Zim suspends tour of pak/discussions ongoing

G_B_

Dont know why seemingly every thread about Pakistan devolves into the same boring old India vs Pakistan debate. Can we please stick to the actual cricket and not this political crap
Because, Zimbabwe cancelled the tour,because of attack on Pakistani Shias in Karachi,killing 40 people,by Pakistani Junduallah/ISIS in Karachi Pakistan and RAW and India are responsible.
That is very disrespectful. ICF itself isnt bad. There are some who make it and then there are some quality posters like gollum as well. So' date=' lets not paint everyone with the same brush, shall we?[/quote'] Some pathetic attitude on an online forum with few guys calling Pakistan a failed state or terrorist nation. You never hear such stuff on a Pakistani forum, Disgraceful stuff this is truly.
Some pathetic attitude on an online forum with few guys calling Pakistan a failed state or terrorist nation. You never hear such stuff on a Pakistani forum' date=' Disgraceful stuff this is truly.[/quote'] Sigh, such weak hearted New posters, you should fight back and use your superior intellect inherited by people From the land of the pure to defeat these ignoramus Neighbors.
That is very disrespectful. ICF itself isnt bad. There are some who make it and then there are some quality posters like gollum as well. So' date=' lets not paint everyone with the same brush, shall we?[/quote'] Well Bro, I am not disrespectful to ICF , I am just trying to use the same logic as (few) ICFers do .... Generalizing the whole ICF forum and whole Indian nation .... thats it .... what can i say , I am new to this .... :dontknow:
Some pathetic attitude on an online forum with few guys calling Pakistan a failed state or terrorist nation. You never hear such stuff on a Pakistani forum' date=' Disgraceful stuff this is truly.[/quote'] I think that is because India as a country is doing quite well economically and doesn't have terrorist attacks every month. Although calling Pakistan a failed state entirely is unfair.
Some pathetic attitude on an online forum with few guys calling Pakistan a failed state or terrorist nation. You never hear such stuff on a Pakistani forum' date= Disgraceful stuff this is truly.
:haha: Have you ever been on defence.pk? If you haven't, I suggest you do so before indulging in your moral grandstanding over here. That website is more or less a propaganda website. You might find a few people here who are jingoistic, but people can back their claims with facts (even though those facts might make you uncomfortable). You don't get banned on this forum at the drop of a hat. So rather than pointing fingers at others and playing the signature victim card, some introspection would be a good start towards remedying your country's issues. We Indians are aware of our country's problems but we are not in a perpetual state of denial. Having a siege mentality vis-a-vis the universe is unhealthy. Ps: sorry for talking about another forum mods, but the integrity of the forum was being questioned here.

For anti-hindu And anti-india stuff that is fed to Pakistanis and what many in the establishment think, people should watch rvi and gurudev YouTube channels. (Its Urdu not English) It's most strange that a generation of converts hates a nation that represents religion of their forefathers...a nation from where they derive most of their own culture, language , Daily source of entertainment (movies songs IPL) etc

Some pathetic attitude on an online forum with few guys calling Pakistan a failed state or terrorist nation. You never hear such stuff on a Pakistani forum' date= Disgraceful stuff this is truly.
I think poster's views here only echo a global perception. But I agree that there is a bit of hate involved in the way people throw this stuff here. Btw, having been a part of the green forum in the past, I must say that I have heard all kinds of filthy language being used against Indians, so the part in bold is not true at all. ICF hasn't been as bad from my brief experience here.

Feel sad for Pakistani cricket enthusiasts/fans who long to see their heroes live in Gaddafi Stadium but I am not really surprised and believe that the correct decision has been made. Especially after Operation Zarb-e-Azb, TTP/other like minded terrorist groups have retaliated violently in the recent past and with sectarian bloodshed, sympathizers of these savages running scot free, a spineless political class, etc the country is a tinderbox presently. What is most worrying is that there are sympathizers for the savages in the Army,ISI,political class,among certain sections of the public and also the good terrorist(Hafiz Saeed,Lakhvi)-bad terrorist(Mullah Fazlullah and his ilk) BS. The problems are so deep rooted that I believe to restore to normalcy they may even take decades. Don't see cricket returning there in a long time, especially Aus,Eng,Ind,RSA,NZ aren't going to tour amidst the turmoil and PCB can't make enough $$$$ with the less profile teams, though even then Pakistani cricketers will get to play in front of their home crowds and cricket won't lose it's ground to football among the masses if youngsters see their stars in action live. Ultimately they need to do a balancing off act and explore whether it is really worthwhile to restore cricket in Pakistan or take the easier option of hosting in the Gulf. Easy to blame PCB for everything under the sun but the task in front of them is humongous especially the task of returning international cricket back home. The 2009 attack was as much the fault of the Punjab Govt and the Army/security forces as it was PCB's . After being promised Presidential level security the Lankan team was almost entirely wiped out from the face of the earth that day,and the entire blame was somewhat unfairly placed on the shoulders of PCB. PCB was very much at fault but with the existing law and order situation, religious extremism, leniency towards terrorists the balance of probability was always acting against them and what happened in 2009 could easily have happened in the preceding years(BTW were those terrorists caught/punished?) . BCCI and SL board(during civil war time) have always had it easier because violence/secessionist movements in India and Sri Lanka were localized in certain parts and visiting teams don't have to travel to these areas of the country(Kashmir,Maoist areas,N.E India or Jaffna,Lanka). In Pakistan no region is safe with the extremist Mullah brigade having a presence in almost every part of their country, add to the fact that these acts of violence are quite frequent. I can assure you that if India/Lanka had the amount of security challenges like Pakistan even these 2 boards wouldn't have fared better than PCB. Also luckily for these 2 boards the international image is much better than Pakistan viz a viz national security and international players/boards have confidence in the security apparatus of these 2 countries to provide a safe environment for their players. I am sure that Zimbabwe players would have been quite scared 24x7 even if the tour had got ahead and the security was top class. I didn't mention Bangladesh with these 2 countries because even there the situation is changing for the worse. Fanatic Mullah brigade, Jamaat E Islaami hardliners, rising intolerance among public,political violence, shaky ruling party etc are a ripe ground for another 2009 type attack and won't be surprised if(judging by the way things are moving there) in another 10-15 years time teams will think twice before touring there. I think that the best option for Pakistan is to continue home matches in Gulf and explore a few locations in South Africa,UK,Lanka,Malaysia to host some of their home matches. Shahryar Khan is the best possible person to lead PCB presently. He is an ace diplomat(remember India's tour to Pakistan) and only someone like him could have convinced Zimbos to tour Pakistan in the first place. International cricket may not return to Pakistan but take nothing from the behind the scenes efforts of this old man, have Ijaz Butt,Zaka Ashraf,Najam Sethi have ever done anything at all for Pakistan cricket? The way forward for PCB is to try to secure some big home series' in the Gulf(like India in December, other teams on a more frequent basis) and with the multi million dollar TV deals, they can earn lots of $$$ that too with no risk because security,organization,etc will be taken care of by local authorities. Even if Zimbabwe do turn up for this series, doubt other big teams will oblige and Pakistan need to keep their financial status above water level to survive the exile !!! And another attack like 2009 will kill any hopes of return of international cricket there for the next 50-60 years, a very risky proposition. In the meantime PCB can repair their obsolete,crazy,useless domestic circuit(crazy how good/great Pakistani cricketers have emerged in spite of their domestic structure) , make their local T20 leagues more grand, glitzy, glamorous to catch the eyes of youngsters, arrange more A tours/U19 tours and pray that the country recovers from the cycle of violence. South Africa(where cricket was never the no 1 sport and played by only a section of the minority white population in the 70s-90s) survived the exile for 20+ years(thanks to their super strong domestic structure,PCB take note) continuing to produce greats and when they returned they were amongst the top 3 in the world,so Pakistan should take inspiration from them. God bless Pakistani fans, all this must be really hard but hope you guys overcome this menace as a nation and let good sense prevail. Eradicate intolerance, religious bigots and conspiracy theorists from the society and the path ahead will be much easier.Let us be honest, International cricket will only return when the terrorists are subdued, no amount of sugar coating, PR,diplomacy will convince other boards/players. Pakistan like West Indies has a great cricketing history/culture and has bestowed upon us some of the most exquisite and exciting players and cricket will be a poorer game without them. Cricket needs a strong Pakistan, especially considering that there are only 8-10 elite teams in the globe and with other sports gaining ground faster than ours(thank you ICC).

@ invasion, comparison of India again and again to justify its failures, the world is not saying India is a failed state its only Paki terrorist land to which the term is given as failed state, as the government does not protects its own people, As per ur Paki logic, due to Tinaman square massacre, and Xinguang province killings, China shud be named as Failed state, and due to Ukraine massacre Russia shud be named as Failed state, but no Paki the world does not see it that way and keep going on with your amateur logic of India is behind every, the world now knows better

Struggles for Basic Amenities - Remember the Fuel Crisis when Pakistan was halted due to lack of Petrol Reserves. - CHECKED Lack of Safety for Citizens - CHECKED Rampant Militancy and Terrorism running unchecked - CHECKED Corrupt Government & Military Centric - CHECKED Known history of hiding most wanted terrorists including Osama Bin Laden , Dawood Ibrahim - CHECKED Economy totally propped up by US & Saudi Currency - CHECKED Known History of Nuclear Weapon Proliferation to NK etc - CHECKED It's well on it's way to becoming a false state maybe by the next 20 years in my book. The Circular debt where the Pakistani government is unable to procure fuel for its growing population will repeat and become bigger and bigger. This will cripple the economy soon and get anarchy. On top of this , you have an idiot called Imran Khan who's spoiling whatever gains Pakistan might make. India is not without it's share of problems but atleast the civilian government is in control and not the military or some foriegn masters. We also do not let religion dictate our every move and use it as a tool for brainwashing people. Both India & Pakistan's deeds speak for themselves. There's comparably much more trust when people are dealing with India compared to dealing with Pakistan.

ZCB are such a corrupt, filthy disgusting board they'll probably push on and tour regardless of any warnings. They make a big profit (by zim standards) on this tour, to hell with player safety
How will they make big profit from the tour? Whatever outcome will be of home board PCB, not ZCB.

I don't understand why this fail of a board is still pushing/threatening smaller cricket nation to tour them. Dang man, fix the country first and all the pieces of the puzzles will fall into places. Unfortunate that their cricket is suffering from terrorist activities but that doesn't mean that it's A OK for a sport team to get into danger just because they want cricket to be back (even that alone sounds like a bunch of hoopla). Pak fans needs to man up and admit that your country is in a lot of sh*thole! No sane person would want to tour over there.