Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

19 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Rabada did bowl 150+ in IPL, but perhaps not willing to go flat out in Tests.

Nortje, whose top speed in IPL was 156 kmph with so many deliveries over 150 kmph, is averaging 140 kmph here with a top speed of 148 kmph, similar speeds to what I have seen Rabada bowl in Tests in SA.

Rabada's average speed has gone down in tests in the last 3 years. His top end speed is similar and he can probably crank it up over a 4 over spell in the IPL . But his average speed in this test is around 134 kph and that is just too slow for a bowler of his quality. Used to average around 4 k's quicker in te 2015-18 period. 

CSA have ruined this guy by greedily playing him in all formats at such a young age.

Shaheen is bowling impressively 

Good pace of 134 k to 144 k

Getting some balls to bounce a bit more from just short of a length.

Bowling in good areas.

Bowling from both over the wicket and around the wicket.

He has the ingredients for becoming a top quality test match bowler.

Only thing I have not seen is reverse swing. Could work a bit more on seaming the ball too.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bowling in good areas.

Only thing I have not seen is reverse swing. Could work a bit more on seaming the ball too.

Can tamper with the ball anymore.e don't think shazza can tbh. He sucks with old ball. 

Biased post -

Watched the Bihar vs Rajasthan match yesterday - 

Rahul from Bihar looks a decent prospect as a fast bowler. Is tall, has a good action, generates good bounce. Needs to add pace. Is very young. And coming from Bihar, I can vouch that he has absolutely no knowledge of diet and exercises because they just dont have such facilities in Moinul Haq stadium, Patna. 

I would really like to see this kid being trained. 

He did not bowl well, but he is raw and has potentials. 

52 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bowling in good areas.

he actually seams and swings the ball a lot. Not very effective with the old ball.

Edited by Nikhil_cric
2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Biased post -

Watched the Bihar vs Rajasthan match yesterday - 

Rahul from Bihar looks a decent prospect as a fast bowler. Is tall, has a good action, generates good bounce. Needs to add pace. Is very young. And coming from Bihar, I can vouch that he has absolutely no knowledge of diet and exercises because they just dont have such facilities in Moinul Haq stadium, Patna. 

I would really like to see this kid being trained. 

He did not bowl well, but he is raw and has potentials. 

He is already quick for his age.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bowling in good areas.

Shaheen's speed average this innings is 139+ which is seriously impressive (same as Nortje) and he has bowled couple of deliveries over 145kph. Very impressive in a test match

1 hour ago, New guy said:

Shaheen's speed average this innings is 139+ which is seriously impressive (same as Nortje) and he has bowled couple of deliveries over 145kph. Very impressive in a test match

It is indeed impressive for a test match.

But Nortje's average speed is not exactly comparable as he had to bowl 27 overs in the first innings itself, while Shaheen has bowled a total of 23 overs in both the innings combined so far.

Pakistan has used Shaheen smartly, in short spells with sufficient gaps.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

@MultiB48 @rkt.india How quick you think are Rahul and Anuj? My school friend, who is a sports event manager is going to be handling Bihar T20 tournament. If these guys are prospects, this time, I can seriously go to Patna and get these guys to get proper training in Bangalore or some other place.

Both were 135-140 if not more. Akash Singh clocked 139 yesterday who looked similar pace to Anuj.

Edited by rkt.india

Just watched Rahul Kumar bowl in the full match replay.

Looks like a 7 kph quicker and a few inches shorter version of Kyle Jamieson.  ( the new version )

Thanks @sarchasm for pointing out his bowling.

The kid has a lot of potential.

He is getting quite a few balls to rear up from just short of a length at sharp pace ... saw a couple of deliveries that seamed in ... saw an outswinger too.

I hope this kid is comes under the radar of the guys that matter.

Edited by express bowling