Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

So he does a legger in a middle of a series? Poor decision.
Poor decision indeed. Infact a coward one. The moment managed to draw a test, chickened out ASAP to prevent the ignominy of that dubious record of maximum losses as captain... There was no need to take over mid-series and no need to quit mid-series... Should've been MAN enough to play the last match.
Poor decision indeed. Infact a coward one. The moment managed to draw a test, chickened out ASAP to prevent the ignominy of that dubious record of maximum losses as captain... There was no need to take over mid-series and no need to quit mid-series... Should've been MAN enough to play the last match.
Yup. Agree fully.

Feel a bit sad about the way MSD retired in tests. Should have announced retirement after the test series perhaps. Anyway, he was one of the most selfless, earnest cricketers who gave everything for the team and someone who came from a small town with no background and made it big in Indian cricket. Congrats on a wonderful test career, MSD. :hatsoff:

Wow. Did not see this coming. I have been wanting him to be sacked from test captaincy for 3 years now but still it feels a bit empty. He has had a very good career as a player, my problem was always with his captaincy. Anyways congrats on a very good career. Hope he continues to play ODIs.

So your theory is Kohli can score only on flat pitches, if the pitch was so flat what happened to all other Indian batsmen not named Rahane, Vijay and Kohli. If the pitches was so flat how did Indian team lose 7 wickets in Adelaide to lose that match and also in this match it was 403/3 to 465 all out and 175/6. Give the man some credit, he is much better than that,
Nobody is taking credit away from Kohli... Refer to my earlier point... My point was simple that MSD would have preferred to step down from captaincy and hand it over to a successor, Kohli, when the latter is in a positive frame of mind and good spirits, and not when he is edgy, nervous or possibly worried about his form with the bat... Only if he gets into a positive mode can he back and motivate his team
It's ok i guess , at least he moved out.
Nobody is taking credit away from Kohli... Refer to my earlier point... My point was simple that MSD would have preferred to step down from captaincy and hand it over to a successor' date=' Kohli, when the latter is in a positive frame of mind and good spirits, and not when he is edgy, nervous or possibly worried about his form with the bat... Only if he gets into a positive mode can he back and motivate his team[/quote'] Who is MS to worry about Kohli's mindset, is Indian team his property. What would have happened if he had career ending injury after lords test, Kohli still becomes captain then even though he was in poor form. It is none of his business to worry about Kohli's mindset or form.
Despite me abusing him all day, most of us did want him to walk mid series too, at time including you. And now when he does...nevermind.