Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

We have spotted it now.

I had written about Siraj's issue during the last test itself. Go through this thread.

And suggested about resting him for 1 match in the Team selection before the 4th test.

This is what I had written the day before this test started ( check the linked post above )

"  .... Siraj looked tired and resting him for 1 match would be helpful for the team  "

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Speed ranges that I have seen in the 4thTest 1st innings  ....

Bumrah.   133 k to 145 k

Umesh.     130 k to 142 k

Siraj.          127 k to 138 k

Shardul.    127 k to 136 k

Both Siraj and Shardul are really struggling to reach their normal speeds.

Is Bumrah injured?

Edited by Suhaan
37 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Is Bumrah injured?

Bumrah most probably had cramps in one of his calf muscles.

The physio made him do some stretching exercises ... and after that he was running in normally and bowled a couple of sizzling deliveries at 90 mph too.

So, I think and hope that he is ok.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I had written about Siraj's issue during the last test itself. Go through this thread.

And suggested about resting him for 1 match in the Team selection before the 4th test.

This is what I had written the day before this test started ( check the linked post above )

"  .... Siraj looked tired and resting him for 1 match would be helpful for the team  "

He did look down in pace but not injured. They also had 8 days rest after 2nd test.

I am not sure who selects the Pacers in the 11.

is it kohli or shastri or bharat arun or vikram rathore or all of them together?

from my perspective BHarat arun is the best judge to decide which are the 4 best pacers for the test. he should only decide.

Siraj is definitely looking slower than the second test and he is mainly an inswing bowler, he requires pace to get lbw. even boom has looked a bit slower. umesh is applying his experience and did bowl few jaffa"s. shardul is not getting the big banana outswing that he quite easily manages to get and his pace is medium pace. so playing prasidh ahead of siraj was not a bad ploy.

one requires pacers at their personal best when playing for india in tests. v could easily identify that ishant was not looking good n in rhthm in last test. bowling coach has to decide. than rahane, if thats so why did they not play vihari or surya kumar

even shastri and vikram rathore looked Fools when they sent Jaddu at no 5 ahead of rahane. that showed they believed jaddu to score more runs than rahane.  jaddu is definitely not good enough to bat at 5 for india in tests....

selection of the 11 is not the best.

34 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

selection of the 11 is not the best.

Why do you believe any of the inputs matter? Pretty sure Brat has the veto & the rest of the opinions do no matter at all! He said template so he had to put his foot in the mouth & go without Aswin for 4 tests :facepalm:

He is as brain dead as they come, just to prove he's right he'll go to any lengths without keeping team's interests first!

17 minutes ago, New guy said:

One thing commentator were pointing out was how siraj was bowling seam up in Australia while here in this series he has bowled every ball scrambled seam

Whay is that? I can understand as a variety but every single ball? His strength was his seam. Is someone advising him wrong?

He is back to bowling with upright seam in this test. 

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He did look down in pace but not injured. They also had 8 days rest after 2nd test.

I was talking about the 3rd test, when Siraj looked out of steam despite the 8 day rest.

He was not running in with as much vigour either.

When this happens coupled with fall in speeds, it is better to assess the fitness of that fast bowler and rest him till he is near to a 100%.

Edited by express bowling

This test match showcases the importance of pacers like Shami ... who can put the ball in the right areas at good pace, match after match.  [  Bumrah does this even better ... Ishant did this in 2018 and 2019 but not doing this any more  ]

This sustained pressure from both ends is very essential. 

In this test match 1st innings, apart from Bumrah, and in patches Umesh, this sustained pressure was missing. The other 2 pacers lacked both accuracy and pace.

3 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I am not sure who selects the Pacers in the 11.

is it kohli or shastri or bharat arun or vikram rathore or all of them together?

from my perspective BHarat arun is the best judge to decide which are the 4 best pacers for the test. he should only decide.

Siraj is definitely looking slower than the second test and he is mainly an inswing bowler, he requires pace to get lbw. even boom has looked a bit slower. umesh is applying his experience and did bowl few jaffa"s. shardul is not getting the big banana outswing that he quite easily manages to get and his pace is medium pace. so playing prasidh ahead of siraj was not a bad ploy.

one requires pacers at their personal best when playing for india in tests. v could easily identify that ishant was not looking good n in rhthm in last test. bowling coach has to decide. than rahane, if thats so why did they not play vihari or surya kumar

Agree.

In the 3rd test they played an unfit Ishant.

In the 4th test they are playing 2 semi-fit pacers ... Shardul and Siraj.

This is poor selection. 

The Gabba test showcased that fit inexperienced pacers are much better than semi-fit  experienced pacers.

Kohli will run our quicks into the ground. Already half look jaded, the other half look niggled...3 days gap before final test.

Does he have no idea about bowler rotation? Did he not see how our quicks outperformed tired Aussie quicks by the end of the BG series?

Imagine someone like Bumrah, 6 tests this summer, then 8-9 IPL games, T20 WC, RSA tour (NZ home series we can manage without him) one after another......is it possible to play every damn match? I think the poor guy will miss the WC or become a trundler in the tournament, and if he plays that as well, what about RSA tour where he is so important, same with Siraj. At least Kohli will have convenient excuse(s) if Bumrah misses the WC, to explain the inevitable KO choke. 

Let us see what happens in T5. Surely Prasidh Krishna needs to be looked at as a viable option. Pretty sure a fresh Indian attack even if it lacks experience can get the job done, our A tours and improved fitness regimen (plus guidance of Bharat Arun) have prepared the quicks well as we saw with Siraj in Australia. Also guys like Prasidh and Umesh (even Axar) will be out of syllabus questions for Eng, they might not have expected to face anybody apart from Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Ishant, Ash-Jaddu. 

Edited by Gollum

This test match showcases the importance of pacers like Shami ... who can put the ball in the right areas at good pace, match after match.  [  Bumrah does this even better ... Ishant did this in 2018 and 2019 but not doing this any more  ]

In this test match 1st innings, apart from Bumrah, and in patches Umesh, this sustained pressure was missing. The other 2 pacers lacked both accuracy and pace.

Siraj can 100% bowl with sustained pressure, juat having couple off days. Shami has had many such days in matches too

Shami too leaked runs in previous games. Only bowler who keeps pressure is Bumrah.

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Interesting numbers about height of release points being shown. The higher the release point the more difficult it has been for batsmen. Another point in favour of someone like Prasidh getting the nod.

Oval always more suited to tall bouncy bowlers. Ishant is tall but not bouncy nor pacy. Prasidh has three ingredient pace, bounce, swing/seam but control is a question mark.

Edited by rkt.india