My transition from ESPNCricinfo is almost complete

In the lunch report for the Ashes 5th test, titled "Rain holds up Australia pursuit of victory" by David Hopps, he called India's continued non-usage of DRS "perverse". While I find these sentiments quite in sync with mine, I still feel that this was not the place to air them. It felt completely out-of-place and peevish as well. In my opinion, it is authorial blunders like these that are robbing Cricinfo of its previous charm (in the early and mid 2000s).

For me even cricinfo regular site (non mobile site) is not exactly blazing speed. It loads, then all the text disappears for 2-3 agonizing seconds. All I see are pictures everywhere. I don't care for pictures, I want articles. Then the text reappears. Then I click on a live scorecards, but by the time the click has registered, the page have jumped to somewhere else, and I realize I've clicked on the wrong link. And so I have to click on the back button. And then once again the page loads, and the the text disappears for another 2-3 agonizing seconds. This time I try and look around for interesting articles. Nothing. I don't care about the silly article about gully cricket in a tiny Himalyan town. I don't care to watch Sharda Ugra and Gaurav Kalra's bland analysis of BCCI's latest announcement. Nor do I care to read another Ravi Shastri press conference where he's bullish about the future. And I've never considered myself to be sexist. But I'm definitely not interested in reading that article where the vice captain of the Sri Lankan women's team is complaining about the lack of interest for women's cricket. I'm also not going to click that "Page 2" humorless attempts at humor by Andy Zaltzman and Jarod Kimber. I don't find it funny. Maybe it's because it doesn't appeal to my unsophisticated Indian sense of humor. Maybe because cricket is something very serious for me, and mixing cricket and comedy is frustrating for me. **** cricinfo.

For me even cricinfo regular site (non mobile site) is not exactly blazing speed. It loads, then all the text disappears for 2-3 agonizing seconds. All I see are pictures everywhere. I don't care for pictures, I want articles. Then the text reappears. Then I click on a live scorecards, but by the time the click has registered, the page have jumped to somewhere else, and I realize I've clicked on the wrong link. And so I have to click on the back button. And then once again the page loads, and the the text disappears for another 2-3 agonizing seconds. **** cricinfo.
have experienced this.. Looks like its intended to ensure higher page clicks for more ad rates
For me even cricinfo regular site (non mobile site) is not exactly blazing speed. It loads, then all the text disappears for 2-3 agonizing seconds. All I see are pictures everywhere. I don't care for pictures, I want articles. Then the text reappears. Then I click on a live scorecards, but by the time the click has registered, the page have jumped to somewhere else, and I realize I've clicked on the wrong link. And so I have to click on the back button. And then once again the page loads, and the the text disappears for another 2-3 agonizing seconds. This time I try and look around for interesting articles. Nothing. I don't care about the silly article about gully cricket in a tiny Himalyan town. I don't care to watch Sharda Ugra and Gaurav Kalra's bland analysis of BCCI's latest announcement. Nor do I care to read another Ravi Shastri press conference where he's bullish about the future. And I've never considered myself to be sexist. But I'm definitely not interested in reading that article where the vice captain of the Sri Lankan women's team is complaining about the lack of interest for women's cricket. I'm also not going to click that "Page 2" humorless attempts at humor by Andy Zaltzman and Jarod Kimber. I don't find it funny. Maybe it's because it doesn't appeal to my unsophisticated Indian sense of humor. Maybe because cricket is something very serious for me, and mixing cricket and comedy is frustrating for me. **** cricinfo.
The loading speed might be due to your internet connection. It loads within 1-2 seconds on my connection. They have a lot of pictures and videos on the home page though which might be taking time to load. For the articles it depends on what you are looking for. The match reports are insightful and there are lots of articles on Sangakkara and Clarke. They have a list of all the Sangakkara articles too at http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/911237.html
The loading speed might be due to your internet connection. It loads within 1-2 seconds on my connection. They have a lot of pictures and videos on the home page though which might be taking time to load. For the articles it depends on what you are looking for. The match reports are insightful and there are lots of articles on Sangakkara and Clarke. They have a list of all the Sangakkara articles too at http://www.espncricinfo.com/srilanka/content/story/911237.html
Yes, the speed does come into play. Regd the articles, they are a mixed bunch now... used to be rather better in the past.

I do not understand how any self-respecting Indian still uses their site. There are few here who proudly say they still use cricinfo. But it is extremely clear cricinfo is least interested in Indian folks and everything they have is geared towards a western audience. And add their feud with BCCI, their sly remarks at Indian players, on IPL and everything else Indian. Their language, jokes, inside remarks are all geared at Western audiences. So why would Indians still use the site? It is like in the British times restaurants would have a no dogs or Indians allowed signs and yet some Indians going there to prove how white they are.

I do not understand how any self-respecting Indian still uses their site. There are few here who proudly say they still use cricinfo. But it is extremely clear cricinfo is least interested in Indian folks and everything they have is geared towards a western audience. And add their feud with BCCI, their sly remarks at Indian players, on IPL and everything else Indian. Their language, jokes, inside remarks are all geared at Western audiences. So why would Indians still use the site? It is like in the British times restaurants would have a no dogs or Indians allowed signs and yet some Indians going there to prove how white they are.
In a cricket site, I don't necessarily look for a pro-India stance. I hate the BCCI, and I'm glad Cricinfo is willing to criticize the way BCCI functions. I find the IPL uninteresting, and Cricinfo echoes these views of mine. Some of the Indian players that Cricinfo criticizes deserve some of that criticism. Indian players get enough blind godly worship in India. But my complaints have to do with the poor design and navigational mess that the site is, and with the uninteresting topics of any of the articles. I don't need to see 100 pictures and videos taking up all the space on the front page. I don't have any interest in reading about Cricinfo staff's visit to the Cricket Cafe in Colombo or their visit to some village in the Swiss Alps where British ex-pats play cricket on snow covered mountains. Just seems like the Cricinfo staff has these holidays on the pretext of work. I want more articles based on opinions, analysis, serious interviews with players etc. The Cricket Monthly seems like a step in the right direction.
Legacy. Many of us have been using CI since the mid 90s. Anti India stuff sells, even Indians go there to read controversial stuff. Don't you think Nohit threads are popular here even though Nohit is not so popular? As kosingh said I too don't look for a necessarily pro India stance in a website. I take in whatever I read through my left ear and filter out whatever I don't like through my right ear. CI is not out and out anti India though.
Legacy. Many of us have been using CI since the mid 90s. Anti India stuff sells' date=' even Indians go there to read controversial stuff. Don't you think Nohit threads are popular here even though Nohit is not so popular? As kosingh said I too don't look for a necessarily pro India stance in a website. I take in whatever I read through my left ear and filter out whatever I don't like through my right ear. CI is not out and out anti India though.[/quote'] I don't like the current interface all that much. Regd what you said, it's quite true that CI is not anti-India in a monolithic sense; but there are some authors who may be termed as such.