Sign in to follow this  
velu

Women's T20 Exhibition Match- IPL Trailblazers v IPL Supernovas | 22nd May , 4 PM IST | Mumbai

IPL Trailblazers vs IPL Supernova :fight:

Supporting IPL Trailblazers for smriti mandhana . :cheer5:

Already i started hating this IPL Supernova team :mad: 

New Delhi: Top international stars like Australians Alyssa Healy and Meg Lanning will be seen in action in the upcoming one-off Women's T20 Challenge match to be played on 22 May ahead of the IPL Qualifier 1 in Mumbai.

The contest will see India Women's T20 vice-captain Smriti Mandhana-led IPL Trailblazers compete against IPL Supernovas, to be captained by Harmanpreet Kaur.

File image of Smriti Mandhana

File image of Smriti Mandhana

The one-of-its-kind match will feature 26 players, including 10 international stars from Australia, England and New Zealand.

The names of the players — 13 for each the two teams — was announced by the BCCI on Thursday.

While IPL Trailblazers boasts of players like India's top bowler Jhulan Goswami and Australia's Alyssa Healy, the IPL Supernovas have in their ranks India's ODI captain Mithali Raj and Australian skipper Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry.

IPL Trailblazers: Smriti Mandhana (Captain), Alyssa Healy (wk), Suzie Bates, Deepti Sharma, Beth Mooney, Jemimah Rodrigues, Danielle Hazell, Shikha Pandey, Lea Tahuhu, Jhulan Goswami, Ekta Bisht, Poonam Yadav, Dayalan Hemalatha.

IPL Supernova: Harmanpreet Kaur (Captain), Danielle Wyatt, Mithali Raj, Meg Lanning, Sophie Devine, Ellyse Perry, Veda Krishnamurthy, Mona Meshram, Pooja Vastrakar, Megan Schutt, Rajseshwari Gayakwad, Anuja Patil, Taniya Bhatia (wicket keeper).

Edited by sourab10forever

10 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

This game is complementary with the ticket to the first eliminator.

Just that the game is at 2pm.

Yeah I know it's complementary, but hitting the stadium in this harsh sun? :(( 

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Think of the girls who have to play in such terrible heat.

:(( 

They are pros no. They play their ODIs and Tests like that only. :-D 

They train every day, super-fit and all. :-p 

20 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Super Kings or Knight riders or Rising super giants isn't cringe worthy?

They are, would rather have the owners name their teams after something famous/unique associated with their cities/region.

How about Hyderabad Nizams, Royal Bengal Tigers, Delhi Brats, Chennai Crybabies, Bengaluru IT Geeks etc. Only Rajasthan franchise is aptly named. Come on you are better in these things than the rest of us besides being a keen scholar on IPL related matters, you can give proper names...what would you call the Mumbai team?

Edited by Gollum

13 minutes ago, Gollum said:

They are, would rather have the owners name their teams after something famous/unique associated with their cities/region.

How about Hyderabad Nizams, Royal Bengal Tigers, Delhi Brats, Chennai Crybabies, Bengaluru IT Geeks etc. Only Rajasthan franchise is aptly named. Come on you are better in these things than the rest of us besides being a keen scholar on IPL related matters, you can give proper names...what would you call the Mumbai team?

Mumbai Vada Pavs

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Mumbai Indians is an apt name.

Mumbai the city and the IPL team is a microcosm of India as a whole. Everything that is good or bad in India is amply reflected in Mumbai society.

Mumbai Pussies.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

On 5/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, Mariyam said:

Mumbai Indians is an apt name.

Mumbai the city and the IPL team is a microcosm of India as a whole. Everything that is good or bad in India is amply reflected in Mumbai society.

Lol its the most un-Indian city in India. They have a superiority that they are from Mumbai even though they have the worst slums they portray marine drive and the beaches, high rises and parks. Living in fools paradise.

Lot of the IPL names initially formed are derived from American sports teams like Cleveland Indians (baseball team - they are portraying a warrior tribe of native americans) to Mumbai Indians :hysterical:, San Diego Chargers (American football team turned to Deccan Chargers :phehe:), kolkata made the famous hit series Knight Riders into a team :laugh:. Don't tell me they didnt copy names from americans. Everything we find here is a copy of Americans like their movies, even the name Bollywood from Hollywood, the nice music from Anu Malik was from the US. I can go on and on.

The others were homemade names and most of them have been shitty.

Delhi Daredevils (awesome name but they havent lived up to the name)

Rajasthan Royals (nice name which suits the region)

Gujarat Lions (nice but most of the fanbase dont eat meat. Gujarat loins survive on dhoklas)

Chennai Super Kings (I think its a good name since in Chennai we use the word super a lot and monarchy lasted quite late until the colonial period). For others they may think its a mediocre or rubbish name but you cant deny its originality)

Kings XI Punjab (Too many kings here. I think the XI was added because of that)

Royal Challengers Bangalore :beer-bottle: (it is very original and quite right too because they play like drunks)

Kochi Tuskers Kerala (there are a lot of elephants in this region. I wouldnt have used Kerala though but who knows the commies might have revolted)

Sunrisers Hyderabad (DMK but shitty name nevertheless)

Pune Warriors (ok)

Rising Pune Super Giants (what the hell happened here)

24 minutes ago, Garuda said:

Lol its the most un-Indian city in India. They have a superiority that they are from Mumbai even though they have the worst slums they portray marine drive and the beaches, high rises and parks. Living in fools paradise.

Lot of the IPL names initially formed are derived from American sports teams like Cleveland Indians (baseball team - they are portraying a warrior tribe of native americans) to Mumbai Indians :hysterical:, San Diego Chargers (American football team turned to Deccan Chargers :phehe:), kolkata made the famous hit series Knight Riders into a team :laugh:. Don't tell me they didnt copy names from americans. Everything we find here is a copy of Americans like their movies, even the name Bollywood from Hollywood, the nice music from Anu Malik was from the US. I can go on and on.

The others were homemade names and most of them have been shitty.

Delhi Daredevils (awesome name but they havent lived up to the name)

Rajasthan Royals (nice name which suits the region)

Gujarat Lions (nice but most of the fanbase dont eat meat. Gujarat loins survive on dhoklas)

Chennai Super Kings (I think its a good name since in Chennai we use the word super a lot and monarchy lasted quite late until the colonial period). For others they may think its a mediocre or rubbish name but you cant deny its originality)

Kings XI Punjab (Too many kings here. I think the XI was added because of that)

Royal Challengers Bangalore :beer-bottle: (it is very original and quite right too because they play like drunks)

Kochi Tuskers Kerala (there are a lot of elephants in this region. I wouldnt have used Kerala though but who knows the commies might have revolted)

Sunrisers Hyderabad (DMK but shitty name nevertheless)

Pune Warriors (ok)

Rising Pune Super Giants (what the hell happened here)

Indians have the worst imagination and creative flare when it comes to picking name for franchises... just look at ISL;

Atletico de Kolkata... wanted to copy Atletico Madrid but arent even good enough to be cleaners of the the club.

Even in the IPL they want to have the Royalty theme.. Super Kings, Kings XI, Royals, Royal Challengers.. abe BC kya originality tel lene gayi thi us din

21 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Indians have the worst imagination and creative flare when it comes to picking name for franchises... just look at ISL;

Atletico de Kolkata... wanted to copy Atletico Madrid but arent even good enough to be cleaners of the the club.

Even in the IPL they want to have the Royalty theme.. Super Kings, Kings XI, Royals, Royal Challengers.. abe BC kya originality tel lene gayi thi us din

Yup too many copycats and too many royalty. The now defunct ICL had some decent names.

Atlectico de Kolkata had a partnership with Atlectico Madrid in the first few years hence the name

You 'll die laughing after you hear the full form of the new name, ATK.
Aamar Tomar Kolkata!!!!
*Facepalm*
What kind of name is this?

29 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

As usual stadium is empty... lets hope people start coming in the next 30/40 mins

Not a good sign for the planned women's IPL.

I watched a fair bit of India's games last WC. They were fairly enjoyable.

As usual stadium is empty... lets hope people start coming in the next 30/40 mins
That's because it is a complementary game held at 2
To promote women's cricket,you need to market it well.
You can't just hold a match at a stupid timing with the focus clearly on the men's match and say that , "Oh no, The girl's match had no crowd , hence WIPL is not feasible" as an excuse later.
You have to always market a stuff for what it is.
Not as buy 1 get 1 free style.
BCCI needs to grow balls and schedule women's matches with proper timing and ensure that men's matches are considered separately.
Crowd will gradually come.

Wtf!
A lot of channels which show IPL is not showing this game.
With so less visibility and marketing, BCCI thinks they will garner enough money for WIPL?
Even the people who wants to watch the match can't watch it.
And then they will trash WIPL idea as "unfeasible" when they did not market it properly.
Why women are always considered 2nd class citizens?

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

That's because it is a complementary game held at 2
To promote women's cricket,you need to market it well.
You can't just hold a match at a stupid timing with the focus clearly on the men's match and say that , "Oh no, The girl's match had no crowd , hence WIPL is not feasible" as an excuse later.
You have to always market a stuff for what it is.
Not as buy 1 get 1 free style.
BCCI needs to grow balls and schedule women's matches with proper timing and ensure that men's matches are considered separately.
Crowd will gradually come.

Dont get me wrong, I do want the women's game to progress. They should have done the exhibition match in between the two play off games so they happen during the evenings. Unfortunately the typical indian IPL fan will get bored in the women's IPL if there is one that is. These two teams have the best players in the world right now but there has not even been 1 six hit despite the ropes being brought in.

The way indians are they won't waste their time coming to a match like this. I hope they change their mindset but are we expecting a lot from them?

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.