'Holding role is not my strength' - Ashwin

He is oversmart for his own good. He does not develop his core skills. He is losing his identify as an offie. Okay Having carrom ball as a variation is fine. Against Maxwell he actually bowled leg spin. He has been good in Tests atleast in India. He is slowly turning into Sachin Tendulkar with ball "I know everything but not good at anything" type of bowler.

He is oversmart for his own good. He does not develop his core skills. He is losing his identify as an offie. Okay Having carrom ball as a variation is fine. Against Maxwell he actually bowled leg spin. He has been good in Tests atleast in India. He is slowly turning into Sachin Tendulkar with ball "I know everything but not good at anything" type of bowler.
yeah, agree with this. One good thing about Harbhajan is one of his quotes where he said "the hardest thing to do is consistently bowl an off spin delivery that lands perfectly on the seam". The advantage of doing that is that the ball will turn in any conditions, you will get drift, and there will be some variable bounce. It's simple, but it's quite difficult to do.

well the last holding spinner was Paul Harris (?) the South African. you cant really be considered a great bowler come end of your career by being in the holding role. Only less skilled, limited talent guys go for the holding role eg, Harris, Giles, Hogg. Ashwn is too talented to be wasted in such a role

well the last holding spinner was Paul Harris (?) the South African. you cant really be considered a great bowler come end of your career by being in the holding role. Only less skilled, limited talent guys go for the holding role eg, Harris, Giles, Hogg. Ashwn is too talented to be wasted in such a role
Hogg was used in attackingly by the Australians. Hauritz was a lot more defensive.
this