Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

No dear I will count on Umesh Yadav ahead of Shardul and Siraj and Nattu any day for a TEST Match. In Gabba ,Umesh would have been deadly.

Siraj tried his best today and was bowling 138K on a fast track. Umesh would have been bowling 145K in Gabba and I truly agree Umesh would have been a bit wayward where as Siraj was more accurate, But Siraj turns into a trundler as soon as the ball losses its shine.

line and length is a controllable and I know Umesh is never good on it , but he always bowls one or two good balls in an over. Umesh has the talent to play for India but these guys ( siraj,shardul,Nattu) are kinda trundlers. Saini definitely has the talent to play for India for Long.

What is Saini's status?

i thought he is a supremely fit bowler. will he not bowl in second innings.

Siraj has just started his career. We have seen all our bowlers increasing their pace by a yard and also improving their skills once they are part of team India ( may be due to B Arun's guidance or learning from Ishant, Bumrah ).  Umesh will still be handy but Siraj might get picked more. I wouldn't call Siraj/Saini as trundlers.. they have it in them to increase their avg speed to 140

35 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Ishant, Siraj and Shardul. Bhuvi maybe? No idea when Shami, Bumrah,Jadeja and Umesh will be match fit. Ashwin,Nadeem/Sunder/Axar and Kuldeep will probably be the spin attack. Jalaj Saxena is also in the reckoning.

Bro, commentators were saying that Bumrah is expected to be fit  before the Eng series and he was rested so that his injury is not aggravated ... but with abdominal injuries, one never knows till he starts bowling.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, Vk1 said:

Siraj has just started his career. We have seen all our bowlers increasing their pace by a yard and also improving their skills once they are part of team India ( may be due to B Arun's guidance or learning from Ishant, Bumrah ).  Umesh will still be handy but Siraj might get picked more. I wouldn't call Siraj/Saini as trundlers.. they have it in them to increase their avg speed to 140

Siraj bowled quite quickly in his last spell yesterday and 2nd spell today. Average speeds around 138 k.

I want him to do this more often.

2 minutes ago, nsareen said:

nalkande seems to be an exciting prospect, looks like 140-143k bowler to me... if he can improve his batting, he can be a backup for pandya

I have always liked Pandya because he had that extra bit of time to play and hit quick bowlers. ( although he was a better hitter of spinners initially ).

Nalkande had trouble connecting the pacy deliveries of Kuldeep Sen. Needs to work on this aspect.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I have always liked Pandya because he had that extra bit of time to play and hit quick bowlers. ( although he was a better hitter of spinners initially ).

Nalkande had trouble connecting the pacy deliveries of Kuldeep Sen. Needs to work on this aspect.

Nalkande better bowler, panda better batsman at the same stage.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Did anyone watch Siraj's first spell today morning ?

I missed it.

But Cricbuzz commentary is saying that he was zippy, bouncy and got a lot of seam movement. And a couple of near-wickets.

yes I saw since morning..siraj was fast ...ranged from 134 to 140K and many balls were 137 138 and 138.x, i think a few 139.x too...

i liked his pace , possibly averaging 137K. though i would love if he could average 139k.

But he can definitely increase his pace.

1 hour ago, vishalvirsingh said:

yes I saw since morning..siraj was fast ...ranged from 134 to 140K and many balls were 137 138 and 138.x, i think a few 139.x too...

i liked his pace , possibly averaging 137K. though i would love if he could average 139k.

But he can definitely increase his pace.

44,9475 ft/hr to 45,6037 ft/hr is a big jump.