Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

18 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Maybe you should ask why the problem came to exist in the first place and what the government is going to do rather harassing me not to post.

I'll do what I think is correct.

You can post at will. I'm sure mods have allowed it but removed Hindi as a national language thread. I dont know why :dontknow: I'll ask a counter question whether this problem wasn't there during previous regimes by congress. If you think this is harassment, please feel free to report it to mods.

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You can post at will. I'm sure mods have allowed it but removed Hindi as a national language thread. I dont know why :dontknow: I'll ask a counter question whether this problem wasn't there during previous regimes by congress. If you think this is harassment, please feel free to report it to mods.

Whoa!!  Jesus, take it easy dude. I'm not going to report anyone. Jeez. I was just spit balling. Frankly after WC i got bored and posting mostly only on this thread. In fact it was @velu who tagged me here in this thread first and it started rolling from there.

Edited by Stan AF

On 8/30/2019 at 10:37 AM, Stan AF said:
Gold crosses record ₹40,000-mark as recession fears seep in
New Delhi, August 29, 2019 16:40 IST
Updated: August 29, 2019 16:40 IST

http://www.welcomenri.com/gold/gold50years-history.aspx

Year    Rate(In INR)
2000    Rs.4400
2001    Rs.4300
2002    Rs.5000
2003    Rs.5700
2004    Rs.5800
2005    Rs.7000
2006    Rs.9000
2007    Rs.10800
2008    Rs.12500
2009    Rs.14500
2010    Rs.18000
2011    Rs.25000
2012    Rs.32000
2013    Rs.33000
2014    Rs.30000

2000 to 2014 Gold Price Chart in India

chart1(6).png

This is the full story. You didn't tell lies. You just didn't post the full truth. Did you post the same news and asked the same questions to the previous governments :winky:

Edited by Real McCoy

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Just for the record, I don't believe this government has it to course correct economically. But to post doom and gloom everywhere without offering any solutions for the past however months is :facepalm:

Actually the government shot itself on its own foot by demo and a rushed up GST. They have only themselves to blame. I've actually said in an other thread about how US did Quantitative easing to come out of 2008 recession but those are literally outside our scope and powers. EA also said there is no chance of stimulus. Honestly no idea on what they're going to do.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:44 PM, Stan AF said:

Actually the government shot itself on its own foot by demo and a rushed up GST. They have only themselves to blame. I've actually said in an other thread about how US did Quantitative easing to come out of 2008 recession but those are literally outside our scope and powers. EA also said there is no chance of stimulus. Honestly no idea on what they're going to do.

In 2013, Raghuram Rajan came and market bounced immediately....

Has anyone watched Nirmala sitharaman press interactions? She is an angry mad lady. @velu why she looks n sounds so angry? 

Investors lose Rs 2.6 lakh cr; Sensex posts worst percentage fall of 2019

Indian market were pulled down by weak global and domestic cues, as bears took control of D-Street after an extended weekend.

The Sensex tanked 769 points, or 2.06 percent, its biggest fall since October 2018, wiping out Rs 2.6 lakh crore of investors’ wealth. It was also the worst fall of 2019 for the index in percentage terms.

The Sensex closed at 36,562.91, registering its worst drop in terms of points for the first time since July 8, 2019 when it had slipped 792 points to close at 38,720.

At the close of the trade, the market capitalisation of BSE-listed companies tumbled from Rs 140.98 lakh crore recorded on August 30 to Rs 138.37 lakh crore.

The markets started the week on a negative note led by muted Q1GDP numbers and weak auto sales. The BSE Midcap and Smallcap also closed with losses of 1.7 percent and 1.3 percent, respectively.

All the sectoral indices witnessed heavy selling pressure, with consumer durables, metals and banks registering a fall of 2-3 percent.

The rupee, too, was hit and slid past Rs 72-a-dollar mark again.

“In the near term, weak domestic sentiments and uncertain global cues may continue to have a negative impact on the Indian markets. Hence, we continue to remain cautious until there are meaningful signs of revival in the economy,” Ajit Mishra, Vice President, Research, Religare Broking Ltd, told Moneycontrol.

“Further, falling rupee (vs the US dollar) is a key concern which could negatively impact the sentiments. On the global front, trade tension between the US and China is likely to induce volatility across markets.”

The final tally: the Sensex down 769 points at 36,562 and the Nifty down 225 points at 10,797.

More than 250 stocks hit a fresh 52-week low on the BSE. Godrej Industries, Wockhardt, Canara Bank, KSB Pumps, Omaxe, Jyothy Labs, etc. were among the stocks that were hit.

The Nifty PSU Bank saw biggest one-day fall in seven sessions, while the Nifty Bank plunged 603 points to close at 26,824. The fall was led by losses in PNB, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, RBL Bank, Axis Bank, and SBI.

The Bank Nifty continued its formation of lower highs - lower lows from past four trading sessions and corrected nearly 600 points to close below 27,000 zones.

“Nifty Bank formed a bearish candle on the daily scale as sustained selling pressure is seen throughout the session,” Chandan Taparia, Associate Vice President, Analyst-Derivatives, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, said.

“Now, till it holds below 27,250 zones, weakness could be seen towards recent swing low of 26,550 then 26,250 zones while on the upside hurdle is seen at 27,500 levels,” he said. 

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/markets/investors-lose-rs-2-6-lakh-cr-sensex-posts-worst-percentage-fall-of-2019-4399051.html

41 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

In 2013, Raghuram Rajan came and market bounced immediately....

Has anyone watched Nirmala sitharaman press interactions? She is an angry mad lady. @velu why she looks n sounds so angry? 

Nope ... When compared to other FMs she regularly interacts with the media ..

Everyone in the finance wants government to spend money , but overall current government is bothered abt NPAs than mad lending

43 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Investors lose Rs 2.6 lakh cr; Sensex posts worst percentage fall of 2019

Indian market were pulled down by weak global and domestic cues, as bears took control of D-Street after an extended weekend.

The Sensex tanked 769 points, or 2.06 percent, its biggest fall since October 2018, wiping out Rs 2.6 lakh crore of investors’ wealth. It was also the worst fall of 2019 for the index in percentage terms.

The Sensex closed at 36,562.91, registering its worst drop in terms of points for the first time since July 8, 2019 when it had slipped 792 points to close at 38,720.

At the close of the trade, the market capitalisation of BSE-listed companies tumbled from Rs 140.98 lakh crore recorded on August 30 to Rs 138.37 lakh crore.

The markets started the week on a negative note led by muted Q1GDP numbers and weak auto sales. The BSE Midcap and Smallcap also closed with losses of 1.7 percent and 1.3 percent, respectively.

All the sectoral indices witnessed heavy selling pressure, with consumer durables, metals and banks registering a fall of 2-3 percent.

The rupee, too, was hit and slid past Rs 72-a-dollar mark again.

“In the near term, weak domestic sentiments and uncertain global cues may continue to have a negative impact on the Indian markets. Hence, we continue to remain cautious until there are meaningful signs of revival in the economy,” Ajit Mishra, Vice President, Research, Religare Broking Ltd, told Moneycontrol.

“Further, falling rupee (vs the US dollar) is a key concern which could negatively impact the sentiments. On the global front, trade tension between the US and China is likely to induce volatility across markets.”

The final tally: the Sensex down 769 points at 36,562 and the Nifty down 225 points at 10,797.

More than 250 stocks hit a fresh 52-week low on the BSE. Godrej Industries, Wockhardt, Canara Bank, KSB Pumps, Omaxe, Jyothy Labs, etc. were among the stocks that were hit.

The Nifty PSU Bank saw biggest one-day fall in seven sessions, while the Nifty Bank plunged 603 points to close at 26,824. The fall was led by losses in PNB, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, RBL Bank, Axis Bank, and SBI.

The Bank Nifty continued its formation of lower highs - lower lows from past four trading sessions and corrected nearly 600 points to close below 27,000 zones.

“Nifty Bank formed a bearish candle on the daily scale as sustained selling pressure is seen throughout the session,” Chandan Taparia, Associate Vice President, Analyst-Derivatives, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, said.

“Now, till it holds below 27,250 zones, weakness could be seen towards recent swing low of 26,550 then 26,250 zones while on the upside hurdle is seen at 27,500 levels,” he said. 

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/markets/investors-lose-rs-2-6-lakh-cr-sensex-posts-worst-percentage-fall-of-2019-4399051.html

Friday mkt went up and people made 2.3L crores :lol:

https://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/manufacturers-want-to-quit-china-but-neither-vietnam-nor-india-match-up-119082300167_1.html

Manufacturers want to quit China, but neither Vietnam nor India match up

As a result, a new global manufacturing landscape is starting to take shape, executives say. Production leaving China is getting divvied up among developing countries, with a small portion going to the US on the back of automation. The reordering of supply chains is likely to leave China with a diminished but still significant share of the pie.

The creation of new industrial clusters won’t happen overnight. Vietnam offers cheap labor, but its 100-million population is small compared with China’s 1.3 billion, and its roads and ports are already clogged. India has the manpower, but skill levels fall short and government rules are relatively restrictive.

“The question everyone is asking is: ‘Where should we go?’ ” said Giang Le, a Singapore-based analyst for strategic consulting firm Control Risks. “The answer is not obvious.”

Once in a lifetime opportunity, with Trump's trade war, will be wasted if Modi doesn't take action soon. 

Read the article for some of the issues that Vietnam has as of now.