about their heroes made it a huge deal and it became public relations nightmare which he never was winning it. This is the same guy who asked his brother to bowl underarm to win an odi match, all he ever cared was winning if he had captain who also had fire to win every match he would have done wonders.

whats with india and England's hand me downs? Andy Flower is not going to fit in. Thats not to say that Flower is a bad coach. He has won away series in India and Australia. Flower is pedantic down to the last dossier. It wont be a repeat of Chappell as Flower hates the media.He will keep things private for the duration of his coaching sting with india.

Our team can not work with coaches who ask them to work harde. There is no way in hell that any decent coach would tolerate what I Sharma and some other players have done in the last few years. Its 100% clear that they dont work hard enough nor do they train enough or try new things. Its the same story with half of the team.

He got into trouble for only one reason , players were lazy asses with big egos who were happy even when they were stinking up matches against harder teams but taking kudos for beating useless teams like Zim and acted high and mighty. .
No, he got into trouble for leaking confidential information to the public, driving wedges between team members, etc. You claim he only had winning as the ultimate goal, but in the end he did not achieve that with any team There is a reason he even had problems with the Australian set up, without doubt the most professional among all cricket set ups. All your assertions of him only failing because of Indian mentality falls flat in the face of him failing in each and every assignment including failing big time in the uber-professional Australian set up

Scapegoat You guys are fools if think fletcher has any influence. Nothing will change if he goes Dhoni totally runs the show. Has absoolute power cos of srini. Fletcher just puts cones out. If tries to give opinion or direct dhoni, will be sacked in 5 mins! Fletcher well know for obsession with fast bowlers and hate for trundlers. yet under his tenure trundlers galore picked. Sums up how he has no say at all!

No, he got into trouble for leaking confidential information to the public, driving wedges between team members, etc. You claim he only had winning as the ultimate goal, but in the end he did not achieve that with any team There is a reason he even had problems with the Australian set up, without doubt the most professional among all cricket set ups. All your assertions of him only failing because of Indian mentality falls flat in the face of him failing in each and every assignment including failing big time in the uber-professional Australian set up
Name one indian coach who did bold things , he did and he lost but he tried. Sometimes to win you need to risk a loss. To me who leaked what is not important, he put players under notice for not performing, players when they stink they have problems with these kind of coaches.
Name one indian coach who did bold things , he did and he lost but he tried. Sometimes to win you need to risk a loss. To me who leaked what is not important, he put players under notice for not performing, players when they stink they have problems with these kind of coaches.
Except none of his bold things have ever worked. Not here, not in Australia.