'No praise for effort had plan failed' - Ishant

Its right to say that 100% is the minimum expected from an Indian cricketer, but we did always know- if not overtly appreciate that- about Sharma. This is a good opportunity to repost my Ode to the Indian Team in South Africa, where I have captured this very well indeed Vijay and Dhawan Oh dear For you both I fear I fear Dhawan will you resist the urge to flash at anything outside off or will Steyn be your scourge and will he at your haplessness scoff Vijay for you i will hoot if you play anything off the back foot but keep calm and with a temperament like ice a few 100 ball 30's will suffice Pujara youre technically sound and hence expectations abound i hope the new ball is seen and you are not to face its sheen the top order round you will be bound Virat my guess is youre at four the trick is to be not flashy but dour no one likes a whinger or to see your middle finger i hope for one test century this tour Rohit your lazy elegance will i hope last longer than this sentence do not go wafting but a little bit of grafting get your eye in dont care about playing and missing oh hi there little Ajinkya I hope its you at 6 and not Sir Ravindra The experience of the A tour bring to the plate but I fear a paceman will bowl you though the gate hey, at least youre not Yuvraj or Raina Oh my captain oh my captain keep cleanly and bat with gumption your rep do not sully have slips and a gully no defensive fields, even if ABDV wields better than 0-2 too much of a presumption? Ravichandran Ashwin your batting will be more important than your offspin Attack with flight Don’t merely keep it tight Id say 6 wickets at 40 For the series, If I was being cheeky Zaheer youre a bowler with no peer when your fit and firing do i hope, do i dare twice snare Smith for a pair please dont breakdown and leave us tiring Mohammed Shami Ahmed I hope you get the new ball Swing it at pace Get it to reverse take wickets, save our face and Do have us all in thrall Finally ishant Sharma Im sure youll play. Whither karma? You lack skill at this art But what you have plenty of is heart However this is in vain with no brain. Also, for every Ishant we get an RPS or Munaf and even Rohit in his younger days-100% commitment is always expected not always given

I think its human nature to be concerned of how others view you. Sometimes it takes a while before you can galvanize yourself. I don't even feel its a modern issue, its gotten a lot worse with social media though. Players probably need to leave the coaching staff to read the criticism and decide whether its a valid point or not. Players are highly talented, they probably know their game better than anyone. They along with coaching staff put together plans. They have these professional coaches to iron out any wrinkles or correct any flaw in their games. So it makes sense not to read stuff which is sensationalised to sell a paper or an internet message board where people are able to hide behind a username.
That’s my point really. I think our guys DO read the tweets, blogs and youtube comments. Remember how Ashwin nearly had a twitter war with another user over his involvement in a run-out in a test match against West Indies? That's like a total NO-No.
Yup he is right had plan failed he would have labelled brainless by media' date='fans,captain.[/quote'] I think that is what he is indirectly implying. Because it succeeded Dhoni was quick to say it was his plan. If it had failed, Ishant would have got no praise for efforts and all blame
Its right to say that 100% is the minimum expected from an Indian cricketer, but we did always know- if not overtly appreciate that- about Sharma. This is a good opportunity to repost my Ode to the Indian Team in South Africa, where I have captured this very well indeed Vijay and Dhawan Oh dear For you both I fear I fear Dhawan will you resist the urge to flash at anything outside off or will Steyn be your scourge and will he at your haplessness scoff Vijay for you i will hoot if you play anything off the back foot but keep calm and with a temperament like ice a few 100 ball 30's will suffice Pujara youre technically sound and hence expectations abound i hope the new ball is seen and you are not to face its sheen the top order round you will be bound Virat my guess is youre at four the trick is to be not flashy but dour no one likes a whinger or to see your middle finger i hope for one test century this tour Rohit your lazy elegance will i hope last longer than this sentence do not go wafting but a little bit of grafting get your eye in dont care about playing and missing oh hi there little Ajinkya I hope its you at 6 and not Sir Ravindra The experience of the A tour bring to the plate but I fear a paceman will bowl you though the gate hey, at least youre not Yuvraj or Raina Oh my captain oh my captain keep cleanly and bat with gumption your rep do not sully have slips and a gully no defensive fields, even if ABDV wields better than 0-2 too much of a presumption? Ravichandran Ashwin your batting will be more important than your offspin Attack with flight Don’t merely keep it tight Id say 6 wickets at 40 For the series, If I was being cheeky Zaheer youre a bowler with no peer when your fit and firing do i hope, do i dare twice snare Smith for a pair please dont breakdown and leave us tiring Mohammed Shami Ahmed I hope you get the new ball Swing it at pace Get it to reverse take wickets, save our face and Do have us all in thrall Finally ishant Sharma Im sure youll play. Whither karma? You lack skill at this art But what you have plenty of is heart However this is in vain with no brain. Also, for every Ishant we get an RPS or Munaf and even Rohit in his younger days-100% commitment is always expected not always given
:two_thumbs_up: Good one!
Great post Soods.

wtf..You play for India for god sake.. Millions of guys dream every night about playing for India.. I wouldn't even mind dying after 35 if I get to play and retire as an Indian cricketer... and then this guy has the guts to claim that giving 100% is good enough to not warrant any criticism.. The guy used to bowl high 140s when he started for god sake... in IPL along side Steyn, he pushed himself to bowl high in 140s and outpaced Steyn in 2013 IPL... but when it comes to India, this bloody donkey bowls in high 120s to low 130s and says he plays with 100% energy... That is all BS. This guy is the sole reason we lost in England, Australia, RSA and did poor even in NZ... this guy got all the greenest wicket in 2011,2012 and 2013 but didn't give a SINGLE MATCH winning performance.. This is one of his blue moon performance and this leech will be stuck with us for another 2 years... Look at all the band-wagoners jumping on his train

after all those wickets fell he just stood there bemused. like he'd just stepped into a parallel universe. if DRS was in play he'd have called for a review!
nope..i think root said something to him and after prior wicket he sledged him back and after he got root he was jsut too happy and in the end he was just dead tired :cantstop:

problem is he can't think of himself.Here the plan was to bowl short and he just kept banging it every ball.god effort but mostly it'll backfire and would look stupid,as it happens mostly with him.You gotta think on your feet too.