Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Our pack of 4 fast bowlers were relentless and scary yesterday. They just kept coming at the batsmen with intensity, energy and pace. 

There were hardly any loose balls and the pressure was never released.  You could feel that they just want to blow away England.

And 4 good fast bowlers ensure that this happens as no one is over-bowled and they are all fresh to go flat out.

Honestly the way booms and shami plus siraj bowled, I don't think even stokes would have survived. 

Poms reckon England could have won if stokes and woakes played. I don't see it. 

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Can a case be made for Shardul's inclusion in the next test? Does Ashwin get a game? Who sits out if one of them is to be accommodated? Very difficult team selection issues.

Shardul has to 100% play. Can use jadds at 6. Ash at 7. Shardul at 8. 

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Which two are you dropping?

Pujara out. 

Ishant out. 

So;

Rohit

Rahul (ideally middle order but whatever)

Ragane (dropped ideally but whatever)

Kohli (chewtiya shouldn't be playing or should be playing down at 6 but the bitch will play at 4 cause he is a stubborn bitch)

Pant

Jaddu

ashwin

Shardul

Siraj

Booms

Shami or drop shami and bring in umesh. 

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Pujara out. 

Ishant out. 

So;

Rohit

Rahul (ideally middle order but whatever)

Ragane (dropped ideally but whatever)

Kohli (chewtiya shouldn't be playing or should be playing down at 6 but the bitch will play at 4 cause he is a stubborn bitch)

Pant

Jaddu

ashwin

Shardul

Siraj

Booms

Shami or drop shami and bring in umesh. 

I just don't see them making so many changes. Can't fault your reasoning except maybe Ishant's case. I think Ishant was alright. Yes there were patches when he seemed to run out of steam but his incoming delivery is still quite potent. Remember he got Buttler and Moeen out at a critical juncture which kept us in the game. 

However to make way for Shardul Ishant may have to be sacrificed. The other candidate is Shami who was again good only in patches. The Shami Ishant comparison is quite interesting. Both have their strengths and Shami in most conditions is the better bowler. However in swinging conditions Ishant makes a strong case too. Ishant is also better in bowling dry spells when required. Shami sometimes sprays it around looking for wickets.

41 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

I just don't see them making so many changes. Can't fault your reasoning except maybe Ishant's case. I think Ishant was alright. Yes there were patches when he seemed to run out of steam but his incoming delivery is still quite potent. Remember he got Buttler and Moeen out at a critical juncture which kept us in the game. 

However to make way for Shardul Ishant may have to be sacrificed. The other candidate is Shami who was again good only in patches. The Shami Ishant comparison is quite interesting. Both have their strengths and Shami in most conditions is the better bowler. However in swinging conditions Ishant makes a strong case too. Ishant is also better in bowling dry spells when required. Shami sometimes sprays it around looking for wickets.

Shardul coming in for Ishant is the logical selection. Ishant played his part using the Lords slope but did not look fully fit. Can't remember the last time when he struggled to hit even 135 kmph. Plus Headingley traditionally has aided swing, will be a mistake to not pick Shardul unless he is injured.

It will be very harsh to drop Ishant as according to me he was the one who was obtaining the highest degree of lateral movement but still we can't go with the same set of pacers again as the tail is just too weak and Shami won't score 50 every time. 

Shardul should play ahead of Shami. 

As good as Shami is he shouldn't play 3 matches on the trot, also Ishant is very economical even if he doesn't pick many wickets so we are not gonna give too many runs. 

Jadeja

Shardul

Ishant

Bumrah 

Siraj

11 minutes ago, Adamant said:

It will be very harsh to drop Ishant as according to me he was the one who was obtaining the highest degree of lateral movement but still we can't go with the same set of pacers again as the tail is just too weak and Shami won't score 50 every time. 

As good as Shami is he shouldn't play 3 matches on the trot, also Ishant is very economical even if he doesn't pick many wickets so we are not gonna give too many runs. 

Jadeja

Shardul

Ishant

Bumrah 

Siraj

I was also thinking along these lines. But would totally understand if Shami is persisted with and Ishant gets the boot. Too close to call.

Ashwin will have to wait till we get to The Oval it seems

20 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Jadeja

Shardul

Ishant

Bumrah 

Siraj

Extremely harsh. Ishant is the only one who has a high release from amongst all our seamers and he gets the ball to deck back in sharply. He is also pretty effective at a reduced speed because of the height and movement . His two wickets in quick succession is what threw the match open.