England Tour of India November 9 2016 - Feb 1 2017: 5 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s

Laaloo

Kohli says we have given honest pitch. I agree to it

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1072172.html

"I think the pitches have been far more true than the New Zealand series. That is something that I observed immediately. All wickets have been good cricket wickets and we have had to play good cricket to win these three Tests, and none of the matches have been surrendered by the opposition. We have had to work hard for it, and the bowlers have had to work harder in this series, I feel, to get batsmen out and to control the flow of runs as well. We have used more in-out fields in this series than we did in the New Zealand series so it's pretty evident that the wickets have been better."

Kohli was pleased with how India maintained constant pressure because England, he said, were not going to break down on their own. "We have been put under pressure many times," he said. "I think I would give my team a lot of credit for bouncing back from those tough situations. We haven't got anything on the platter. We have had to work hard for it. And it's been a result of constant pressure that we have forced the opposition to make mistakes.

42 minutes ago, Stumped said:

Not entirely sure what the 3 changes should be, the top 7 is basically what it should be for the next test. Unless Broad is fit (although I doubt he'll be risked given the series situation) then the only change I see is one of Woakes or Ball out for Dawson or Ballance.

Ball out for Dawson.  Anderson out for a Batsman.   If they don't believe Duckett or Balance can contribute, get someone else in from Dubai.  These 2 are just obvious.  They should have Buttler Keep instead of Bairstow.  Ali should never bat above Bairstow, he does not belong in the 5 or 6 as a batsman.  Good player, but too streaky, and he will just get unfairly criticized if he bats in the top 6.  

England have muddled up selection and batting order something fierce.  Even Atherton, who I don't consider the sharpest tool, stated the obvious.  You bat your best batsmen top 6, then the allrounders and 'keeper.  Bairstow is the better batsman out of him and Buttler, he belongs in the top 6.  Ali and Buttler can drop down to 7 and 8.  

For a team blessed with a brilliant 'keeper batsman like Bairstow, and two useful allrounders in Stokes and Ali, they keep underachieving due to f@kups in their selection and tactics.  If India had ONE player like Bairstow or Stokes, they would dominate world cricket.  England just keep getting in their own way.  

On 12/8/2016 at 7:08 PM, sandeep said:

Its more likely the other way around.  I would say England has the best ODI batting unit in cricket right now.  

People bet highly on England for the WC as well, but they floundered. 

India has a poor unstable ODI side as well.. With only Kohli being consistent, an ageing Dhoni and injured opening pair don't present a good picture.. If anything, England might get some advantage because of that.