Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

38 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Yeah Aaron has been average till now but you can't blame him for yesterday's performance. He created opportunities to pick up wickets but he can't do anything if the fielders drop dollies like that. Not 2 but 3 catches were dropped of his bowling and both of those batsman(Rahane and Tiwary) went onto score 50's.. On any other day he could have picked 2-3 wickets. 

Regarding his run up, he is bowling within himself because he is playing most of the matches at Chinnaswamy which is ruthless against quick bowlers. Yesterday he bowled a quick bouncer to Rahane who hit a ramp shot which went for a 6. This is a ground where edges fly off to 6. Which quick bowler will go all out on such a ground? They will try to vary their pace here.

Sorry you can keep blaming pitch, dropped catches, bowling within himself for a match or two. But when this is happening match after match in each season for 3-4 years, you have to call out poor bowling.

Aaron is not some 18 year old playing in his rookie season. Its quite clear that he is yet to learn the lengths to bowl in shorter formats and does not know what to do moment he gets hit for a 4.

If I was his advisor, I would much rather see him play a season of county cricket than in IPL. FC cricket is where he should focus.

Happy to eat my words if Aaron can turn around his IPL season.

29 minutes ago, Shoonya said:

Sorry you can keep blaming pitch, dropped catches, bowling within himself for a match or two. But when this is happening match after match in each season for 3-4 years, you have to call out poor bowling.

Aaron is not some 18 year old playing in his rookie season. Its quite clear that he is yet to learn the lengths to bowl in shorter formats and does not know what to do moment he gets hit for a 4.

If I was his advisor, I would much rather see him play a season of county cricket than in IPL. FC cricket is where he should focus.

Happy to eat my words if Aaron can turn around his IPL season.

Where did I say Aaron is doing great? Saying it again Aaron has been average. No one's denying that. But this pitch thing is not an excuse. Look at all the quick bowlers who have bowled in Chinnaswamy and look at their stats, most of them will be going over 9 rpo with 1 or 2 exceptions. Thing is RCB does not exactly have great bowlers sitting on the bench. Among the Indian bowlers in RCB, Aaron is doing a decent enough job and so he is getting picked. 

Edited by Mosher

4 hours ago, Mosher said:

Moshit was bowling brilliantly. Probably the best I have seen him bowl at the death. Ball was reversing and he bowled some really good yorkers mixed with back of the hand slower ones, making it very difficult for the batsman to hit. Decent pace of around 138K on the yorkers. 

Thanks for the info bro

3 hours ago, Shoonya said:

Another wicketless match for Aaron. 2 catches dropped off him but was largely pedestrian through his spell. Zero energy in his run up, looks like a club level bowler when bowling

Now his stats read 

4 Matches

14 overs

0 maidens

129 run

0 wickets

ER of 9.2

Average - infinity

RCB winning the match may give him another chance though.

Aaron bowled a decent line and length in his first 2 matches  and was average in his next 2.   He could have picked up 2 to 3 wickets yesterday as 3 very easy catches were dropped off his bowling.

His ER has to be looked at in the context of the SR of the matches he has played...most were games with very high SR.  Chinnaswamy. his home-ground, is one of the smallest grounds in India and the pitch is very flat too...with no seam movement available. There is no swing on offer too.

After Aaron came back from 1.5 year break, during which he had an operation of his backbone, he had to change his action so that there was less probability of the injury recurring. This new action needed a lot of match practice to get set. Unfortunately, Aaron did not have continuous games on the trot. He was dropped from the LOI sides after 2 or 3 games and never considered again. He played test matches with gaps in between AND missed most of the FC season as he was warming the benches of the test side then.

Until he gets to play 4 or 5 FC matches in succession, he will never be able to get full confidence and comfort with his new action.  nevertheless his hit speeds of 140 k to 148 k in a couple of matches he has played.

Aaron's plight has to be considered in the light of his 1.5 year break, his major surgery , his change in action and his lack of match practice.  His case is not comparable to most other bowlers.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, Shoonya said:

Yes..... unless Aaron gets good amount of FC match practice  and some List A match practice too....he won't be able to improve with his new action.

Yes..... unless Aaron gets good amount of FC match practice  and some List A match practice too....he won't be able to improve with his new action.

These kind of bowlers will end careers ..... he already done.....remember broad...

They should be encouraged by captain....and should be under good guidance like zaheer or srinath etc....

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

These kind of bowlers will end careers ..... he already done.....remember broad...

They should be encouraged by captain....and should be under good guidance like zaheer or srinath etc....

Seriously... ending career ,breaking noses ,breaking skulls.That is cricket?

Besides....Broad went on to become  a far more successful bowler than the nose breaker.

19 minutes ago, radhika said:

Actually....cricket throughout its history used to be about creating fear in the minds of the opposition by adopting a bodyline attack...because cricket is played with a very hard ball with a rough seam.  One of the most lauded and successful sides in the history of cricket was the West indies from  1974 to 1990.....and their cricket was all about bowling a barrage of bouncers and short balls and creating physical intimidation. Even the Aussies did it with Thomson. Lillee, Pascoe, Hogg, Lee and Gillespie. And they are another legendary champion side in cricket.

Much improved cricket gear and much flatter pitches have reduced this intimidation a lot.  Even when i played cricket in the '90s...the physical intimidation part was always there. Fast bowlers tried to break my skull by bowling no balls from 18 yards.  When i was the captain i told my bowlers to bowl body-line when a wicket was not falling.

this is what cricket used to be for 50 or 60 years.

Besides....Broad went on to become  a far more successful bowler than the nose breaker.

Being aggressive is part of any sport esp test cricket.....

Breaking noses might not be required but scaring batsmen is defiantly should part of plan....

I am talking about broad...the batsmen not bowler

Actually....cricket throughout its history used to be about creating fear in the minds of the opposition by adopting a bodyline attack...because cricket is played with a very hard ball with a rough seam.  One of the most lauded and successful sides in the history of cricket was the West indies from  1974 to 1990.....and their cricket was all about bowling a barrage of bouncers and short balls and creating physical intimidation. Even the Aussies did it with Thomson. Lillee, Pascoe, Hogg, Lee and Gillespie. And they are another legendary champion side in cricket.

Much improved cricket gear and much flatter pitches have reduced this intimidation a lot.  Even when i played cricket in the '90s...the physical intimidation part was always there. Fast bowlers tried to break my skull by bowling no balls from 18 yards.  When i was the captain i told my bowlers to bowl body-line when a wicket was not falling.

this is what cricket used to be for 50 or 60 years.

Liked ur comment bro

Now virat is the perfect captain for test cricket. He will give it back big time

Umesh bowled a good line and length today.  Almost all good length off stump deliveries. No wide deliveries or long hops.  Got some bounce with his good length balls too.   Speeds between 140 k and 147 k.

I want to see more such spells from him.

15 hours ago, Mosher said:

Moshit was bowling brilliantly. Probably the best I have seen him bowl at the death. Ball was reversing and he bowled some really good yorkers mixed with back of the hand slower ones, making it very difficult for the batsman to hit. Decent pace of around 138K on the yorkers. 

Mohit bowled between 109 k to 138 k

But he was so impressive that I can say with full confidence that he wud be in indian t20 team for sure.

Even in odi team ..his bowl control is unbelievable.

He bowls upto 141 k easily n his variations r too many.

Despite bowling well, once again no wickets for Aaron. Never looked like taking a wicker either.

Season stats - 5 matches , no wickets for 154 runs in 17 overs, ER 9+. Is this some sort of a record or what for a frontline bowler?

Checked his last season IPL record, 6 matches, 17 overs, 177 runs, 3 wickets, avg of 60, ER of 10.2

So combined record for last 2 seasons-  11 matches, 34 overs, 321 runs, 3 wickets, avg of 107, ER of 9.5!!

I am really disappointed with Aaron. He seems to not have worked hard on his bowling. In T20s, it is all about variation, cant be predictable. He still doesnt have a good slower ball. He does bowl it but it is not deceptive and can be picked easily. With his pace at 145-150, his slower ball should be really effective but it isnt. Neither he has worked on his yorkers well enough. He still bowls a lot of beamers trying to bowl yorker. If you are a bowler bowling in T20s, you must be really good at these two options. Otherwise, forget T20 and play county cricket and concentrate on test match bowling.

28 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I am really disappointed with Aaron. He seems to not have worked hard on his bowling. In T20s, it is all about variation, cant be predictable. He still doesnt have a good slower ball. He does bowl it but it is not deceptive and can be picked easily. With his pace at 145-150, his slower ball should be really effective but it isnt. Neither he has worked on his yorkers well enough. He still bowls a lot of beamers trying to bowl yorker. If you are a bowler bowling in T20s, you must be really good at these two options. Otherwise, forget T20 and play county cricket and concentrate on test match bowling.

Apart from Bumrah and , to some extent Bhuvi. no other Indian pacer seems to have practiced the yorker enough. That is disappointing.

Biggest problem with most Indian pacers is that they don't practice bowling enough. At least that is the impression they give while bowling.