I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

^also to add lol at the guy saying everyone knows who arod is :hysterical: I will bet right now a lot of desis living in u.s.have no clue who he is.....LeBron may be.
I know that guy because he dated some A list celebrities. Otherwise don't know jack about that guy as i don't follow baseball.

i think steffi graff is the real deal.... sexy and ****ing good at tennis... imma fan steffi graff martina n seles serena ---
Vvs, velu and yodaesque will disagree. ....this statement by sharapova has already shot her past graf and Navratilova in their mind.

Vvs' date=' velu and yodaesque will disagree. ....this statement by sharapova has already shot her past graf and Navratilova in their mind.[/quote'] In terms of looks Sharapova is only slightly below sabatini. But Sharapova is way hotter. Serena :wall:

Steffi i like her cool and dominating game.. though i hated at the time when she ruled. Now you look back she was a natural. No grunting, no ugly double fisted backhand. In terms of look .. she was not bad.. she was not stand out either. Russians generally look better.

Navratilova knows Sachin- I once read an article where she said that she was inspired by watching Sachin bat for hours and hours without any break in concentration(His 241* in Sydney). This Dumbapova is being plain arrogant. Surely she must have heard his name being mentioned in some channel/TV after all she does play 2 majors in Aus/England.

How many people watch Golf in India ? But a lot of us are already aware of Tiger Woods for some time now. This statement by Maria only shows her ignorance and takes nothing away from the Sachins' status.
Golf is a more famous sport around the world than Cricket despite the massive fan following, viz is prominently from the SC. May be she was being arrogant, but odds are she may not/doesn't follow this game at all.

Vvs' date=' velu and yodaesque will disagree. ....this statement by sharapova has already shot her past graf and Navratilova in their mind.[/quote'] now some sachinstas would pick rakhi sawanth / bobby darling over maria :giggle:

^ To be fair, I was shocked one of my British friends at college doesnt know Sachin either. He also thought Wasim Akram was a spinner :facepalm: He knew abt Imran Khan which is why I said he is more famous but not due to cricket. He doesnt know much more than English and Aussie cricketers. . Cricketers just arent meant for mass appeal. And esp someone like Sachin who was never a celebrity in the sense of Flintoff or Ronaldo etc where the media just follows him around, or writes stories about his hot, model wife etc means that the average jo who is not a fan of cricket will not know him. Sachins hype machine outside india is non existent. Honestly speaking I dont remember the last time sachin was in the news outside of cricket achievements/failures. He is shy of the limelight, doesnt do a lot of commercials outside india, and doesnt give too many interviews. So makes sense