Abhishek Sharma from Punjab. Special Talent ?

nsareen

47 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Age group performances are not a true indicator of future potential. First up, there is the sad fact that nepotism is rife at that level in domestics, leading to varying level opposition. Also, some players simply tend to develop late, and a lot of youngsters plateau. Lastly, innate ability or talent matters a lot at this stage, but lack of mental toughness and right attitude would have many of them wither away later. 

woow...such an insightful post......

we have seen so many youngsters who didn't make it to next level, even-thought shown lot of potential in U19 level

Age group performances are not a true indicator of future potential. First up, there is the sad fact that nepotism is rife at that level in domestics, leading to varying level opposition. Also, some players simply tend to develop late, and a lot of youngsters plateau. Lastly, innate ability or talent matters a lot at this stage, but lack of mental toughness and right attitude would have many of them wither away later. 

I'm not sure the intent of the post? If it's an awareness that age group kids wither away, that's common knowledge, what we are discussing is the remarkable feats a youngster has achieved, not saying he is the future or master blaster, but is in the right direction.

Moreover from age group cricket one or two definitely make a name for themselves, I've been following age group since 2004. If not national team, some of them have become kings of Ranji.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/6/2016 at 3:44 PM, PBN said:

Good to see. Punjab has usually done well in the younger age level tournaments.  there was another kid, Shubman Gill who was scoring heavily.  Anmolpreet is another who is now playing in the u19 WC.  These kids need proper coaching to be able to transition properly onto the Ranjis and beyond.  a lot of talent is lost in the transition

first mention of shubman on ICF :hail:

anmolpreet had great ranji season as well

let's see how these kids go from here

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Did you praise Unadkat back then? So you praise deliberately? Just to jinx them...lol

Why should I jinx them yaar? I just said not to over rate that player before see his international performances similar like what happened to unadkat story.

19 hours ago, Lala said:

. So don't hype much. :cantstop: We don't wanna see another unadkat.

Seriously Lalaji,   who hyped Unadkat  !   I mean serious who  ?      :cantstop:

Unless  " trundler " ,  " useless ",  " who pays 11 crores for this guy  "    etc.   look like hype to you !   :phehe:

Edited by express bowling