Mohd Amir Potential Intl comeback-what's your take?

maniac

In the 70s, 80s, 90s, Pak cricket was more professional, despite mishaps then too. Something went especially wrong in the last 10-12 years. Although I don't want India to have anything to do with Pak, I sincerely hope that Pakistan as a country in general and as a cricket team is able to restore some long lost respect in the world.

I had hoped they'd turn things around when that buffoon Ijaz Butt was replaced. But things are exactly like they were in his tenure. 

It is pathetic that Pakistani fans are craving for Amir's return to international cricket.Where does it say just because he served his ban he is entitled to come back into the team.I applaud Hafeez and Azhar Ali to show some character and integrity by not wanting to play with a match fixer.

I am not surprised by majority of Pakistanis wanting this guy back into team, as Pakistani cricket team/90%Fans never placed importance on things like morality, character  and values.Cheating has been ingrained in their culture.

BCCI has its evils but one thing I applaud BCCI it never let any match fixers play for Indian team again.

Amir deserves a second chance to earn his living but it cannot be representing country whose honor he sold it for money.let him play these first class cricket and T-20 leagues if they want him, but playing for a nation should not be an option.Why are these guys who are craving for his return not craving for other two players.

It is pathetic that Pakistani fans are craving for Amir's return to international cricket.Where does it say just because he served his ban he is entitled to come back into the team.I applaud Hafeez and Azhar Ali to show some character and integrity by not wanting to play with a match fixer.

I am not surprised by majority of Pakistanis wanting this guy back into team, as Pakistani cricket team/90%Fans never placed importance on things like morality, character  and values.Cheating has been ingrained in their culture.

BCCI has its evils but one thing I applaud BCCI it never let any match fixers play for Indian team again.

Amir deserves a second chance to earn his living but it cannot be representing country whose honor he sold it for money.let him play these first class cricket and T-20 leagues if they want him, but playing for a nation should not be an option.Why are these guys who are craving for his return not craving for other two players.

They have got no shame whatsoever.

Just imagined, if he bowls a no ball genuinely in a match, immediately some will think that it was intentional. That is horrible. Even their fans will be iffy if he has a bad day bowling. I don't know how he can completely be accepted in the team.

Wow - his "holier than thou" attitude is shocking to me to say he least.

If he has had such a principled stance, he should have shunned his Pakistani citizenship long long ago, given the fact that probably the guy living across the street from him is a Jihadist, his neighbor is probably a Terrorist and the guy living behind his house is a Murderer.

Edited by BlackMamba

They have got no shame whatsoever.

Just imagined, if he bowls a no ball genuinely in a match, immediately some will think that it was intentional. That is horrible. Even their fans will be iffy if he has a bad day bowling. I don't know how he can completely be accepted in the team.

Even the so called great Imran Khan, who bent rules himself for his convenience is saying Amir should be allowed back.This guy admitted himself he used coke bottle tops in county matches  to tamper ball but wants everyone to believe that it was his talent alone which got him all those wickets in tests.Cheater is a cheater it does not matter it is test match or country cricket.

There are very few cardinal rules in sports but once they are broken they no longer remain a sport.Match fixing or gambling on any sport by a player is one of them.

What is this crap since he confessed he should be allowed back, what is appalling is that they are even having this debate.It sends the youth such a wrong message.

I am actually loving this drama and circus :cheer: 

Pakistan cricket is fun

Agree,just when I thought this drama is mellowing then came the news of Yasir...I guess Pakistan cricket is the biggest reality show in world,their actual cricket is just a side show :)

It's even merrier when you cross the border lmao :

Give lifetime bans for any sort of fixing- match fixing or spot fixing. I would be in favor of that.

But if we are giving bans for only a certain number of years for smaller offenses, I think you have to allow cricketers back once the ban has been served. 

I think ICC gave the ban whereas PCB will be selecting Amir in the Pakistan Cricket team. 

Just as   physically unfit cricketers are eligible for selection under the ICC rules but the individual countries don't select them because that would be detrimental to their own team's interest.....choosing a morally  unfit cricketer should follow the same logic. It would be detrimental to the interests of individual countries although legal.

I personally have no problem if Amir is selected....just curious as to why PCB would want a cricketer in their team who has the propensity to let down his own team. It is not a legal or moral issue but an impractical step.

So he is back

yep back from a ban from corruption.

now just need hafeez bowling after a ban from chucking

and yasir after a ban from doping

and Asif and butt after a ban from fixing

and may be some other mercurial talent that are probably incarcerated somewhere and 

voila back to some glorious days of Pakistani cricketing dominance