Kohli vs Sachin . Can we stop this embarrassing comparison (POLL)

Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Has Virat surpassed Sachin as a cricketer?

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well Sachin was Man of the match against Pak in 1992 WC and remember that tied game against WI(of those times) with the ball or hitting Quadir for 4 6's etc...all that at an age of 20 but yes a guy who hit 16 6's in a game,IPL hattrick,multiple IPL and CL trophies as captain,2 200's,highest individual scores is in a different league of his own,M.O.M WC QF too just to add.

Ya but Rohit scored and took India to next round and others did not.

People never realize Rohit's achievements in a short career like Tendulkar's or Kohli's.

3 minutes ago, Prince_ said:

Sachin was a terrible odi player in his early days especially in away matches. In his first 9/10 years of career he had an average of 27 or something like that against tough oppositions like Pak, Aus, SA or Eng in matches which were played in alien conditions of SA, AUS or Eng. 

Sachin started to perform comparatively better in limited overs Cricket in the later part of his career when pitches got flatter. Kohli Is already a better batsman in LOIs than Sachin was in the first part of his career. 

The bang-bro strikes again! This post is as false and ill-informed as it can get. Tendulkar was a pretty good player right from the get go. It's just that in the earlier part of his career (first 70 odd odis) he batted at 5 in an era where average score in an odi was 220-230 and batting at 5 he couldn't average more than 30 odd he did. He got a chance to open after 5 years or so after making his debut and never looked back.

He played odis on helpful pitches against some of the best bowlers going around - Akram, Waqar, Ambrose, Walsh, Mcgrath, Pollock, Akhtar, Donald, Warne etc. - and succeeded against everyone. The reason I would prefer Kohli to Tendulkar is coz Kohli has that mean spiritedness and ruthlessness in him to finish a match which I've seldom seen, and not because tendulkar made hay while the sun shone. If Tendulkar scored runs on "flatter" pitches, show me a batsman who scored runs on non-flat pitches.

Just now, Cricketics said:

Ya but Rohit scored and took India to next round and others did not.

People never realize Rohit's achievements in a short career like Tendulkar's or Kohli's.

Rohit is god....we are comparing 2 genius mortal cricketers

2 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

And imo all things considered imo rahane currently best Indian test bat.

Kohli too series and condition specific

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Kohli has done better than Rahane at home and in every other country except England.

Rahane can't play spin to save his life.

Edited by HippoSucks
Just now, Yoda-esque said:

Comparing across eras does not make sense.in any case,Let Kohli finish his career first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hmm..don't recollect giving you a lot of positive reputations before...I shall treasure this one :giggle:

Kohli has done better than Rahane at home and in every other country except England.

Rahane can't play spin to save his life.

Doesn't rahane have a better record in sa and west indies compared to virat?

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thats the only game I am talking about. 

If you are being serious then yes...Sure Rohit has played  some clutch knocks and is underrated by 90% of this forum...He is the only guy along with  Kohli and  Dhoni (till 2015) who have a fixed slot in the LOI line up....You cannot say indispensable about any one else i nthe LOI setup and that is a fact.

Just now, Viper said:

shameless sachin fans voting kohli to hide... one right above me says kohli is close but no where near sachin but somehow votes kohli :giggle:

Nope Sachin Fans are teh biggest Kohli fans to you know why?

Kohli is the biggest Sachin fanboy out there...so birds of a feather