Republic TV : Arnab Goswami ' s new venture : [update] Launching today May 6th 2017

tweaker

Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL) has filed a criminal complaint against its former employees Arnab Goswami and Prema Sridevi who are now associated with Republic TV on Wednesday morning. The case was filed over the tapes used by the channel regarding Lalu Prasad Yadav and Sunanda Pushkar. 

On 5/9/2017 at 11:13 AM, Gollum said:

Arnab is doing well exposing stuff like Lalu-Shahabuddin tape. But got to say he is very one sided, he never takes on BJP or Modi, always targeting opposition parties. It's as though the daily order comes from PMO about that day's target. But Arnab is no different from NDTV guys who worship the Gandhis and all so called secular parties. Modi sarkar has been absolutely pathetic on many counts, but somehow our desh bhakt channels refrain from highlighting those topics. Got to say UPA sarkars or ABV's NDA never had it this easy with media and journalists. Those times there was proper accountability. Now we are entering an era of unchallenged one party rule and there is no space for dissent/different political ideology/tough questions.

He is not soft on the BJP. Check out his videos on Youtube. There are many where he opposed the BJP.

6 hours ago, Texan said:

He is not soft on the BJP. Check out his videos on Youtube. There are many where he opposed the BJP.

I'm yet to see the Republic TV take on the BJP. Arnab wasn't soft on the BJP, when the BJP was not in power. 

Not surprising that ground realities always outweigh the urge to have a fixed ideology.

9 hours ago, Texan said:

Upto 2015 and early 2016 channels were balanced and use to attack BJP but once they saw Modi popularioty rising particularly after Demo , they stopped questioning BJP and MODi

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I'm yet to see the Republic TV take on the BJP. Arnab wasn't soft on the BJP, when the BJP was not in power. 

Not surprising that ground realities always outweigh the urge to have a fixed ideology.

He started republic tv with a statement, "You have to be nationalist to be a journalist. If you are not a nationalist, you have no business as journalist"

Since everyone blames BJP RSS as nationalist, I doubt he is going to question either for sometime.

3 minutes ago, mishra said:

He started republic tv with a statement, "You have to be nationalist to be a journalist. If you are not a nationalist, you have no business as journalist"

Since everyone blames BJP RSS as nationalist, I doubt he is going to question either for sometime.

What is Nationalism? If you feel your nation is doing , is it anti  national to speak against it.

On May 9, 2017 at 0:13 PM, Gollum said:

Arnab is doing well exposing stuff like Lalu-Shahabuddin tape. But got to say he is very one sided, he never takes on BJP or Modi, always targeting opposition parties. It's as though the daily order comes from PMO about that day's target. But Arnab is no different from NDTV guys who worship the Gandhis and all so called secular parties. Modi sarkar has been absolutely pathetic on many counts, but somehow our desh bhakt channels refrain from highlighting those topics. Got to say UPA sarkars or ABV's NDA never had it this easy with media and journalists. Those times there was proper accountability. Now we are entering an era of unchallenged one party rule and there is no space for dissent/different political ideology/tough questions.

Lol UPA sarkar had scrutiny. Give this guy an award.

Edited by gattaca

24 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

What is Nationalism? If you feel your nation is doing , is it anti  national to speak against it.

LOL. Serious LOL :rofl: Scamgress and CO and their mouthpieces arent anti national. They are driven by democratic values and most important of that being "If every member of society works for himself, Automatically society gets better" Problem was at the time of Independence Scamgressy leaders were so far ahead of the Indian pile, they didnt even realise when their self interest became so much different from societies interest.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I have not seen Republic TV, but wasn't it just launched a month ago or so. There are many videos on Youtube from his past life in TimesNow where he has severely criticized BJP

2 hours ago, mishra said:

LOL. Serious LOL :rofl: Scamgress and CO and their mouthpieces arent anti national. They are driven by democratic values and most important of that being "If every member of society works for himself, Automatically society gets better" Problem was at the time of Independence Scamgressy leaders were so far ahead of the Indian pile, they didnt even realise when their self interest became so much different from societies interest.

Congress is also party in India, I don't support it but still they have following ,this is type of dangerous nationalism I was talking about. , just eliminate opposition by calling them anti national and bring India under 1 party rule.

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

Congress is also party in India, I don't support it but still they have following ,this is type of dangerous nationalism I was talking about. , just eliminate opposition by calling them anti national and bring India under 1 party rule.

So other parties should stop indulging in anti national activities one of them being divide and rule.

40 minutes ago, mishra said:

So other parties should stop indulging in anti national activities one of them being divide and rule.

Insteadi of blaming Congress  , AAP, left , BJP Govt should put those anti nationals in jail.Just raising bogey that opposition is anti national before elections will always mean cheap political shots. Anti nationals shoudl be put in jail, if BJP is not doing this after 3 years then they too are hand in glove with them

^ On what grounds? Unless there is enough groundwork What stops them crying vendetta and how court punishes them. For first time in Indian history 3 beureucrats (coal scam)have been convicted. Its about time not just politicians , but beurecrats,  share the responsibilty

Arnab knows the middle class lean towards the right wing. They are the English new watchers. I am surprised it took somebody this long to realize there was money to be made by being right wing in this segment.

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

Arnab knows the middle class lean towards the right wing. They are the English new watchers. I am surprised it took somebody this long to realize there was money to be made by being right wing in this segment.

I believe Suresh Chavanke has been doing this for a while with his Sudarshan TV. But yea, Republic is the first among the English channels. 

5 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Insteadi of blaming Congress  , AAP, left , BJP Govt should put those anti nationals in jail.Just raising bogey that opposition is anti national before elections will always mean cheap political shots. Anti nationals shoudl be put in jail, if BJP is not doing this after 3 years then they too are hand in glove with them

Under what section of the IPC? I think you are completely missing the point here that the policies and speeches made by such political parties are seen as against the interest of uniting the country and be progressive for the country as a whole by the BJP. Instead, these parties are seen as trying to appease minorities in order to get a major portion of their vote-share. Opposing Uniform Civil Code, creating special Haj subsidies, etc. are some of those policies. Once a policy is in place, it is hard to undo it.

17 hours ago, mishra said:

The best way to be nationalistic is to say the truth. Without bias. Without trying to enforce your perspective on the viewer. Objective reporting in a nut shell.

According to me, Arnab is just the upwardly mobile English speaking middle/upper middle class equivalent of Salman Khan.

Mass appeal and no substance. Personality driven coverage.