Rohit Sharma return to action Red carpet thread

maniac

On September 22, 2016 at 5:26 PM, maniac said:

Rohit is already 13 in the most 6's hit by a Indian batsman in tests,he is done that in 19 tests

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=sixes;team=6;template=results;type=batting

2 More 6's and he will overtake Yuvraj,Dravid,Amarnath and Shastri.

6's Per innings he is probably right up there.

He is the only player who has >1.0 6 per match stat and that too after 19 games

Now moves to 10th position in the all time list :aha:.....6 more 6s and he will be at no.8

and that too his career has just begun :ohmy: 

3 consecutive 50s in 3 consecutive tests+ an impact 44 in West Indies...folks Rohit has cemented his spot :yay:

also to add 2 of the 50s were unbeaten which means could have been 2 potential 300s 

Rohit is the X factor in so many ways....the way batsman above him bat responsibly so that they can set a platform for him to take the game away is a factor that cannot be ignored.

already a perfect 10 for his performance so far.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

3 consecutive 50s in 3 consecutive tests+ an impact 44 in West Indies...folks Rohit has cemented his spot :yay:

also to add 2 of the 50s were unbeaten which means could have been 2 potential 300s 

Rohit is the X factor in so many ways....the way batsman above him bat responsibly so that they can set a platform for him to take the game away is a factor that cannot be ignored.

already a perfect 10 for his performance so far.

If any ICF-er had a doubt whether you are trolling No--hit or really a crazy supporter - then this post is the final proof :) haha, lets appoint maniac to the Head of the Anti-Rohit club and rightly so :)

Edited by fineleg

ok new ultimatum again....Rohit has earned 5-7 more tests based on his previous showings obviously but time has come he is motivated enough to showcase his bowling skills otherwise there will be some questions raised.

Time to get those Graeme Swanesque revs ready to bamboozle the best in the business

Yes, Rohit can only replace someone from top 5 only in the team and bat at his position and that is only if someone in top 5 is injured or badly out of form.

Bringing him back at no.6 now will be spoiling this combination which is going really well for us. It is giving our team a better chsnce of taking 20 wickets. The 5th bowler is really not just for the name there in the list. He is actually taking wickets and scoring at a pretty good average too, even though it is still early in his career. 

Even if our 5th bowler is not able to chip in with 20-30 everytime, it is still worth having him around the team instead of Rohit or some other batsmen, considering we will be using him well as a bowler to get us breakthroughs

You guys haven't seen Rohit's off spin have you...2 words World Class

Let me take you on a dream journey....close your eyes.......Imagine on a bouncy pitch with no lateral movement and Rohit batting on 130+ and the slog overs are on and in comes a half volley......can you imagine the beautiful combinations and scenarios possible in your head...it is almost like an LSD Trip.

Now that is how his bowling and off spin is like

Just when he has earned his stripes in the test format and passed the ultimatum in flying colors...there is debate on who should replace him :wall:

Will he be in time for the Bangladesh series(:drool:) or even better his fav opponents that he bashes oh so often the Aussies.

This is going to be a Rohit comeback watch thread,going forward.

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Just when he has earned his stripes in the test format and passed the ultimatum in flying colors...there is debate on who should replace him :wall:

Will he be in time for the Bangladesh series(:drool:) or even better his fav opponents that he bashes oh so often the Aussies.

This is going to be a Rohit comeback watch thread,going forward.

Lol, debate is only as to whether to play Rahane or Nair at no.5. Rohit's spot has fortunately been sealed by Jayant Yadav.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

The king has to wait for some LOI series because he is definitely not playing another test match for a while. 

Hi tics...hey real quick ...did you know Ritika Sajdeh now mrs. Rohit Sharma is actually punjabi with potential Delhi roots.

This post is not off topic at all...just so you would know...something to keep in mind for any future posts on this thread :phehe:

Now let us see...why do you think he doesn't deserve to be in the test side after averaging 80 last series?

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hi tics...hey real quick ...did you know Ritika Sajdeh now mrs. Rohit Sharma is actually punjabi with potential Delhi roots.

This post is not off topic at all...just so you would know...something to keep in mind for any future posts on this thread :phehe:

Now let us see...why do you think he doesn't deserve to be in the test side after averaging 80 last series?

May be squad but you think he deserves to play in the playing x1?

No way. And btw, thank you for sharing his wife's bio with me. You should know too that Rohit is an Indian and plays for India and not Pakistani team that he can walk into the national team just like that. He deserves to walk into ODI, but surely not in test. We have better players currently for test. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

May be squad but you think he deserves to play in the playing x1?

No way. And btw, thank you for sharing his wife's bio with me. You should know too that Rohit is an Indian and plays for India and not Pakistani team that he can walk into the national team just like that. He deserves to walk into ODI, but surely not in test. We have better players currently for test. 

Getting into the squad is an absolute no brainer...here is the guy who averages 80+...has the advantage of bowling over Rahane and Nair and S/R and power hitting over Jayant.Yes heart warming to see a contest for that spot between these players.

do you bench one of our best overseas batsman, do you bench a guy who just scored 300, do you bench a guy who just scored a 100 and can play purely as a bowler or bench a guy who is in the list of most 6s last year...a guy who can bowl very competent off spin...a guy who just averaged 80+ last series and played 2 match winning knocks.

good problems to have I guess.

Just now, maniac said:

Getting into the squad is an absolute no brainer...here is the guy who averages 80+...has the advantage of bowling over Rahane and Nair and S/R and power hitting over Jayant.Yes heart warming to see a contest for that spot between these players.

do you bench one of our best overseas batsman, do you bench a guy who just scored 300, do you bench a guy who just scored a 100 and can play purely as a bowler or bench a guy who is in the list of most 6s last year...a guy who can bowl very competent off spin...a guy who just averaged 80+ last series and played 2 match winning knocks.

good problems to have I guess.

And that is why I said, he should wait for a LOI series instead as he is not going to play any test match for a while. But your plug got unplugged seeing me post about Sharma. Read the post above again. 

Guys... this is it...time has come!!!

before I make a case let me take you on a common childhood memory..that individual in your classroom-who would always be naughty, wouldn't have a care in the world,will watch movies the night of the exam and has a casual attitude and still manage to be in the top tier.

i am not talking about the student who is just not gifted or does the hard work, I am not talking about the super intelligent and super studious types but the guy you know if he even puts in that little effort will be unreachable.

yes that is the guy and in this context his name is Rohit Sharma!!!

time to call and him and give him a final ultimatum-these 3 tests. That is the kick he needs right now.

the guy averages 80+ in his last series but that is not the point here.

Aussies are bringing it and we need to play fire with fire.

Need to tell rohit that his injuries will be taken care off and he needs to bust out those swanesque off spinners too.

its high time...there is an opening and we need to unleash our maverick secret weapon.

A guy who showed the world 250 can happen as an individual score...miracles can happen twice...offspinners can take hat tricks in t20.

Yes we need him....time to end this okeefe guy's career.

hate the playa don't hate the game...the disdain some of you might have for me or for rohit is clouding your judgement.

take a deep breath and think for a moment in isolation...an SOS needs to be send out right now.

o rohit where a'rthou 

Edited by maniac