Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

On 7/25/2020 at 9:34 PM, Clarke said:

Said this two weeks back in this thread, somehow Anderson & Broad are still running through the WI batting, 34-4 between them. Swing & seam skill is paramount in Eng. They should get to a combined 1100 test wickets this summer, a mind boggling number. 

They are playing at home, arent they? Lets see how they perform outside.

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pathan didn't have the pace of Akram.

How quick was Akram?just asking

Pathan for a brief period bowled 135-140 k in 2004

Maybe its just me i have never seen Akram cross 140 ,but yes he bowled in 135-137 k bracket even in his twilight

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

How quick was Akram?just asking

Pathan for a brief period bowled 135-140 k in 2004

Maybe its just me i have never seen Akram cross 140 ,but yes he bowled in 135-137 k bracket even in his twilight

He was 122-132 bowler even in 2004 with faster ones reaching high 130s.

Akram was more like Steyn, not as fast as Steyn, but in similar mould.

Steyn bowled slower (130-135) on helpful tracks and would bowler faster (90 mph) when there isn't much help.

Akram used to crank it up when needed.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

He was 122-132 bowler even in 2004 with faster ones reaching high 130s.

Akram was more like Steyn, not as fast as Steyn, but in similar mould.

Steyn bowled slower (130-135) on helpful tracks and would bowler faster (90 mph) when there isn't much help.

Akram used to crank it up when needed.

No offence but I have seen Pathan bowling at 145-146 around 2004ish. Agreed he was 130ish bowler, but at one point he did bowl some sharp deliveries. 

I have personally never seen Akram touch those speeds but its a fact that a few seasons or maybe a couple years he did crank it up around 90mph.

6 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

No offence but I have seen Pathan bowling at 145-146 around 2004ish. Agreed he was 130ish bowler, but at one point he did bowl some sharp deliveries. 

I have personally never seen Akram touch those speeds but its a fact that a few seasons or maybe a couple years he did crank it up around 90mph.

Fastest I have seen, Pathan hitting 141-142.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

He never touched 145.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i remember him touching 140ish in that ind-aus 2004 home series after which he got injured

When was 145-146 ?? CB series ?

Even in vb 2004 he bowled at lively pace for his age then ,he bowled quite a few deliveries in 135-138 ks

In 2008 he was medium fast operating in 125-130 ks

In 2004 he bowled with pace and swing,but just for a brief period like Munaf(2006)

19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i remember him touching 140ish in that ind-aus 2004 home series after which he got injured

When was 145-146 ?? CB series ?

It could be the same series. I dont recall exactly when. The point is, I have seen him touch 146, or I wont claim here. Just the way I have seen RP Singh bowl at around 148-149, and Sreeshanth around 148ish, 149ish. 

16 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I remember Pathan bowl an over in Pak in 2004 ,iirc 2nd odi wherePak were chasing 240+ where he opened the bowling and bowled quite sharp where he hit 144k that was his fastest delivery ever which i remember,i have never seen him reach beyond 130s since 2005

Yes. Then too. As a matter of fact, I have heard Waqar take Pathan's name as a quick bowler ( as in someone who started off bowling quick, and then lost the way ). He must be referring to this series.

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

It could be the same series. I dont recall exactly when. The point is, I have seen him touch 146, or I wont claim here. Just the way I have seen RP Singh bowl at around 148-149, and Sreeshanth around 148ish, 149ish. 

Rp even i remember , he was deceptively quick. 

Nehra also in 2003 wc

Sree had pace

But Irfan 146 i cant recall

16 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Even in vb 2004 he bowled at lively pace for his age then ,he bowled quite a few deliveries in 135-138 ks

In 2008 he was medium fast operating in 125-130 ks

In 2004 he bowled with pace and swing,but just for a brief period like Munaf(2006)

He was getting stronger and gaining pace but injury in ind-aus 2004 home series set things back, after that constant changing of action started the problems.

17 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I remember Pathan bowl an over in Pak in 2004 ,iirc 2nd odi wherePak were chasing 240+ where he opened the bowling and bowled quite sharp where he hit 144k that was his fastest delivery ever which i remember,i have never seen him reach beyond 130s since 2005

Tht was 3rd odi where i think yuvi scored some 60. Pathan wasnt played in 1st 2 games.

In 20011, ICFers thought he was as bad as Ishant Sharma.

Then there was huge gulf 2011 onwards, Ishant being one of the worst and Broad being one of the best in world cricket.

Last 3 years, difference in quality has again reduced sharply between them.

Broad will end career with 500 wickets at avg of 28.

I guess Ishant will end career at 400 wickets at avg of 30.

30 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

home conditions plays huge roll in wkts tally, also ishant is not the 1st pick in home conditions...umesh is so good in indian conditions 

55 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

In 20011, ICFers thought he was as bad as Ishant Sharma.

Then there was huge gulf 2011 onwards, Ishant being one of the worst and Broad being one of the best in world cricket.

Last 3 years, difference in quality has again reduced sharply between them.

I. for one dont rate Broad. He is a bully at home. He has gotten 329 wickets at home and has played 60% of matches at home. Terrible average outside barring South Africa. Not a great bowler in my books.