Anti-Defection Law: Death of democracy

The Outsider

This parliamentary act is the single biggest reason of fall of democracy in India after allowing chaddhidharis to do their nautanki with dead bodies of Muslims.

Parliamentary debate on merits of bills have become redundant, because at the end of the day a whip will be issued. MP/MLAs no longer represent constituents but parties that nominated them.

Provisions of the Anti Defection Law should apply only when a government might fall. Otherwise, this local representation of people's problems at a larger forum is a non starter.

"The Tenth Schedule — popularly known as the Anti-Defection Act — was included in the Constitution in 1985 by the Rajiv Gandhi ministry and sets the provisions for disqualification of elected members on the grounds of defection to another political party.

The law was added via the 52nd Amendment Act, 1985, soon after the Rajiv government came to power with a thumping majority in the wake of the assassination of prime minister Indira Gandhi. The Congress had won 401 seats in the Lok Sabha."

Lol.

1 hour ago, The Outsider said:

Khul ke bol do mere dost, 'Tera baap kaun se Bha Ja Pa saansad se haara hai jo tu yahan bakchodi kar raha hai?'

Answer: None.

Buddy, your rants/posts have a vehement and consistent anti BJP signature.  Not that I really care because I'm no fan of Modi either.  Just ask the resident sanghis.  But the whole  red team blue team BS is exactly that, BS.  

47 minutes ago, The Outsider said:

Yeah. It was enacted by Rajiv Gandhi. LOL! Is that the cow piss drooling from your mouth after taking a bigger swig than you can handle, because everyone knows that. 

I don't know what your political inclinations are - but if not for the " chaddidharis " and other BS you have spewed, India would have split into many nations.

Perhaps nationalism and national integration may not be your thing - you sound like a perverse male version of Arundhati Roy.

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

Buddy, your rants/posts have a vehement and consistent anti BJP signature.  Not that I really care because I'm no fan of Modi either.  Just ask the resident sanghis.  But the whole  red team blue team BS is exactly that, BS.  

Signature? No, I am anti BJP quite openly and blatantly. There is nothing in Indian politics I despise more than RSS. However, my posts are about their policy failures and their ideological poison, not about fictitious losses suffered by my family due to them.

And funnily you choose a thread to make those personal attacks in a thread which attempts to discuss a law enacted by the Congress rather than the BJP.

1 hour ago, narenpande1 said:

I don't know what your political inclinations are - but if not for the " chaddidharis " and other BS you have spewed, India would have split into many nations.

Perhaps nationalism and national integration may not be your thing - you sound like a perverse male version of Arundhati Roy.

He is pro left wing if I remember him stating this few months ago on this forum. I'm pretty sure a neutral would not be so pissed off with the government and offer constructive criticisms instead.

the Supreme Court held that the act of giving a letter requesting the Governor to call upon the leader of the other side to form a Government itself would amount to an act of voluntarily giving up membership of the party on whose ticket the said members had got elected.

from The Hindu

Edited by Detonator

Sir, you are back to save our democracy. Please try and help save the democracy of the country you are living in. They have done more to the dead bodies of Muslims than most chaddhidhari ( I am presuming you don't prefer one ) can imagine.

"This parliamentary act is the single biggest reason of fall of democracy in India after allowing chaddhidharis to do their nautanki with dead bodies of Muslims."

Kids, this why you should avoid Keyboard Internet battles. If you do it for too long, there is good chance you might lose your balance and coherence in thoughts.  

Edited by ravishingravi

15 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Signature? No, I am anti BJP quite openly and blatantly. There is nothing in Indian politics I despise more than RSS. However, my posts are about their policy failures and their ideological poison, not about fictitious losses suffered by my family due to them.

And funnily you choose a thread to make those personal attacks in a thread which attempts to discuss a law enacted by the Congress rather than the BJP.

You open the post with "Dead Bodies of Muslims" and expect people take your view objectively. You want to discuss anti defection law then read some History of Con-Gress

What is the Anti-Defection Law?

The Tenth Schedule — popularly known as the Anti-Defection Act — was included in the Constitution in 1985 by the Rajiv Gandhi ministry and sets the provisions for disqualification of elected members on the grounds of defection to another political party.

The law was added via the 52nd Amendment Act, 1985, soon after the Rajiv government came to power with a thumping majority in the wake of the assassination of prime minister Indira Gandhi. The Congress had won 401 seats in the Lok Sabha.

What are the grounds for disqualification under the Anti-Defection Law's Articles 102 (2) and 191 (2)?

a) If an elected member voluntarily gives up his membership of a political party;

b) If he votes or abstains from voting in such House contrary to any direction issued by his political party or anyone authorised to do so, without obtaining prior permission.

As a pre-condition for his disqualification, his abstention from voting should not be condoned by his party or the authorised person within 15 days of such incident.

What were the loopholes?

As per the 1985 Act, a 'defection' by one-third of the elected members of a political party was considered a 'merger'. Such defections were not actionable against. The Dinesh Goswami Committee on Electoral Reforms, the Law Commission in its report on "Reform of Electoral Laws" and the National Commission to Review the Working of the Constitution (NCRWC) all recommended the deletion of the Tenth Schedule provision regarding exemption from disqualification in case of a split.

Finally the 91st Constitutional Amendment Act, 2003, changed this. So now at least two-thirds of the members of a party have to be in favour of a "merger" for it to have validity in the eyes of the law. "The merger of the original political party or a member of a House shall be deemed to have taken place if, and only if, not less than two-thirds of the members of the legislature party concerned have agreed to such merger," states the Tenth Schedule.

Pot calling Kettle Black. Refer point b

Edited by mishra

11 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Sir, you are back to save our democracy. Please try and help save the democracy of the country you are living in. They have done more to the dead bodies of Muslims than most chaddhidhari ( I am presuming you don't prefer one ) can imagine.

"This parliamentary act is the single biggest reason of fall of democracy in India after allowing chaddhidharis to do their nautanki with dead bodies of Muslims."

Kids, this why you should avoid Keyboard Internet battles. If you do it for too long, there is good chance you might lose your balance and coherence in thoughts.  

Oh look, my Ravishing Sanghi stalker! How are you doing? Enjoying the nanga taandav of Hindutva terrorism while sipping that Gaumutra? Aaj ka jaam Gauri Lankesh ke naam!

9 hours ago, G_B_ said:

those laws are probably saving the regional outfits.

The split in bihar congress would have been final if not for this law.

They can still be saved by allowing individual legislators to vote independently on all aspects at their volition except ones where the incumbent government will fall which would be money bills and vote of confidence.

2 hours ago, The Outsider said:

They can still be saved by allowing individual legislators to vote independently on all aspects at their volition except ones where the incumbent government will fall which would be money bills and vote of confidence.

thats suits the BJP

only two entities in India who are more ideologically driven than rest. Commies and the Sangh. The former are failing to get elected.

I for one back your aims.  As a BJP supporter will welcome if anti defection laws are abolished.

19 hours ago, The Outsider said:

Oh look, my Ravishing Sanghi stalker! How are you doing? Enjoying the nanga taandav of Hindutva terrorism while sipping that Gaumutra? Aaj ka jaam Gauri Lankesh ke naam!

Still better then wasting public funded AIIMS facilities for getting treatment from drug overdose or annually spending over 2 month in Bangkok just because local lady boys dont want Rahulji and likes shyte on their Coke