Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, Vilander said:

What is definition of great athelete and why is Anderson one lol 

Agility, strength, endurance. Anderson has excellent agility, he moves really on the field and runs in well when bowling, is brilliant fielder too because he is agile. He can Bowl long spells so has great endurance. He is a knee dominant muscle driven bowler so has good strength too which is prerequisite for knee dominant fast bowlers even at 40 bowling 140 kph. For me, his athleticism is good even at this age.

Ishant despite being 6-7 years younger doesn't have the agility. He too is a knee dominant fast bowler. Even while he isn't moving swiftly and looks very laborious like his feet are tied with a rope, you can say he has heavy feet, is a below average fielder too because of lack of agility. He is fine strength wise, but endurance is a question mark, pace is down too. 

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Agility, strength, endurance. Anderson has excellent agility, he moves really on the field and runs in well when bowling, is brilliant fielder too because he is agile. He can Bowl long spells so has great endurance. He is a knee dominant muscle driven bowler so has good strength too which is prerequisite for knee dominant fast bowlers even at 40 bowling 140 kph. For me, his athleticism is good even at this age.

Ishant despite being 6-7 years younger doesn't have the agility. He too is a knee dominant fast bowler. Even while he isn't moving swiftly and looks very laborious like his feet are tied with a rope, you can say he has heavy feet, is a below average fielder too because of lack of agility. He is fine strength wise, but endurance is a question mark, pace is down too. 

You mean Anderson has different attributes and Ishant has different, but how is Anderson great is great Athlete definition written somewhere with some point scoring system that is judged impartially in a standard system ?? Lol like I said stop pulling self concepts from your arse and claiming they are gospel.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

You mean Anderson has different attributes and Ishant has different, but how is Anderson great is great Athlete definition written somewhere with some point scoring system that is judged impartially in a standard system ?? Lol like I said stop pulling self concepts from your arse and claiming they are gospel.

Anderson is better in at least 2 of the 3 elements. I would say he is better even in third element that is strength because he even at 40 is bowling much quicker than Ishant at 33. IMO, Anderson is better as an athlete in all aspects than Ishant, has always been.

I hope the Indian fast bowlers keep doing what they did while dismissing England for 120

....    Bowl flat out fast if there isn't significant movement on offer.

.....   Think like the fast bowlers that they are ... and not like medium pacers.

....    Use the bouncer as a set-up delivery to push batsmen on the back foot and make their front foot movement uncertain.

....    Try to set up batsmen and bowl to a plan.

....    Bowl a high % of channel balls

....    Bowl with 3 to 4 slips .. a gully .. and a short leg .. unless there is a big partnership. This field placement has been successfully used in tests for a long time.

....    Keep their aggressive approach intact.

....    Bowl bouncer barrages with appropriate catching fielders, if a wicket is not falling ... and then revert back to normal bowling after a few overs or after getting results.

Edited by express bowling
15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I hope the Indian fast bowlers keep doing what they did while dismissing England for 120

.....   Think like the fast bowlers that they are ... and not like medium pacers.

....    Use the bouncer as a set-up delivery to push batsmen on the back foot and make their front foot movement uncertain.

....    Bowl with 3 to 4 slips .. a gully .. and a short leg .. unless there is a big partnership. This field placement has been successfully used in tests for a long time.

....    Bowl bouncer barrages with appropriate catching fielders, if a wicket is not falling ... and then revert back to normal bowling after a few overs or after getting results.

Who should take the new ball with Bumrah? I think it should be Shami if he plays.

4 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Who should take the new ball with Bumrah? I think it should be Shami if he plays.

In this series, Shami hasn't been as effective with the older ball as he usually is. 

So. I guess, giving him the new ball will be better utilization of our resources. 

But he must bowl with energy and pace ... like he did in the WTC Final 1st innings.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Easier said than done.

Day 5 pitch, 60 overs to bowl, no chance of an Indian loss which meant bowlers could go flat out and even our captain clown could set attacking fields all the time. Any other situation and slips/ gully/ other close in fielders would have been spread out after a few 4s by Root (like in the first innings)

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

In this series, Shami hasn't been as effective with the older ball as he usually is. 

So. I guess, giving him the new ball will be better utilization of our resources. 

But he must bowl with energy and pace ... like he did in the WTC Final 1st innings.

yes, I hope to see more fire in his belly, and not just his belly alone.

10 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Easier said than done.

Day 5 pitch, 60 overs to bowl, no chance of an Indian loss which meant bowlers could go flat out and even our captain clown could set attacking fields all the time. Any other situation and slips/ gully/ other close in fielders would have been spread out after a few 4s by Root (like in the first innings)

But England still could have managed to draw it,they only had to deal with 60 overs and 4 bowlers(pacers),that is what he's implying

15 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Easier said than done.

It just shows how other parameters led us to follow the classic field settings and bowling style of great fast bowlers of the past.

And the results are there for all to see. 

Spreading out the field and bowling medium paced deliveries on the leg and middle stump, is not the most effective way of dismissing opponents cheaply in tests outside Asia. But we are seen following this approach often enough.

As @Suhaan pointed out above, we could have still drawn the match if not for this rectified approach.

I hope we keep on following the classic bowling style and field settings of the Great Fast bowlers of the past. Because our fast bowlers have similar quality ... just the mindset and approach need to be similar.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

It just shows how other parameters led us to follow the classic field settings and bowling style of great fast bowlers of the past.

And the results are there for all to see. 

Spreading out the field and bowling medium paced deliveries on the leg and middle stump, is not the most effective way of dismissing opponents cheaply in tests outside Asia. But we are seen following this approach often enough.

As @Suhaan pointed out above, we could have still drawn the match if not for this approach.

I hope we keep on following the classic bowling style and field settings of the Great Fast bowlers of the past. Because our fast bowlers have similar quality ... just the mindset and approach need to be similar.

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

But England still could have managed to draw it,they only had to deal with 60 overs and 4 bowlers(pacers),that is what he's implying

Kohli's default mode is defensive approach by spreading the field the moment 4s are hit. Was a refreshing change in the Lord's 4th innings. Not yet convinced his thought process has changed for good