India squad for Australia ODIs/T20s RELEASED

FischerTal

Decent squad but disappointed with pandya being left out of the odis,whats the use of picking axar patel when you already have picked jadeja? Already 2 spinners are there and even gurkeerat so what's the need of axar ? There was absolutely no need to take those many spinners in aus,they will easily pluck runs of the 20 overs bowled by spinners ,its a graveyard for spinners!! 

Should have rather picked mishra/chahal if they wanted variety.

Rishi dhawan over Binny is a small upgrade ,it'll be upto dhoni to play him as the bowling ar or jadeja  

The lower order hitting problem still remains though ,pandya could have been a solution,maybe try gurkeerat over jadeja @#7 

I think the mumbai odi against saf was the final nail in the coffin for the trundlers ,hopefully the selectors and dhoni have realized that trundlers are absolutely hopeless in the grand scheme of things but its surprising they have left out even booby.

dhoni always prefers a slow pacer who can keep things tight but this time they have totally cut the crap!! Maybe dhoni trusts Pishant to fill that role

Decent squad but disappointed with pandya being left out of the odis,whats the use of picking axar patel when you already have picked jadeja? Already 2 spinners are there and even gurkeerat so what's the need of axar ? There was absolutely no need to take those many spinners in aus,they will easily pluck runs of the 20 overs bowled by spinners ,its a graveyard for spinners!! 

Should have rather picked mishra/chahal if they wanted variety.

Rishi dhawan over Binny is a small upgrade ,it'll be upto dhoni to play him as the bowling ar or jadeja  

The lower order hitting problem still remains though ,pandya could have been a solution,maybe try gurkeerat over jadeja @#7 

Axar Patel has become to Dhoni today what Jadeja used to be in the past.  

i wanted aniket too but ishant can get job done. Bumrah too short for aus pitches. Hardik might get t20 game but highly unlikely. Iyer will have to wait a while

Bumrah is taller than Shami, BK, Yadav. Aniket is probably injured. Rishi Dhawan's exploit with the bat have worked for him. He batted at 5 for HP in VH trophy, scored 100 too.

Rishi Dhawan is a joke. Rubbish rubbish player. Medicore quality. Worse than Binny .

You heard it first here. Trust me.

Also...he is a player in making....

I could see lot of improvement in him from last 2 years....

Right now, his contribution might be limited but he has potential to be decent / avg contributor in ODI side (Esp is played out of sub-continent)

Some very poor choices : Dhawan (both formats), Darty, Axar (Why do we need 4 spinners in Australia?), Rahane (ODI).

I would've preferred Yuvraj for ODIs as well. All in all happy to see no more trundlers. But I am worried about Dhoni's captaincy, as our fast bowlers usually fail under him. He's just too addicted to his trundlers brigade.  

Some very poor choices : Dhawan (both formats), Darty, Axar (Why do we need 4 spinners in Australia?), Rahane (ODI).

I would've preferred Yuvraj for ODIs as well. All in all happy to see no more trundlers. But I am worried about Dhoni's captaincy, as our fast bowlers usually fail under him. He's just too addicted to his trundlers brigade.  

I agree...Axar and Bhajji are poor choices and so is S.Dhawan especially in T20s.

But Rahane is very essential in Australian ODIs where his technique against pace and bounce will be needed especially if there is a batting collapse. Also. in the last ODI series against SA, Rahane scored 3 half centuries and a 45....and looks like an improved 50 over player in the last 6 months

Can't  comment about Yuvraj selection. But once Roger Binny is gone as selector Junior Binny was also finally dropped. Talking about nepotism.

Also leg spinners can succeed better in Aus than off spinners. So disappointed not to see Amit Mishra in ODIs. He could have replaced Axar Patel.

If selectors thought that Amit is poor choice for ODI's based on fitness and fielding skills.......they should have tried new brigade of leg-spinners who have done wonderfully well in Ranji's (Punjab leggie ...Ladda...., one more leggie who is turning the ball by miles....can't remember the name and there were few more)

Surprisingly a good number of leggies were performing really well in Ranji's...as compared to previous editions)

If selectors thought that Amit is poor choice for ODI's based on fitness and fielding skills.......they should have tried new brigade of leg-spinners who have done wonderfully well in Ranji's (Punjab leggie ...Ladda...., one more leggie who is turning the ball by miles....can't remember the name and there were few more)

Surprisingly a good number of leggies were performing really well in Ranji's...as compared to previous editions)

Samar Quadri and Sarabjit Ladda need to be groomed. Both get fast and distinct turn off the track and Quadri turns it really big.

Selectors should get out of the ...same old same old cycle .....especially as far as spinners and leg spinners are concerned.