Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Saini is probably weak 6'1" like Sangwan who too is over 6 feet but only half an inch over 6. Khejroliya is weak 6'2". he is taller than both Sangwan and Saini.

anecdotal but i see thats optimum for fast bowlers, somehow the uber quicks who retain their speeds are always around 6-6'1. Starc is an exception.

12 hours ago, MCcricket said:

This guy has super quick arm , he should be playing for India like yesterday, i would pick him over Ishant, Bhuvi, N even Shami with his current fitness

That delivery reminds me of of the ball bowled by Mohd Amir (pre-ban) in England in 2010 against Aus to Mitchell Johnson. Angled in with pace and straightened out. completely squared him up.

Man, I don't know why he is not playing already. He is already 25, has pace and movement. Should be on the plane to England, but with BCCI, who knows!

Edited by dandaroy
7 hours ago, dandaroy said:

That delivery reminds me of of the ball bowled by Mohd Amir (pre-ban) in England in 2010 against Aus to Mitchell Johnson. Angled in with pace and straightened out. completely squared him up.

Man, I don't know why he is not playing already. He is already 25, has pace and movement. Should be on the plane to England, but with BCCI, who knows!

It's selectors fault to not pick. Management's call to call him for nets and then send back. He is one bowler who currently has everything going for him. He is tall enough, he can bowl 140+, he bowls well with new ball, he bowls reverse swing well and he is accurate. No other Indian Pacer offers all three dimensions currently. He made Shami look like club bowler in the Ranji trophy game they played together.

A rare video of 3 greats, Waqar Younis, Dravid and Azharuddin! 

We often curse our bowlers bowling the wrong lines. Notice Waqar spraying leg side a bit. All bowlers make such mistakes. But what stroke play by the great Dravid and Azhar on such a difficult pitch as this one in Canada!

The posters who started watching post 2000 will never understand the kind of excitement these matches used to generate. We used to get up early mornings to watch these away matches, most of the time ending up being disappointed at India losing key moments due to lack of fast bowlers. The only real fast bowler we had was Srinath, who was heavily overloaded with work. To give an example, one can just imagine a Md Shami or Umesh Yadav bowling alone with a partner like Vinay Kumar from the other end! 

To say that even a great like Waqar or Wasim in such a position as Srinath would have struggled, wouldnt be out of place.

15 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

He is always quite quick, I'm not sure in terms of exact speeds.

But he is always on the money. Even more than B. Kumar. Bumrah is definition of on the money bowling. 

1 minute ago, Mosher said:

Bumrah bowled 140-145. Has bowled well so far. Got Markram with a fuller length delivery which jagged back in at 145k.

Thanks  bro  !       : )

Edited by express bowling