Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Nohit Kuruma is not a long term option for us. Just a useless bully in flat pitches and his fans just show us those useless runs (which given  his long rope, nvm), and honestly we need to move on from this Nohit to giving option to others to build our long term team.

Longest rope ever, and is still a :fail:

Cant blame lolit in odis, averaging 50 in last three years, 2013, 14, 15. He wont make my test xi though.

^ Ya'll forget he can only score on flat tracks. Long term this will hurt us. Need to find a quality batsman who can bat reliably for us.

Scored 2 100s in Australia. Runs in England, runs in WI not on flat tracks.

Good knock...but aided by small boundaries.

Boundaries were same for everyone. Abdv too.

I was never a great fan of Rohit Sharma, the only thing that made me think serious about Rohit was opinions of great players like Sachin Tendulkar and Sunil Gavaskar about a decade before.

His initial streak of matches as a lower order batsman was a dissappointment. But since he started opening the innings we saw a dramatic change in his performance. Today he is unagruably one of the best batsman we have in our team now . He has a combination of touch-play and stroke-play, can be a accumulator or can be a slogger when he feels to change the gear.

The attached picture shows the stats of openers with minimum 1000 runs.

Surprisingly Rohit is on 2nd position in best bat average with respectable S/R.

Does this means India's long search of a quality opening batsman after sachin's retirement came to end???

1232.jpg

Edited by paragkn

I know people might laugh at me but I still believe Rohit will be more dangerous if he bats at 4. At present we have problem with power hitters in the lower order. MSD passed it, Rayudu -Rahane are duds and if Raina fails there are no one to score runs. With Rohit coming at 4 he can give impetus to the innings. Mind you he also bats at 4 for Mumbai Indians.

Open with Mayank Agarwal & Dhawan

kohli at 3

Sharma 4

Dhoni & Raina 5 & 6 respectively

Jadeja at 7

Now thats a strong side.

Opening the batting is a very different responsibility. Some players love the role and perform better at that position. No.4 and No.3 positions are crucial spots but Opener's job needs a special kind of attitude ( 'Sanak' in Hindi). Be it Sachin, Gavaskar, Sehwag, Dilshaan or Warner Every good opener has it, Rohit has it. He wont flourish as a middle oredre batsman like he is flourishing as a opener. Remember even Sachin was under-performer when he was asked to bat down the order.

Edited by paragkn

What? Runs in WI, runs in England, runs in Australia. They are not Asia, I guess.

Let us forget his disastrous tours of RSA(where he couldn't touch a single ball of Steyn and was made to look like a complete clown) and NZ and focus on the 3 countries you mentioned.

WI- those pitches are like SC ones. Gone are the days when the ball used to whiz past the ears of batsmen. It is more difficult against spinners than against pacers and Rohit opening the batting doesn't have to worry about that. Also any half decent swing/seam bowler would have caused him lots of headache there. WI and Lanka had none but still credit to him.

Eng- Did the pitches in CT 2013 resemble typical English pitches? As far as I can remember they were on the flattish side whilst providing enough turn to keep Ashwin and Jadeja interested. England doctored the pitches keeping in mind the Ashes to enable Swann and it helped us too.

Aus- Great knocks in CB series finals(2008), against BD in QF and Aus in MCG. Otherwise his record is forgettable. Especially this WC Aus rolled out the flattest decks in cricketing history and with the ICC rules in favor of batsmen he could have done better.

I am not a hater of Rohit in ODIs/T20. For me he is Nohit only in the ultimate format of the game. I call it the way I see it and in my eyes he is mediocre outside Asia. He can prove me wrong and I will be extremely happy if he does. It is in India's best interests if he fires because then we would win a few more matches in those countries.

Let us forget his disastrous tours of RSA(where he couldn't touch a single ball of Steyn and was made to look like a complete clown) and NZ and focus on the 3 countries you mentioned.

WI- those pitches are like SC ones. Gone are the days when the ball used to whiz past the ears of batsmen. It is more difficult against spinners than against pacers and Rohit opening the batting doesn't have to worry about that. Also any half decent swing/seam bowler would have caused him lots of headache there. WI and Lanka had none but still credit to him.

Eng- Did the pitches in CT 2013 resemble typical English pitches? As far as I can remember they were on the flattish side whilst providing enough turn to keep Ashwin and Jadeja interested. England doctored the pitches keeping in mind the Ashes to enable Swann and it helped us too.

Aus- Great knocks in CB series finals(2008), against BD in QF and Aus in MCG. Otherwise his record is forgettable. Especially this WC Aus rolled out the flattest decks in cricketing history and with the ICC rules in favor of batsmen he could have done better.

I am not a hater of Rohit in ODIs/T20. For me he is Nohit only in the ultimate format of the game. I call it the way I see it and in my eyes he is mediocre outside Asia. He can prove me wrong and I will be extremely happy if he does. It is in India's best interests if he fires because then we would win a few more matches in those countries.

Did you even watch those matches in West Indies? First watch then talk.

In SA odis, no batsman did anything.

Let me tell you, there isn't a single batsman who wont struggle on bowling friendly tracks especially if a bowler is Steyn. There is a reason we have never done well in SA in ODIs.

Even Dravid has a mediocre record there.