Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Replays? Can you be specific? Are you trying to post a youtube url here in the post? 

No I am not trying to post URL I use android browsers like opera mini and uc mini browsers to open icf site but I can't post through this browsers as its showing error; hence I had to use taptalk app

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

No I am not trying to post URL I use android browsers like opera mini and uc mini browsers to open icf site but I can't post through this browsers as its showing error; hence I had to use taptalk app

Try the stock browser of Android and I will have that browser issue be looked into by our other mods who work on that stuff. 

If you have safari on android, it works well. I have heard tapatalk is the best way to browse the net. 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think post 93-94, Waqar had lost his pace and he was mostly 135-140 bowler. He did bowl a particular delivery in 94 I think in England at 152. That was about it. 

This also shows that its pretty funny that Pakistanis laugh at Indians that Indian pacers lose their steam. Waqar was hardly genuine quick for about 4-5 years and then he lost it. Just like any other Indian bowler we have seen in the past.

Err, i think Waqar was consistently 145-150kph till 1995. Then he slowed down as stress fractures in his back and knee injuries slowed down his run-up and jump. But at his pomp, Waqar was faster than any Indian bowler i've seen.

23 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Err, i think Waqar was consistently 145-150kph till 1995. Then he slowed down as stress fractures in his back and knee injuries slowed down his run-up and jump. But at his pomp, Waqar was faster than any Indian bowler i've seen.

Speed-guns were  used very rarely in 1994-95

So,  you have no idea about specific speeds and just guessing them

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

Like express bowling said, you are just guessing the bowling speeds. As far as I have observed and studied in the past 19-20 years, Srinath was a tad faster than Waqar ( the waqar at his fastest ), around 1995-97 mark.

... And I have studied this for a long long time. I was the first guy who came in contact with Eddie Smith which was around 99-2000 and we used to regularly chat about fast bowlers. And he maintained that Srinath was way faster than Waqar and Donald during most times.

Edited by Rightarmfast
41 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Like express bowling said, you are just guessing the bowling speeds. As far as I have observed and studied in the past 19-20 years, Srinath was a tad faster than Waqar ( the waqar at his fastest ), around 1995-97 mark.

... And I have studied this for a long long time. I was the first guy who came in contact with Eddie Smith which was around 99-2000 and we used to regularly chat about fast bowlers. And he maintained that Srinath was way faster than Waqar and Donald during most times.

Srinath was at his fastest from 95-97, Waqar from 90-94. Yea, I am guessing here, but it is 'also a guess' to say Prasad was slower than Akram. 

IMO, from what I've seen and what Batsmen say, Waqar is generally rated as one of the fastest of all-time before his stress fractures.

Another two, who merits conversation in the fastest of all-time is Holding & Marshall : Plenty of batsmen have rated them the fastest day in, day out, on basis of stock ball bowling and especially Holding, Boycott is decisive in his statement that Holding, through the whole day, was the fastest of them all. This probably has some merit, given that Holding had one of the smoothest, mechanically correct action of them all and the guy was a hell of a runner- he was 3-4 spots behind for Jamaican Olympic 400m team, which means he is faster runner than practically any sportsman in history of India. 

Thampi needs to learn how to use the crease and and to mark his run up properly so he can step his front foot around the crease, instead of stepping way far up. He shouldn't be scared to step further up and practice with that. Will help his pace, bounce and over all line and length a lot. 

Currently he is stepping way early as shown few times today and also during the state games in the earlier matches.