Crime against women in India | Discussion thread

Detonator

1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

The girl had apparently filed a police complaint against the guy, but this still happened. The guy needs the death penalty. 

He was hiding behind a Hindu name till 4 months back. When she came to know he was a Muslim she started ignoring him on advice of her parents. So  he threatened her parents, assaulted her in a bus forcing the family to lodge a case with the police. But apparently the effing police were too lazy to even lodge an FIR, all they did was go to his house but he wasn't there, so they stopped bothering after that. What's more he is a serial criminal with a penchant for stealing bikes since the age of 17, initiated into this dhanda by his uncle, what's with these peaceful men and bike stealing, they steal a hell a lot of bikes here in Bengaluru as well !!!  What's more this girl loved to take rides on his stolen high end bikes in Delhi and she even bailed him out once when he was caught by the police. He has been in jail 4 times and it seems she knew about this. How can an educated middle class Hindu girl from a conservative family fall for these cheapos. Even on the fateful day she met him after he called her, lying to her parents that she was going to a shop to buy maggi. Her dad was in tears yesterday, saying that if he knew it was him she was going to meet, he would have protected her. Heartbreaking story and a lesson to many girls all across India. And dunno what many people feel, I feel love jihad in some form is prevalent in our society. Rightwingers may exaggerate it and plant some fake stories but I do believe it is there in some form, not just Hindu girls but even Christian girls(Kerala, Karnataka) are prime targets for the peacefuls.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

And dunno what many people feel, I feel love jihad in some form is prevalent in our society. Rightwingers may exaggerate it and plant some fake stories but I do believe it is there in some form, not just Hindu girls but even Christian girls(Kerala, Karnataka) are prime targets for the peacefuls.

There was a Times Now report last month, June 23-24, exposing ISIS plans to convert people in India, particularly in Kerala

timesnow3.png

timesnow2.png

timesnow.png

This was all on Times Now's main programming between June 23 to 24. 

The thing is, like with the grooming gangs in the UK, most of the girls probably are happy that the guy is being nice/romantic with them. They can be a useless/goonda type, but the girl may never see that side of them. 

Edited by Tibarn

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/over-34600-rape-cases-in-india-delhi-tops-among-union-territories-3004487/

Over 34,600 cases of rape have been reported across the country last year with Madhya Pradesh and Delhi topping the infamous list of states and union territories respectively. A total of 34,651 rape cases were reported in India in 2015. Among these, in 33,098 cases the offenders were known to the victims, as per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data released today.

The rape victims were among the age group of below six years to over 60 years. Madhya Pradesh has reported 4,391 rape cases, a highest among the states. Whereas, the national capital has reported 2,199 such cases–highest among the union territories.

Nearly 3.27 lakh cases of crimes against women were reported across the country. Of these over 1.3 lakh were sexual offences–1.2 lakh in states and 9,445 in union territories. The sexual offences cases included rape, attempt to commit rape, assault on women with intent to outrage her modesty and insult to modesty of women.

Among the rape cases, Maharashtra reported 4,144 such incidents. A total of 3,644 and 3,025 rapes were reported in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, the data said.

As many as 2,251 rape cases were reported in Odisha, Assam (1,733), Chhattisgarh (1,560), 1,256 in Kerala, West Bengal registered 1,129, 1,070 in Haryana and 1,041 in Bihar, it said.

Among the union territories, 72 rape cases were reported in Chandigarh, 36 in Andaman and Nicobar Island, eight in Dadar and Nagar Haveli, five in Daman and Diu and three Puducherry. No such crime was reported in Lakshawdeep.

Of the total sexual offences against women, Maharashtra reported a highest of 16,989 cases, 12,887 in Madhya Pradesh and 11,343 in Uttar Pradesh. As many as 9,359 such offences were reported in Odisha, 8,873 in Rajasthan, 8,274 in West Bengal, 8,049 in Andhra Pradesh and 6,044 in Telangana.

Chhattisgarh reported 3,500 such cases, 1,743 in Gujarat, 1,738 in Bihar and 270 in Goa. Among the north eastern states, Assam reported a highest of 6,636 sexual offences against women, followed by 609 in Tripura, 231 such cases in Meghalaya, 186 in Arunachal Pradesh, 141 in Mizoram, 133 in Manipur, 53 in Nagaland and 29 such crimes in Sikkim.

Punjab has reported 2,164 cases, 1,633 in Tamil Nadu, 737 in Himachal Pradesh and 623 in Uttarakhand.

Among the union territories, Delhi has reported 9,104 sexual offences against women, followed by 164 in Chandigarh, 98 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, 47 in Puducherry, 13 in Dadar and Nagar Haveli, 12 in Daman and Diu and seven in Lakshawdeep, the data said.

In the category of states that reported criminal cases against women, a total of 35,527 were in Uttar Pradesh, 33,218 in West Bengal, 31,126 in Maharashtra, 28,165 in Rajasthan, 24, 135 in Madhya Pradesh, 23,258 in Assam and 15,931 in Andhra Pradesh, it said.

Among union territories, a total of 17,845 cases of crime against women were registered. Of these, 17,104 were in Delhi alone, 463 in Chandigarh, 136 in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, 80 in Puducherry, 28 in Daman and Diu, 25 in Dadar and Nagar Haveli, and nine in Lakshawdeep.

A total of 3,37,922 cases of crime against women were reported in 2014.

Dude what is our population? Rape per capita should be the measure. Obviously Fiji will have less rapes than India/China. What is it that you want to convey in this thread?

Check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

India has one of the lowest rape rates across the world. Even if we account for those not brought to the attention of authorities(common everywhere) we will still be much better than many other countries. 

South Korea, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Australia, Netherlands, USA all are more advanced than us, all have higher rapes/100k count. 

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Dude what is our population? Rape per capita should be the measure. Obviously Fiji will have less rapes than India/China. What is it that you want to convey in this thread?

Check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

India has one of the lowest rape rates across the world. Even if we account for those not brought to the attention of authorities(common everywhere) we will still be much better than many other countries. 

South Korea, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Belgium, Australia, Netherlands, USA all are more advanced than us, all have higher rapes/100k count. 

Don't agree with the rape per capita. They have to be looked in totality. However more than the India number, it is the split of the states we need to look at. Barring Delhi, police security is a state subject.

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Wow...aise case itne jyada register hote hain!!!

What do you mean aise kaie register hote hain .Its a law that you cannot have sex with GF if you ever said her about marriage and later you go back track even if you doesn't she can still say that and drag you court.Raoe despite being very henious has also become a joke that's why conviction rate is low

Edited by Singh bling

2 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

What do you mean aise kaie register hote hain .Its a law that you cannot have sex with GF if you ever said her about marriage and later you go back track even if you doesn't she can still say that and drag you court.Raoe despite being very henious has also become a joke that's why conviction rate is low

Rape ka case kaise hua bhai? Jhooth bol kar sex karna rape hota hai?

Saale c****** hain wo log aur policewale jinhone aise case as a rape case register kiye.

The actual numbers (reported + unreported) could be more horrifing

There is a cultural change needed. The word rape is also so casually and jokingly used in Ind

For any nation to become a force, discilipine, ethics, respect for planet, etc., are required 

Just now, zen said:

The actual numbers (reported + unreported) could be more horrifing

There is a cultural change needed. The word rape is also so casually and jokingly used in Ind

For any nation to become a force, discilipine, ethics, respect for planet, etc., are required 

USA's per capita carbon emissions says alot about its 'respect for planet', doesn't it?

6 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Rape ka case kaise hua bhai? Jhooth bol kar sex karna rape hota hai?

Saale c****** hain wo log aur policewale jinhone aise case as a rape case register kiye.

Bhai pahale kanoon pad lo fir police waalon ko kosana. agar tum aur main bhee police mein hote to case darj karte

Rape charges apply if consent was given on false promise of marriage”

author-deafault.png

: Lower courts cannot refuse to frame charges under Section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code just because the complainant (prosecutrix) had admitted that she consented for sexual intercourse with the accused because he promised to marry her, the Madras High Court Bench here has held.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/rape-charges-apply-if-consent-was-given-on-false-promise-of-marriage/article2905648.ece

2 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

USA's per capita carbon emissions says alot about its 'respect for planet', doesn't it?

Not apples to apples

Ind population is more than 4 times that of US so Ind has no leeway when it comes to even thinking about matching emissions per capita with US. If Ind matches US per capita levels, it will be disaster 

US has a larger land area too. So 2 ppl having higher emissions in 2 rooms is better than say 4 ppl having same emissions in 1 room. 2nd scenario is more suffocating 

Other aspects of the planet including clean river systems, etc., are much better in USA

12 hours ago, G_B_ said:

I think rape per capita is a misleading stat as probably majority of rape cases not reported.

So realistically you need to multiply the rape rate by 10 to get a true number.

OK. But even if we multiply by 10 we will be better off than many developed/more advanced countries. Check the table here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

USA, Belgium, NZ, Australia, South Africa, Sweden, Caribbean countries all have rape rates more than 10 times that of India at present. 

Sometimes I feel all these India rape stories are a smear campaign by certain vested interests. They can't tolerate the rise of the developing countries. So they try to put down achievements of these countries. For them China is a human rights offender and Chinese are unhappy people, India is a rape centre, South Africa is crime capital and Brazil is drug haven. While all these may be true to some degree, but nowhere near what they claim. 

46 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Yes, never agree with per capita when it doesn't suit your agenda. Always look for 'totality'.

Looking at the 'totality' as you suggest, India is richer than most european nations and Australia. Agree?

Money earning and rape cannot be compared. What as per you is my agenda. How did you come to know my agenda. Look at it anyway, the sufferings of women do not go down. You seem too worried about reputations. More than rapist we are known as a poor country. There is a fear of rape also. Clients who travel to India ask how safe it is, which places to avoid to not get raped.

Edited by Haarkarjeetgaye

12 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

GTFO here wanting me to explain your agenda. Nobody here is blind to that.

Now back to your comical post. Your anecdotal point about your fictional clients not wanting to visit India counts for a big fat zilch. Your rant about money earning and rape not being comparable is hilarious because NOBODY said they are. What is comparable is the COUNTING methodology, and both crime and wealth are UNIVERSALLY counted on a per capita basis. I mean, what do you even do with your life? With such basic illiteracy, you won't qualify for the job of a chapraasi.

I thought of taking up this opportunity to teach you a few things about how stats are collated and interpreted, but it would be a waste. Nevertheless, generous as I am, here's a homework for you to improve your critical thinking faculty. Go and look up countries with a per capita income and inequality index similar to India and tell me how India fares with them when it comes to crime, specifically rape. As an additional exercise, look up the global tourism and travel ranking of countries and tell me how many countries with a per capital income similar to India are ranked above us.

NB: Remember not to trust data from perverse islamic countries because their law of allah mandates women need three witnesses to prove rape, and failing that, women themselves become liable to punishment for extra marital relationships. We are talking about civilized countries and democracies like India. :smile:

Please post my agenda if you know. From what you are typing, you only know how to abuse people. Each and every crime needs to be reduced, hence par capita makes no sense when it comes to crime. Even in the case of money, per capita is useless in my opinion because it is a hypothetical stat. 1pc may own 99 pc of the wealth. My client is fictional. Let's ask if someone else has come across their client asking this question. If not, please PM and I will get you talking to my client and then come back here and share your experience. As for stats, you have to be really good to beat me at it. We will have a competition on that some day.

now if you can write a couple of points on how the number can be reduced, that will add some value. As per stats till now in this post, you are worthless 

14 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Why do you keep begging me to post yaar? Like I said, everyone on this forum knows your agenda. That's enough.

Each and every crime needs to be reduced, and that reduction can only be measured on a per capita basis. Like increase in wealth is measured in per capita basis. It will make no sense to anyone who's numerically illiterate.

Yes, 1 percent may own 99 percent of wealth. Which is why I SPECIFICALLY mentioned inequality index. Can you even read what I write?

No thanks. It's bad enough that I indulge you on this forum.

No thank you. I'll keep embarrassing your comical posts though where apparently per capita crime rate is 'wrong'. :hysterical:

:hysterical:

You still haven't posted my agenda. Everyone on the forum please post my agenda. I don't know my agenda but everyone here does as per this dud. 

I read the inequality index. It was in your second post not the first post when you said India is a rich country.

now can you put the inequality index to rape also?  It's all stats only? It's one single person who gets raped. Rape like money cannot be divided across people. 

Even on year to year basis per capita rape may go down because the population increases. Anything to celebrate if the actual number of cases have gone up.

nevertheless  I see that you chickened out on every question I asked. Losers in life do that often. Stats prove so. 

if ever any of your near dear ones get raped throw these statistics to your near dear one. Everyone's agenda you already know but ask your near dear one also about the agenda after the rape. Good luck.