Mark this thread: Kuldeep Yadav will win us an overseas test(Non-Asian conditions)

maniac

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What is so mysterious about Kuldeep.....he uses classic chinamen and googlies

Mendis was a mystery spinner because he started using the carrom ball first...something which the world had not seen before and did not know that the ball could turn the other way when the bowler is not trying a doosra.

Mystery in the sense,Chinamen bowlers are a rare breed.......If you remember before Hogg, Michael Bevan used to be the only conventional Chinamen bowler in international cricket... I have seen in the 90's people couldn't read him at times but being a part-timer he would give away too many freebies every over...I remember WI in the 90's collapsing to his bowling once. 

Not sure if Paul Adams qualifies as Chinamen bowler though

Edited by maniac
On 1/11/2017 at 0:31 AM, laaloo said:

Hope we never see Mishra in the test arena again. Such a misfit cricketer who is better served somewhere else. Cant bat, cant field, cant bowl. And his attitude sucks.

he still have something to offer in one day cricket......he is definitely better than ashwin in ODI's...

remember his 5fr against NZ.....very good bowling

Not much to go by but any early signs? Bowled so many full tosses in Lord's and got a pair. His FC stats aren't impressive, gun white ball bowler though. If batsmen start picking him up can he adjust? Will his slowness give batsmen too much time in test cricket where there is no RPO pressure? Will he get away with inconsistent radar in the longer format? I feel he should spend more time in domestics and A tours...needs to bowl over extended periods of time without losing consistency. Also needs to work on his batting because Ashwin and Jaddu have a clear edge there....needn't be as good as them but at least should be capable of averaging 20. 

I was enthusiastic about his chances in Australia but if his radar won't improve he will bleed runs on those pattas with nothing to show for. He has the advantage of being a wrist spinner but clearly has areas to improve, wish he can start bowling 5 kph quicker for starters. Also needs to improves his bowling IQ, mystery will fade away very soon and test cricket is very unforgiving on bowlers who can't plan or set up elaborate traps. Unlike in shorter formats he needs to earn wickets here which will become more difficult once they figure him out and prepare accordingly. 

Will it be a good idea to keep him away from tests until WC 2019? Or should we keep 3 spinners in our test squad in the entire Eng tour and also Australia later this year? I understand it's too early to judge him but we may play only 1 spinner (or none !!!) in all our away tests this year. 3 spinners with the touring party seems overkill. Would rather have a Siraj, Rajpoot or Saini in the squad in place of the 3rd spinner who also offers very little with the bat. 

I have no doubt he will succeed in test cricket but talking about the timing, whether now or after a while. Kid's only 23, Ash/Jaddu are over 30...his time will surely come.

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, CG said:

Kuldeep Has to Get Stronger and increase his Speed for Test Cricket.Batsman are playing him off back foot as he is too slow.

you can be slow but then you will have to land the ball in the right areas to bring the batsmen in the front foot, cannot bowl half trackers and full tosses.  Shane Warne was not exactly fast but he was accurate.  It is not the pace but accuracy that matters more in test cricket.

Edited by rkt.india