Virat Kohli's Century Monitor

b555

Here is an astounding Kohli stat. He already has the second highest number of hundreds in successful chases drawing equal with Jayasuriya and only behind Tendulkar having played less than a fourth of the ODIs they played in: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=2;class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=hundreds;result=1;template=results;type=batting
That being an incredible stat notwithstanding, to be fair to the other players in that list, the general attitude to chasing in ODIs has gone thru a transformational change in the last 6-7 years, especially after the advent of T20 cricket. Batsmen just feel more at ease when chasing big targets today, than they were before. Having said that, Virat’s a machine. He just programs himself before walking out on the pitch merely executes the program on the pitch. No drama, no glitch

As an aside, I don’t think I have seen an instance of an Indian player being both admired and feared by Pakistani fans as Virat Kohli is. They just seem to be in utter awe of him. That is the ultimate badge of honor for an Indian player, because in order for you to break down the general wall of hatred and contempt that typically exists when it comes to Indian players and Pak fans (and vice versa) and gain their respect, you need to be extremely good.

As an aside' date=' I don’t think I have seen an instance of an Indian player being both admired and feared by Pakistani fans as Virat Kohli is. They just seem to be in utter awe of him. That is the ultimate badge of honor for an Indian player, because in order for you to break down the general wall of hatred and contempt that typically exists when it comes to Indian players and Pak fans (and vice versa) and gain their respect, you need to be [i']extremely good.
Interestingly the reverse is not true, many indians like pak players.. and Dhoni is an other case similar to Kholi..
18 more ODIs left in the year including 7 at home vs Aus. Can easily another 3-4 100s this year itself.
4 against Zimboks 7 against Australia 7 against South Africa 3 against New Zealand Minimum 3 in Asia Cup in Bangladesh So No, not 18, but 24 ODIs left this year. He should get atleast another 5-6 100s. But it hasn't been a good year for him as of yet. Just 2 100s in 11 games. Not upto his standard, especially considering he couldn't get a single 100 in 4 matches against his favourite team Sri Lanka. :banghead: