Tendulkar convinces shastri to apply

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

To be honest bigger cricketer doesn't always equate to bigger acumen.

You need a stronger personality...Ganguly is the only guy in the CAC who looks like he can stick to his guns.

Let's not anoint Ganguly with good judgement just because he hasn't had an opportunity to properly mess up yet.   

Who was head of the Bengal Cricket board, when that Mamta Bannerjee lady wanted to be on TV before the India-Pakistan game so she could pander to a certain set of voters by giving out shawls to Akram and Younis?   This led to overs being reduced in a massive game in a World cup.   Why didn't Gangu stick to his guns then?  

11 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Beetle ji.  You forgot that VVS has already voted for Tom Moody - his IPL colleague.    After all, personal relationships ko maintain karnaa padtaa hai.   

But a question for you - if you want to relieve these maharathis of their responsibilities, who would you rather have in their place and trust them with the choice?  Diana Eduljee and old man Guha?   Or the likes of Sharad Pawar, Rajeev Shukla, Anurag Thakur etc?   

I think it should be mix of cricketers of  different times so that they are not a gang of colleagues  interviewing or overlooking each other.

As for Moody...at least he is a proper coach with experience. Besides Laxman had mentioned that he will not vote when Moody 's case is being taken.

Sachin ( lol pathetic as always) thinks Sashtri who is fellow mumbaikar is correct for the job, i dont necessarily see anything surprising here. Sachin is afterall a mumbaikar, they do this all the time its pretty common. move along guys, Sashtri is the next coach. Kohli/Sachin enough said.

honestly without trolling look at the camaraderie, and the poyz want their fav coach/director/principal/superman/odin with them.

586533-shastri-kohli-062217.jpg?itok=TW9

6 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Let's not anoint Ganguly with good judgement just because he hasn't had an opportunity to properly mess up yet.   

Who was head of the Bengal Cricket board, when that Mamta Bannerjee lady wanted to be on TV before the India-Pakistan game so she could pander to a certain set of voters by giving out shawls to Akram and Younis?   This led to overs being reduced in a massive game in a World cup.   Why didn't Gangu stick to his guns then?  

Ganguly asked Kumble to apply so that Shastri didn't get the job ...for that alone he gets a lot of points for his acumen in my book..too bad it didn't turn out the way he or all of us wanted it to.

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

I think it should be mix of cricketers of  different times so that they are not a gang of colleagues  interviewing or overlooking each other.

As for Moody...at least he is a proper coach with experience. Besides Laxman had mentioned that he will not vote when Moody 's case is being taken.

Problem with cricketers from different eras is that some of the fossils are extremely out of touch with what the modern game requires behind the scenes.   That's why you have the likes of Ian Chappell write articles claiming coaches are unnecessary.   

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

Sachin ( lol pathetic as always) thinks Sashtri who is fellow mumbaikar is correct for the job, i dont necessarily see anything surprising here. Sachin is afterall a mumbaikar, they do this all the time its pretty common. move along guys, Sashtri is the next coach. Kohli/Sachin enough said.

honestly without trolling look at the camaraderie, and the poyz want their fav coach/director/principal/superman/odin with them.

Everyone from Bombay is biased right?  That's why Kohli picked Rahane to open in West Indies.

9 minutes ago, sandeep said:

you really want Ganguly to go up against Mamta, would have Sachin ever gone against Bal Thackeray?

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Sachin was target of ire from Shiv Sena back in the day for saying he was an Indian first before he was a Maharashtrian or Mumbaikar.

Now he is the ire of ICF for selecting Shastri for being a Mumbaikar.

There is no winning is there?

Well I don't think Sachin has any Mumbai/Maharashtra  bias....he might be personal friends with shastri or even his close mentor like relationship with Kohli might result in just giving Kohli what he wants.

Edited by maniac
1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Everyone from Bombay is biased right?  That's why Kohli picked Rahane to open in West Indies.

Kohli is not from Mumbai he is not from the same set. I said its usual for Mumbaikars to be biased about other Mumbaikars its a general feature basically, displayed here by Sachinkar.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Sachin was target of ire from Shiv Sena back in the day for saying he was an Indian first before he was a Maharashtrian or Mumbaikar.

Well I don't think Sachin has any Mumbai/Maharashtra  bias....he might be personal friends with shastri or even his close mentor like friendship with Kohli might result in just giving Kohli what he wants.

the fact that there should even be a question about this, means what i am saying about Mumbai is true. PATHETIC.

Just now, Vilander said:

Kohli is not from Mumbai he is not from the same set. I said its usual for Mumbaikars to be biased about other Mumbaikars its a general feature basically, displayed here by Sachinkar.

Trivia -How many Mumbaikars played for India during Sachin's God like years...which give or take started from 96? This was the phase when Sachin could have asked for a private jet from one Mumbai suburb to another and BCCI would have obliged

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well I don't think Sachin has any Mumbai/Maharashtra  bias....he might be personal friends with shastri or even his close mentor like friendship with Kohli might result in just giving Kohli what he wants.

Would Sachin select shastri if he was the captain ? Everyone here feels shastri is just a cheerleader getting burger and may be doing massages for cricketers. 

Just now, maniac said:

Trivia -How many Mumbaikars played for India during Sachin's God like years...which give or take started from 96? This was the phase when Sachin could have asked for a private jet from one Mumbai suburb to another and BCCI would have obliged

irrelevant and proves nothing about this current event where Sachin appears to be biased wanting to select Sashtri. A better argument would be Sachin listened to Kohli and the players and is backing Sashtri since he has the players backing and nailing COA, i'd be happy with that.

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

the fact that there should even be a question about this, means what i am saying about Mumbai is true. PATHETIC.

There is no Mumbai quota get over it...in fact growing up in the 90s I saw more players from

Karnataka than I saw from any other state.

I can only remember Mhambrey and Bahatule getting a shot in Sachin's time and they were dumped pretty fast.

Kambli well you can argue had nothing to do with "Mumbai Quota" 

Amre,Manjrekar a made debuts before or along with Sachin.

so what Mumbai quota are you talking in relation to Sachin?

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

irrelevant and proves nothing about this current event where Sachin appears to be biased wanting to select Sashtri. A better argument would be Sachin listened to Kohli and the players and is backing Sashtri since he has the players backing and nailing COA, i'd be happy with that.

Sachin I will say right now doesn't have a strong personality when it doesn't not relate to matters relating to himself...so yes I say he votes in favor of whoever gets to him first. So there you go...I am only pointing out this retarded (not started by you) Mumbai bias theory which has been going around for a while

5 minutes ago, gattaca said:

Would Sachin select shastri if he was the captain ? Everyone here feels shastri is just a cheerleader getting burger and may be doing massages for cricketers. 

No but it's what Kohli really wants right now and forget Sachin,everyone might just give in because Kohli is the golden boy of Indian cricket right now

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Y- MCA ke baare men kab sochna band karenge our little masters......

Srsly there is candidate like Moody is anyone even thinking about him.

i seriously dont undrestand Why Moody is applying again, may be the money and the position. But the guy has been a deserving candidate for some time now, just not being selected for political reasons, well. May be they know better.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

There is no Mumbai quota get over it...in fact growing up in the 90s I saw more players from

Karnataka than I saw from any other state.

I can only remember Mhambrey and Bahatule getting a shot in Sachin's time and they were dumped pretty fast.

Kambli well you can argue had nothing to do with "Mumbai Quota" 

Amre,Manjrekar a made debuts before or along with Sachin.

so what Mumbai quota are you talking in relation to Sachin?

lol conveniently forgetting what i said. Whether or not Sachin was biased during his playing days has got nothing to do with the current event.  I have no view on the events that you are referring to.