Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

15 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Prasidh, Siraj and Bumrah. All three of them can be consistent wicket taking threat. No easy bowler batsmen can target without risking their wicket.. Add Axar and Sundar and suddenly India have an attack that is varied enough to succeed in all conditions.

No 6th bowler nonsense and the safety of imaginary cushion needed.

Prasidh is a genuine wicket taking option in the middle overs but the 2 issues we still need to sort out are 

1) Lack of wickets in the pp, stats say we are worst at this by some distance since the 2019 wc. This also impacts the second issue we have which is

2) lack of a good wrist spinner which the line up you posted also doesn't have. 2 new balls and fielding restrictions has made it hard for classical finger spinners to have much of an impact and in our case the worst thing to happen for us was the end of Kulcha which was important for the template of cricket we were playing at the time in not having buts and pieces players/ allrounders. I find it unacceptable for a team such as ours to not have at least 1 gun leg spinner where every other team has one. Having to bowl to batsmen who are well set and when the score reads something like 80/1 in 12 overs isn't helpful to spinners coming in to the attack. 

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I have forgotten my physics here, but if I recall this is the fastest the ball is traveling?

So I presume then by the time the ball reaches the batsmen it would have slowed down, albeit partially?

It then begs the more serious question, if Boobi is bowling under 130kmhr, by the time it reaches the batsmen its probably around low 120s??? ie. these trundlers are bowling even slower than what we thought?

Roughly speaking, a ball released at 140 kph reaches the batsman at 110 kph on an average. Of course, there will be variations based on pitch type and the type of bowler like skiddy or bouncy and the seam presentation of the pacer etc.

Just giving a rough idea.

1 hour ago, tweaker said:

It is sad that Bhubaneshwar Kumar was preferred over him.

Very sad.

The team management should seriously consider Avesh Khan for the 3rd odi as he may not get another opportunity  when Bumrah,Shami comes back in the squad

Absolutely !

Replace Shardul with Avesh and Chahal with Bishnoi.

Bishnoi will provide batting at 8.

It's important that Prasidh and Siraj, as ODI newbies, get all 3 games.

Prasidh

Siraj

Avesh

Bishnoi

Washington

Hooda

Will be a nice bowling attack.

Edited by express bowling
14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very sad.

Absolutely !

Replace Shardul with Avesh and Chahal with Bishnoi.

Bishnoi will provide batting at 8.

It's important that Prasidh and Siraj, as ODI newbies, get all 3 games.

Prasidh

Siraj

Avesh

Bishnoi

Washington

Hooda

Will be a nice bowling attack.

Hooda apparently chucks?

10 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Aside from Bumrah and Shami, the Indian attack has been plagued with Boobie, Shardul, Hardik, Vijay Shankar, and Chahar as front line quicks. A bowling attack of Bumrah, Shardul, Boobie, Chahar is not the same as Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Shami.

Bumrah has struggled as a wicket taking threat since 2019 and yet his economy is under 5. How come? Because opposition teams know they can afford to see him out and target the dobbers. Would they have the same luxury when there's Prasidh and Siraj instead of Shardul, Hardik, Boobie, V Shankar, and Chahar?

This has been the biggest issue with Indian Pace bowling in white ball cricket in the last 4 or 5 years. 

We have filled our LOI teams with dibbly-dobbly seamers or part time pacers and usually played just 1 front-line quick, thereby rendering him less effective too.

16 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Lack of wickets in PP, you say?

Blindly highlighting the lack of wickets in PP without bothering to look at the whole bowling composition during that period means that you are not going to get the right answers.

Aside from Bumrah and Shami, the Indian attack has been plagued with Boobie, Shardul, Hardik, Vijay Shankar, and Chahar as front line quicks. A bowling attack of Bumrah, Shardul, Boobie, Chahar is not the same as Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Shami.

Bumrah has struggled as a wicket taking threat since 2019 and yet his economy is under 5. How come? Because opposition teams know they can afford to see him out and target the dobbers. Would they have the same luxury when there's Prasidh and Siraj instead of Shardul, Hardik, Boobie, V Shankar, and Chahar?

Wo sab to thik hai but pp bowling is not that dissimilar to test match bowling ie quite often the wickets you take will not be because the batsman is trying to go after you. Prasidh and Siraj in white ball matches is a relatively recent story even by this timelines standards, the others don't take the new ball or bowl in the first 10 overs generally except for Bhuvi who TM decided randomly is going to be one of 2 bowling locks in the team sheet. 

I don't disagree on selection issues or that we could have made better choices in some instances  but it is what it is. 

56 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Roughly speaking, a ball released at 140 kph reaches the batsman at 110 kph on an average. Of course, there will be variations based on pitch type and the type of bowler like skiddy or bouncy and the seam presentation of the pacer etc.

Just giving a rough idea.

Thanks. Its what I thought I remembered, but wasnt 100% sure.

I guess the point Im making is just how easy our trundlers must be then for world class batsmen facing them.

3 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

I like the intelligence of the Indian bowlers. They know their games very well. Someone like Chahar is a good example of that. Not a lot of fast twitch fibre or natural armspeed but has maximised his attributes with a great wrist and technical action. 

This intelligence was absent since 2019, recent t20 WC squad had a laughable bowling attack barring Bumrah,Shami(just ok in t20)

Indian LoI attack was plain,still there was no effort made to make it offensive

Edited by Suhaan
15 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

This intelligence was absent since 2019, recent t20 WC squad had a laughable bowling attack barring Bumrah,Shami(just ok in t20)

Indian LoI attack was plain,still there was no effort made to make it offensive

The bowlers are intelligent, rather it is the strategy to employ them and the choice of selection which were to blame for those failures. 

An inform attacking bowler like Siraj was rested for an over the hill Bhuv kumar. That alone explains it.

1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

I like the intelligence of the Indian bowlers. They know their games very well. Someone like Chahar is a good example of that. Not a lot of fast twitch fibre or natural armspeed but has maximised his attributes with a great wrist and technical action. 

i love the intelligence of the pakistani board. selecting players who are clearly age fudgers to market them as a young stars. This allows them to hit their peak sooner which would deceive their fans into thinking they are prodigies. I also like the intelligence of bowlers like rauf and dahani. They dont possess the strength or endurance to last long in tests without breaking down, but they have maximised their ability to be moderately explosive via some dubious actions in shorter formats. very intelligent. almost like a computer. 

Edited by Jay

So Pakistan have picked Haris Rauf for the test series against Australia. 

Him being the fastest bowler in the world currently with Wood and Nortje and the ability to reverse might have played a part. 

Having shown the ability to bowl upto 154 kph, it will be interesting to see how he goes in test cricket. 

19 minutes ago, the don said:

So Pakistan have picked Haris Rauf for the test series against Australia. 

Him being the fastest bowler in the world currently with Wood and Nortje and the ability to reverse might have played a part. 

Having shown the ability to bowl upto 154 kph, it will be interesting to see how he goes in test cricket. 

tests? dint he struggle in quetta? does he have the cardio to survive tests? that too in those treacherous conditions.