Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

No doubts for me. Saini is two rungs above both Siraj and Umesh. The closest replacement we have to Ishant 2.0, capable of both hostility and bowling long economical spells. 

This is why I want Saini as the 3rd quick. 

He can do well both with the pink ball as well as on flatter tracks with the red ball.

The TM must tell him that he is going to get all 4 tests. Just bowl 4 top of off stump balls and 2 bouncers targeting the back shoulder at his full pace every over.

Following a horses for courses policy for the 2 debutant quicks will dent both their confidence.

22 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Harry Conway got deliberately run out to save himself from getting peppered by short balls by Saini and Siraj.

This is the first time I have seen anything like this.

Some fiery hostility from the 4 Indian fast bowlers in tandem.

Loving it !!

seeing this if i was kohli i would pick a 4 fast bowlers attack instead of three. 

i dont think spinners will make much difference in australia. 

I don't know why both the teams repeatedly bowled bouncers are tail enders. The pitch is already assisting seam bowling why not just bowl full and get a nick? Earlier bumrah got hit in the helmet and at the end conway. What is the point of roughing up no. 11s that too in a practice match? If they just aimed at Bumrah's stumps he wouldn't have got that 50

Someone from the Stark family(on this forum) will tell you about the dual nature of Umesh's deliveries

They will explain you Umesh's deliveries exhibit both particle nature and wave nature so should play ahead of Saini/Siraj or whosoever

He has acquired those abilities from years of research work done in one of their Stark chain of quantum cricketing Physics labs

Edited by Suhaan
58 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I don't know why both the teams repeatedly bowled bouncers are tail enders. The pitch is already assisting seam bowling why not just bowl full and get a nick? Earlier bumrah got hit in the helmet and at the end conway. What is the point of roughing up no. 11s that too in a practice match? If they just aimed at Bumrah's stumps he wouldn't have got that 50

We have got a couple of wickets with bouncers / rising short balls ... and could have had a 3rd if it was not a no ball. And their tail did not wag.

If quick and accurate bouncers can be bowled, not only do wickets come but a psychological advantage is got over the opposition, as they get hit and start fearing the opposition bowlers.

Already, the Australian commentators are talking about the fiery Indian pace battery who are hurting them. Pucovski and Conway being prime examples.

Even on our last trip, we did this and succeeded. Atleast 3 Aussie batters had to visit the hospital after getting hit by Bumrah and Shami. And the Aussie batters were not as comfortable facing our quicks, which ultimately bring wickets throughout the series as many batters do not go to the line of the ball to play. 

The Aussie seamers in this match did not have the pace to bowl short balls regularly and they failed in this strategy. But all our test match quicks have that pace.

Edited by express bowling
33 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

seeing this if i was kohli i would pick a 4 fast bowlers attack instead of three. 

i dont think spinners will make much difference in australia. 

Yes ... I too am in favour of 4 fast bowlers in the Pink ball test. 

Pant at 7 can help us implement this. Vihari can bowl some spin if needed.

I doubt that Ashwin will do much with the bat facing the pink ball.

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ... I too am in favour of 4 fast bowlers in the Pink ball test. 

Pant at 7 can help us implement this. Vihari can bowl some spin if needed.

I doubt that Ashwin will do much with the bat facing the pink ball.

there are periods in a pink ball test where the ball doesnt do anything,we need a spinner then to atleast dry up the runs.

14 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

there are periods in a pink ball test where the ball doesnt do anything,we need a spinner then to atleast dry up the runs.

Yes especially in the 2nd session where batting team attacks & tries to score runs Pink ball does nothing during that period.  4 pacers is not the way to go here.  Ashwin is needed even Aussies play Lyon in every D/N game. 

our attack should be bumrah shami and saini for the first test.

with siraj as 4 th backup.

umesh should not be considered unless one of the 4 get injured.,umesh has had enough chances in Australia .

We are really going to miss ishant this series,wish he gets better soon.

But i am sure bewda and loli will play umesh.Jokers.

Edited by RAZPOR