Yes he had a few bad series, but a mistake to have dropped Ian Bell?

fineleg

7 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Loss surely but KP even though is a brilliant player, talks a bit too much. England players didn't like such attitude and he was dropped. KP needed a captain like Dhoni to support him. Strauss and Cook are not those kind.  Cook and Strauss both are wannabe good babies of ECB. Heck, even if KP was in South Africa, I am sure someone like AB would have supported him and kept him calm.  But KP was too blunt and at times naive and hot head and hence was dropped rightly since he was tryig to break the team. No one is bigger than the team. He could not adjust to English cricket team's culture. 

i know, but its unfair that a batsman who could dominate swinging seaming conditions and high quality fast bowling in tests was lost prematurely.

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

I think they are missing James Taylor now more than ever. He was their Rahane with more consistency and was no mug against spin. A top order of Cook, Hameed, Root, Taylor, Stokes, Bairstow would've been an envious one. 

James Taylor averages 26 in test cricket with an SR of 41 after 7 tests. How are they missing him?

On 11/21/2016 at 11:10 PM, Lannister said:

I think they are missing James Taylor now more than ever. He was their Rahane with more consistency and was no mug against spin. A top order of Cook, Hameed, Root, Taylor, Stokes, Bairstow would've been an envious one. 

Taylor had shown a lot of promise, but just on his stats at retirement they weren't that impressive (although they were improving). It seems a bit premature to compare with Rahane, who was averaging 51 before this series, and had scored 95+ scores over many series.

1 hour ago, SLICKR392 said:

LOL!

Rooted for KP, but England are much better without him. No matter how good of a player he might be. Dropping Bell was a mistake, but he is not a great bat in Asia.

Yes to Bell not being great in Asia, but he did well in that 2012 tour

10 hours ago, SLICKR392 said:

Our bowlers were terrible in that series. Don't see him doing well now

Ashwin has done well in 2nd test, poorly in first. Pacers have been good, but not exactly run through the top order (like Broad). Jaddu for me has been a big disappointment both tests, althoug his stats are okay-ish