Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

Will definitely watch.. i like adventurous movies.. My only concern is dialogues in Tamil. I am pretty sure some random dubbing voice would feature. A reason why i sippikkul muthu (swathi muthyam's dubbing) was a let down for me. SPB lent voice to Kamal.
This movie is made in Telugu and Tamil but dubbed in Malayam and hindhi form what I remember.

This movie is made in Telugu and Tamil but dubbed in Malayam and hindhi form what I remember.
IN that case fine. Still they could have used some other actress who could speak with her own voice. It is one area i hate south Indian movies. Actors speak in their own voice. But one or two dubbing artists lend voice to almost all the actresses. They all sound the same.

IN that case fine. Still they could have used some other actress who could speak with her own voice. It is one area i hate south Indian movies. Actors speak in their own voice. But one or two dubbing artists lend voice to almost all the actresses. They all sound the same.
Yup that's a disturbing part about Telugu. At least Tamil folks use couple of Tamil heroines. Their is no Telugu heroine for the whole telugu film industry. They too racist people who are after color of northies. This includes all directors expect may be shekar kammula. Tammnna was horrible in the movie.

You keep comparing the movie to Hollywood movies which is wrong....A guy from a small town or village be it in AP,Bihar orf Gujrat will be wowed by the cinematography and graphics as there is good chance he has never seen LOTR. Dhoom 3 or Ra one were set in a modern setting,they were action and sci-fi genre and they were pretty lame in all aspects. This appeals to more Indian sensibilities as we all can relate to stories about King,Kingdoms,wars etc. and it was very well made to appeal to all classes. You need to compare Bahubali to Indian epics and not Hollywood movies. Yes the $20 price was insane but it is still a very good movie...I pointed out the flaws in the movie too where there could have been a much better effort but comparing it to wannabe crap like Raone and Dhoom 3 is plain offensive to anyone who loves movies. You have to give it to the director,the cast and everyone involved an A+ for effort.
Let's leave Mugal-e-Azam on the side for the moment I am not comparing it with Hollywood. Many of the folks who are promoting the film are comparing it to that one. Like you just said that people in villages may not have seen LOTR :P .... And when it comes to the North, dubbed South films usually do well in the metros What you said about D3 and Ra.One (though I liked D3) is what I am saying about Bahubali. When it comes to the technical side the film is good, however it is lame in other aspects .... and when it comes to Indian epics, many popular ones deliver on most aspects of film making including great story, acting, music, songs, etc. For me, I cannot recommend this film for $20 to a non-Telugu
The claims the film made was setting new benchmark for Indian Cinema in terms of Graphics and CInematography and Large Scale production. So cannot comprehend how you can judge 1 and 2 by watching a cam print :confused: It did not claim to be better than LOTR now did it? Watch it in theatre,come back and tell me that Dhoom3 or Raone were better in that aspect. Don't recall anyone claiming that the story was unique,infact the director himself said like a lot of Indian movies this takes inspiration from Ramayana and Mahabharata.
There were claims that it is the greatest Indian film ever as well :winky: .... However, it is good to see that now the discussion is on more realistic basis - graphics, etc. And I have said that it is a plus for the film but not something that on its own would make a film great (Ra.One example)
:two_thumbs_up: BTW where is Rett...looks like he is suckered into watching Bahubali yet again to come up with more analysis :hysterical:
I do have some funny scenes in mind. Even thinking about them makes me go :rofl: .... Once I get some more time, I will try to post them with pics :hysterical:

40 million budget is big for India. But only these kind of movies are worth spent on. I think Vishwaroopam cost over 125 crores. But it is still pittance in hollywood. It is pointless to compare with hollywood movies. lol. They spend like anything. They report loss of 175 millions forget about spending. Lone Ranger movie cost them 375 million and the loss was well over 190 millions$ . Jack the giant slayer registered loss of 140 millions.

40 million budget is big for India. But only these kind of movies are worth spent on. I think Vishwaroopam cost over 125 crores. But it is still pittance in hollywood. It is pointless to compare with hollywood movies. lol. They spend like anything. They report loss of 175 millions forget about spending. Lone Ranger movie cost them 375 million and the loss was well over 190 millions$ . Jack the giant slayer registered loss of 140 millions.
Actually the less hyped movies or scenes tend to be more path breaking that they inspire even Hollywood movies. For eg; Quentin Tarantino was inspired by a Kamal Hassan movie(don't remember the name of the movie) for the whole animation sequence in Kill Bill where they show Lucy Lui's background in Japanese style anime. Slumdog Millionaire chase scenes where inspired by the famous chase scene in Black Friday

Actually the less hyped movies or scenes tend to be more path breaking that they inspire even Hollywood movies. For eg; Quentin Tarantino was inspired by a Kamal Hassan movie(don't remember the name of the movie) for the whole animation sequence in Kill Bill where they show Lucy Lui's background in Japanese style anime. Slumdog Millionaire chase scenes where inspired by the famous chase scene in Black Friday
That's aalavandhan film: 36aZazWQ0x0

Will definitely watch.. i like adventurous movies.. My only concern is dialogues in Tamil. I am pretty sure some random dubbing voice would feature. A reason why i sippikkul muthu (swathi muthyam's dubbing) was a let down for me. SPB lent voice to Kamal.
The dialogue sync is good .Only the songs in Tamil are awful

forget filmmakers, actors, chief ministers, international news sites... now even industrialists are making comments on this movie anand mahindra ‏@anandmahindra #Baahubali is a staggering achievement. It's scale&CGI finally unleash the potential of Indian mythology & folklore on the big screen anand mahindra ‏@anandmahindra 5h5 hours ago But #Baahubali isn't a Hollywood me-too. It retains an Indian DNA. A hypnotic soundtrack&quirky yet creative romantic scenes make it unique

By Janma - I may not be ( I posted this multiple times in ICF - maybe you missed it ) but by Karma, I am Golt - so relax thammudu Ee ooru manadiraa Ee wada manadiraa Palle manadiraa Prathi paniki manam raa Naduma dora endiro - vaadi peekudendiro Zaalim kaun re...uska zulum kya re :two_thumbs_up: This is Telangana version...I am sure Telugu is telugu for you.... Kakinada Kaaja :yay:
However much you try to suck up to Golts and wannabe golt, you are not pure jeans :aetsch:

Yup that's a disturbing part about Telugu. At least Tamil folks use couple of Tamil heroines. Their is no Telugu heroine for the whole telugu film industry. They too racist people who are after color of northies. This includes all directors expect may be shekar kammula. Tammnna was horrible in the movie.
you are right, tamilians are better than telugu people at encouraging local female talent, but not far better by any measure. Nayanathara, Asin and many leading actresses are from Malayalam film industry. Mallus are no.1 in encouraging their local female talent. tamil are far behind. telugu is worst probably. a few telugu origin heroines like anjali etc.. are finding more work in tamil. There are telugu heroines in telugu industry but they act in Tier-2 movies with upcoming actors. The superstars will only cast rejects from the north. :giggle: racism is present throughout India. more like casual racism. racism without knowing its racism.

Some data on 1st weekend collections coming in 1st Weekend Collection at Box Office: Business of Rajamouli's Film Crosses ₹165 Cr in 3 Days http://www.ibtimes.co.in/baahubali-1st-weekend-collection-box-office-business-rajamoulis-film-crosses-150-cr-3-days-639010

SS Rajamouli's "Baahubali - the Beginning" (Bahubali) has grossed approximately ₹169 crore at the worldwide box office in the first weekend and its three-day collection is not only more than Tollywood blockbusters, but also Bollywood movies like "PK". On 10 July, "Baahubali - the Beginning" released in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam in 4,200 screens across the globe and received an earth-shattering response everywhere. The movie grossed approximately ₹75 crore (₹60 crore nett) at the worldwide box office on the first day. It became an all-time biggest opener (Indian cinema) in the global market, beating the record of Aamir Khan's "PK".
Bahubali (Hindi) Beats Robot’s Lifetime Collections On 1st Weekend http://www.koimoi.com/box-office/bahubali-hindi-beats-robots-lifetime-collections-on-1st-weekend/