Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, Insidious said:

our Problem was  our two mainstream fast bowlers who were instrumental to our rise to No.1 Test ranking, suddenly lost their rhythm and form. Umesh, who was totally world-class against Australia,  lost his pace (at least 5 ks) and rhythm against srilanka. Shami, after being recovered from his injury, is not the same force, he used to be. It is very difficult to recover as a team, when two of your best fast bowlers, suddenly became so  in-effective,  before the start of a big series. We are lucky that we had Bumrah , otherwise it would have been shambolic.

Edited by Insidious
6 hours ago, Vilander said:

I did not see the game but read he got reverse swing. India did not play in durban but yeah did any of our bowlers get it to reverse. Starc is doing something well. But indian loss was down to poor batting mostly.

3 of Starc's wickets were caught. How many catches were caught of INdian bowlers? I think most people here did not watch the match in entirety. I watched it. Starc looked toothless in the first half. He did get reverse swing later but theres a little more to all this than just saying Indian bowlers didnt do it. Australia had already put up a score of close to 350 by then. 

I say we already have a bowling attack pretty similar to such attacks. They just need to acclimatize better and need backing from the team. 

27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Looking at Khaleel Ahmed bowl today ...  he has a lot of impressive qualities

• Good aggressive  run-up
  • Strong action 
  • Good pace
  • Good height and gets bounce.
  • Left-armer
  • Can move the ball both ways
  • Good bouncer
  • Decent yorker and slower ball

Agreed to all points. But I see him not being CONSISTENT..a bit like UMESH was.

I think he needs 3 to 6 months more to play for INDIA..i dont want him to wait more also bcos at this time he is Super fast and he should be played at his peak.

28 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Agreed to all points. But I see him not being CONSISTENT..a bit like UMESH was.

I think he needs 3 to 6 months more to play for INDIA..i dont want him to wait more also bcos at this time he is Super fast and he should be played at his peak.

Khaleel might take more than a year to be ready to play for India in the 2 longer formats.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Looking at Khaleel Ahmed bowl today ...  he has a lot of impressive qualities

• Good aggressive  run-up
  • Strong action 
  • Good pace
  • Good height and gets bounce.
  • Left-armer
  • Can move the ball both ways
  • Good bouncer
  • Decent yorker and slower ball

What was his top speed?

2 hours ago, Vilander said:

Wow what happened to thse guys may be conserving taking it easy.

Agree with RKT was extremely cold n snowing in the back ground, speed guns were usually off by 4 to 5 ks as usual as im told in Domestics the lowest reading is taken, also was not a very important game and low scores made it tougher on bowlers, Khalil looked quick and Umesh seemed to be in better rhythm, Shami needs to bowl more n work on his runup n knees, haventbseen Thampi bowl, Kaul is a waste of space. A serious trundle wouldve preferred someone else , how was Saini?

1 minute ago, cric_fan said:

Off topic: Mohammed Sami still able to crank it up to 148kph at age of 36. If only he used he’s brain more.

Its too late some bowlers like him n Ishant dont learn or find what works for them, atleast Ishant doesnt give too many runs in tests, Shami used to give a lot of runs away, he wouldve done well to copy Waqar as he was on shorter side n had simikar characteristics but kept bowling too short or full or down leg.

12 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Off topic: Mohammed Sami still able to crank it up to 148kph at age of 36. If only he used he’s brain more.

Had the same discussion in the other thread. Saw him clocking 146.7! What a player! Got to give it to him. Saw him first I think around 2000ish. And he was always fascinating. Wonder why nobody took care of him.

26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Starc's front leg is not braced, still generates pace.

starc.jpg

Seen taller bowlers not do it mostly, but as long as its a stable locked position then he can generate pace but looses a bit of bounce  as bowls fuller n not a shorter length.

Had the same discussion in the other thread. Saw him clocking 146.7! What a player! Got to give it to him. Saw him first I think around 2000ish. And he was always fascinating. Wonder why nobody took care of him.

Saw him clock 97mph vs Eng mid 2000’s. I was at the ground. With proper guidance & coaching, he could have been something else.
15 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Saw him clock 97mph vs Eng mid 2000’s. I was at the ground. With proper guidance & coaching, he could have been something else.

Why was he not taken care of? Internal politics? Did the senior bowlers didnt want him to flourish? I say, he is still better than your regular bowlers, way better than Amir.

45 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Stanlake is pretty braced.

images.jpg

20180222135142_GettyImages-897007630.jpg

Agree but have seen most tallr bowlers having this problem also guys like Harmison n then they end up loosing rhythm n pace easily same with Steve Finn, think 6' 2"" is perfect height for a tall bowler where u get the best of both athleticism, cordination, strength n effectiveness in longer run.