Yuvraj - Mirage or are there signs he is back?

40 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

The thing with Yuvraj is he can look so majestic when playing strokes. So when scoring runs he looks amazing. But those runs come less often these days.

He's played amazing this tour, but just don't feel he's a long term selection. Going forward, how much longer are we really going to play him? Are we planning on keep him till 2019?

Kohli loves him, so we can be assured he'll be playing as long as they could possibly keep him

PJ let Yuvi play this season.Then we can decide.If he scores runs he can very well play till 2019.

13 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

PJ let Yuvi play this season.Then we can decide.If he scores runs he can very well play till 2019.

Well he probably will be. Just feel its a backward step. Instead of nourishing young talent, we're going on nostalgia

16 minutes ago, kira said:

love those tears, keep 'em coming, haters gonna hate, king yuvi is back :aha:

Gotta love confident ignorance.

5 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Well he probably will be. Just feel its a backward step. Instead of nourishing young talent, we're going on nostalgia

Gotta love confident ignorance.

Pandey has already played for India,is in the squad.Rahul is playing.Pant will get his chance in the T20s,thats enough talent being nurtured.If someone is performing why take him out?He is 35 not 38.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Pandey has already played for India,is in the squad.Rahul is playing.Pant will get his chance in the T20s,thats enough talent being nurtured.If someone is performing why take him out?He is 35 not 38.

I'm hardly a fan of Pandey, but its unfair on these kinda players who get the odd game here and there, 1 failure and they're discarded, where as other players get unlimited opportunities to deliver.

Anyway the biggest annoyance were the reasoning behind Yuvi's selection. It just reeked of nepotism

2 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

I'm hardly a fan of Pandey, but its unfair on these kinda players who get the odd game here and there, 1 failure and they're discarded, where as other players get unlimited opportunities to deliver.

Anyway the biggest annoyance were the reasoning behind Yuvi's selection. It just reeked of nepotism

Nepotism?What Nepotism??The man is performing,if he doesnt drop him.

Just now, Malcolm Merlyn said:

He scored runs in 4 day games. Totally different format, very different demands.

Kohli has made is pretty obvious who are the players he likes and will get into the side.

Anyways this is a futile exercise, I don't care to change anyone's opinions

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

This guy didn't even follow the ranji trophy, he has no idea about the domestic performances of the players selected but he confidently says that yuvi was selected because of nepotism lmao, and he has the audacity to question his selection despite his complete lack of knowledge, ignorance is bliss I guess :phehe:

Just now, Sachinism said:

He scored runs in 4 day games. Totally different format, very different demands.

Kohli has made is pretty obvious who are the players he likes and will get into the side.

It was always aout Yuvi's fitness and not ability.He showed match fitness throughout the season.

Please name one captain who doesnt back players he believes will do well.

3 minutes ago, kira said:

This guy didn't even follow the ranji trophy, he has no idea about the domestic performances of the players selected but he confidently says that yuvi was selected because of nepotism lmao, and he has the audacity to question his selection despite his complete lack of knowledge, ignorance is bliss I guess :phehe:

I wouldnot doubt @Sachinism cricketing knowledge.He is a keen follower of the game.

All you see is people abusing past greats . Saying go back to first class cricket and bloody perform and earn spot back

yiuvraj gone to ranji, worked his socks off . Scored loads of runs, fought his way back in and then slammed majestic 150. 

But people still not happy saying yeah that's all good but did not score in same format in fc cricket lol

9 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Did you watch him bat today ? Majestic . Why not say batted great ?